sunlun's bid for 2018

snakehips

Have a look on .com about the picture these inbreds are using to front their campaign as one of the World Cup host cities.

Looks a lovely place. I really would love to go there. But.....er,.....there appears something wrong.

Knackas.

Not sure why FIFA would pick a 45000 seater stadium that everyone has to struggle to get to from newcastle airport and central station when theres a nice 52000 seater stadium right next to both of them :lol:

From what I gather there doesn't have to be a choice between the two. Both could host games. I think Newcastle and Sunderland were debating a joint bid at one point.

It's funny as fuck when they are so obsessed with us as a club and then they use Newcastle to advertise Sunderland's world cup bid.

Pathetic.

''Sunderland, famous for Newcastle'' - Danny Dire - The Wheel Football Factowheese.

Sad but true :lol:

Not sure why FIFA would pick a 45000 seater stadium that everyone has to struggle to get to from newcastle airport and central station when theres a nice 52000 seater stadium right next to both of them :lol:

Question them and they'll start banging on about how they got the nod in 1966 etc. totally overlooking the development of both our ground and the city in general over the past 40 years.

Newcastle is one of the few cultural centres alreadt setup for the world cup in this country. The fact that they've had to launch a campaign speaks volumes tbh.

In truth it would be a fantastic cultural opportunity for our european neighbours to enjoy sunderland and converse with the natives over a traditional baked potato with beans and cheese served in a plastic tray and marvel at the quirky dress sense that deems the wearing of slippers around the bridges to be acceptable.

As .com implies - expect references to Ponteland/Woolsington airport.

I can see the marketing team at it already....

You've heard of Paris (Beauvais), Durham (Tees Valley) and London (Luton), well how about Sunderland (Ponteland)

Sunderland has launched its bid to become a World Cup Host City and is urging the whole of the North East to get behind the bid.

A successful bid would mean qualifying matches during the World Cup finals would be played at the Stadium of Light. However, Sunderland is keen to embrace the whole of North East England in its proposal, ensuring that as many places and people as possible across the region benefit from playing a part in the biggest sporting event in the world.

To show your support for Sunderland and the North East region vote here.

Once on the England 2018 Bid website, simply complete the ‘Show Your Support’ form and select ‘Sunderland’ from the ‘CHOOSE YOUR HOST CITY’ section.

Because Sunderland is a fucking shithole and people might want somewhere nice to go.

It's a cop out and you should be ashamed.

if you wish to view it in your own little demented way, fair enough. But personally from my opinion i wouldnt give two fucks if us, yourselves or any other north east city got the bid, all id care about is getting a once in a lifetime opportunity to go the world cup, however ur view was canny like :lol:

If they wanted a 'North East Bid' they should have called it just that.

You can't call it a Sunderland bid and then advertise Newcastle, especially after all the stick we've had off the north east's only Premier League club.

http://www.sunderland2018bid.com/

yeah just read this on .com as well! wtf, its like their 3rd image or something on their scrolling pictures of the city! cluthing at straws, Guess the web designer is still using floppy disks as you could fit all the decent pictures of Sunderland on one but the looks of things

Just actually looked :lol::(

Out of 10 pics,I reckon 5 are not actually sunlun

Newcastle quayside

Bamburgh Castle

Durham Cathedral

Marsden Rock(South Shields)

Penshaw Monument(washington)

The beach pic is suspect too.

You could not make it up :lol:

Don't recognise the bridge, might be sunlun, could easily be feckin Smogsville or Hartlepool .

Edited by Monkeys Fist

You can't call it a Sunderland bid and then advertise Newcastle, especially after all the stick we've had off the north east's only Premier League club.

fair enough, just dont have a go mate. im not like any of the cunts of sunderland fans that you all seem to know. i was just pointing something out which i believe was true. It will embrace the north east, not just benefit our club, lets all hope we get it, then we can all celebrate as ENGLAND Fans!!!

fair enough, just dont have a go mate. im not like any of the cunts of sunderland fans that you all seem to know. i was just pointing something out which i believe was true. It will embrace the north east, not just benefit our club, lets all hope we get it, then we can all celebrate as ENGLAND Fans!!!

C'mon........ you must admit to being a wee bit embarrassed the sunlun bid uses pics of Newcastle?

Where are the pics of Fawcett Street with its Stunning architecture, John Street with its .... erm..... struggling here mate ....... help me out.

Oh aye, tell any of your less enlightened mates, the next time they call SJP St. Hotch Potch Park, they want to have a look at this site, which clearly displays the beautiful symmetry of your own patch of grass.

You MUST be a bit embarrassed?

C'mon........ you must admit to being a wee bit embarrassed the sunlun bid uses pics of Newcastle?

Where are the pics of Fawcett Street with its Stunning architecture, John Street with its .... erm..... struggling here mate ....... help me out.

Oh aye, tell any of your less enlightened mates, the next time they call SJP St. Hotch Potch Park, they want to have a look at this site, which clearly displays the beautiful symmetry of your own patch of grass.

Not embarrassed in the slightest mate, why should i be? like i said, id be happy if Newcastl* (since u lot refuse to but the d on the end of sunderland :lol: ) or any other north east side got it. Its a Sunderland Bid, like u lot have a Newcastl* bid. Both of which im sure would embrace the north east.

Not embarrassed in the slightest mate, why should i be? like i said, id be happy if Newcastl* (since u lot refuse to but the d on the end of sunderland :lol: ) or any other north east side got it. Its a Sunderland Bid, like u lot have a Newcastl* bid. Both of which im sure would embrace the north east.

Burning with the shame I reckon :(

You can't fool the Fist! very often[