sunlun's bid for 2018

snakehips

Not embarrassed in the slightest mate, why should i be? like i said, id be happy if Newcastl* (since u lot refuse to but the d on the end of sunderland :lol: ) or any other north east side got it. Its a Sunderland Bid, like u lot have a Newcastl* bid. Both of which im sure would embrace the north east.

Thing is mate it's like trying to sell my shit tip of a car by saying my mates car is nice.

it's a sunderland bid, says so right in the url, it's only later that it proposes to be a "North East" bid. If they wanted it to be a "North East" bid, they should have marketed it as such, tried to have a joint bid with Newcastle or something. But to have a sunderland bid then use things that have absolutley nothing to do with sunderland is as pathetic as it is wrong.

Newcastle wouldn't need to fake landmarks and places of interest. St James' is a bigger stadium with more character, it's more central, it has better transport links and Newcastle city centre itself is far more "cosmopolitan" and acceptable to foregin folk... imagine a Ghanaian walking through sunderland city centre, he'd want to set up a charity for folk back home to send a £1 a month to the poor bastards he saw there.

How you can't be embarrassed about this is a mystery to me.

Newcastle has a lush centre and it's easy to get to - also the Stadium is city centre and you can see it from almost anywhere when you are walking around.

Sunderland has a stadium and you can get to it by going via Newcastle. Oh it's also a shit hole! :lol:

If we were successful with the bid, would any of you come to Sunderland and the Stadium of Light to see England play in the world cup?

I would not worry about that dilemma coming up really as England would play at Wembley for sure. Even if England get through to the knock out stages then i'm sure they still would not play at Sunderland or Newcastle for that matter.

If we were successful with the bid, would any of you come to Sunderland and the Stadium of Light to see England play in the world cup?

No. I couldn't even bring myself to come and see Engurlund when they played at SJP - it just didn't seem right to me. Strange, but true.

I saw them a few years ago when Shearer scored that overhead kick against Belgium.

I don't think we have a bid like you do, I think we will probably be asked :(

You have:

Link

Includes a few comments from the messiah himself

Who? Brian?? :lol:

I went to see England at SJP and SOL and wouldn't go again.

I also saw the Euro '96 games and they weren't even sell outs in a 36,000 stadium when football in Newcastle had never been so popular, so personally I doubr either stadium would sell out, especially if the ticket prices are high or we get some nobodies from Eastern Europe or Africa.

The bridge MF mentioned there is in Stockton I believe. Cringeworthy stuff from SAFC (instead of us for a change). I had to visit Sunderland Uni last week as it happens and, well, personally I would not want to subject any foreign fans to it (especially after the disgraceful scenes at the Turkey game).