Shepherd In?

Park Life

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see how he acts without the Hall's hand up his backside.

He was adamant when interviewed a while back that none of the club's problems had anything to do with him and it was all down to Ashley. We all know he's a gobshite but if he actually thinks that then he's going to find it tough going.

He was adamant when interviewed a while back that none of the club's problems had anything to do with him and it was all down to Ashley. We all know he's a gobshite but if he actually thinks that then he's going to find it tough going.

TBF it was always in MA's interests to milk any issues left by the former regime.

A properly functioning NUFC is a threat to any club in the world. :o

Who knows how it would turn our with a new consortium headed by Shepherd? One thing's for sure, we know how it's going to turn out with the current cretins. Any regime change is going to give me a massive boost of optimism, on the basis it's not Ashley.

Who knows how it would turn our with a new consortium headed by Shepherd? One thing's for sure, we know how it's going to turn out with the current cretins. Any regime change is going to give me a massive boost of optimism, on the basis it's not Ashley.

It feels like New Labour, like teen spirit, like a cheap perfume on the telly. BRING IT THE FUCK ON!!!!1111122222 :o

Didn't somebody post the other day that Sir John Hall has chucked his hat in with some consortium or other?.....if true its just as likely to be the one Shepherd is involved with as any of the others said to be interested.

Two things....Shep will never get as lucky ever again in his entire life than when Sir Bob accepted a relative pittance to save us from the drop in 99. And,assuming we get back up in the next couple of years, whether the banks will let him finance a similar spending spree to get us challenging for the top 6, incurring the debt that Ashley couldnt and wouldnt handle. One thing we may all have to accept is NUFC will have to live within its means for the next few years...whether Shep will accept that?.....I have grave doubts :o

It feels like New Labour, like teen spirit, like a cheap perfume on the telly. BRING IT THE FUCK ON!!!!1111122222 :o

OMFG YCMIU LOLZ LOLZ !1111111 ;)

The rumours were better with Shepherd in charge.

Say what you like, things are never dull at this club etc etc

it must be hellishly boring supporting anyone else.

The rumours were better with Shepherd in charge.

Say what you like, things are never dull at this club etc etc

it must be hellishly boring supporting anyone else.

And don't you know that's exactly why all those fans of other clubs hate it sooo much :o

I'm pleased for you that you appear to think we should compete at the levels of Bolton, Charlton and not the trophy winning clubs.

Ashley should be good for you. Enjoy your time with him running the club.

Bet you wish that you were competing at Bolton's level now.

I'm pleased for you that you appear to think we should compete at the levels of Bolton, Charlton and not the trophy winning clubs.

Ashley should be good for you. Enjoy your time with him running the club.

Bet you wish that you were competing at Bolton's level now.

I'm sure Bolton will have a great time ''competing'' to stay in the division next year.

I think Leazes has just erupted in nuabashed joyous fervour, leaving behind a grizzly pool of sweat and spit and sperm

Shearer wouldn't take the job when Shepherd and the Halls were still in town so it'll be 'interesting' this time round if there's any truth in this. I'm hoping for a third party and a fresh start though to be honest.

Shearer wouldn't take the job when Shepherd and the Halls were still in town so it'll be 'interesting' this time round if there's any truth in this. I'm hoping for a third party and a fresh start though to be honest.

I hope Shepherd has learnt in meantime, but think it is unlikely. For all the mistakes Ashley has done himself and all the ambition Shepherd has, there have been serious financial fuck ups by him or under him during his last stint. We still have to pay for these mistakes, especially for some of the horrendous wages and contracts (Owen, missing relegation clauses).

All Shepherd has for him is that he isn't Ashley, but that's about it.

.com are spot on:

Let's get Freddy

to rumble....?

The BBC reported that a consortium were in "advanced talks over a £60m takeover" of the club via TV & online news updates on Monday, naming Freddy Shepherd as the lead figure and Alan Shearer as preferred manager.

We're unsure whether the beeb have got the inside track on this, or have reacted to the latest in a series of whispers that are doing the rounds on Tyneside.

The price quoted seems ridiculous - has our stock really fallen that far? - but the story seems to have gathered pace after reported sightings of Shepherd and Shearer at the old La Sagesse school in Jesmond, recently bought by the former Chairman.

The return of Shepherd would surely be another backwards step with more embarrassing "Geordie Nation" utterances, exclusive interviews to Jim White on Sky, the return of Douggie Hall and the Gibraltar office, transfer dealings with Willie McKay and Paul Stretford, family members on the board and local car dealer hangers-on back in the Director's Box.

Mike Ashley & Co have been an unmitigated disaster but have we really been beaten into submission to the extent that the man who bought Albert Luque and Michael Owen (Graeme Souness insists he was a bystander in both deals) can walk straight back in?

And we haven't even mentioned Toongate....

This club has been without competent management at all levels for decades and that needs to change. Now.

Isegrim's right in that Shepherd has NOTHING to bring to the table that marks him as an improvement other than he's not the same man.

This will not end well. :o

I hope Shepherd has learnt in meantime, but think it is unlikely. For all the mistakes Ashley has done himself and all the ambition Shepherd has, there have been serious financial fuck ups by him or under him during his last stint. We still have to pay for these mistakes, especially for some of the horrendous wages and contracts (Owen, missing relegation clauses).

All Shepherd has for him is that he isn't Ashley, but that's about it.

To be fair it took a special effort of incompetence to get us relegated. I don't think it would have happened under Shepherd et al; he'd have thrown money and a new manager at it in January. The comments about financial fuck ups are fair enough in my book, although Shepherd and the Halls look like City whizz kids in comparison to Ashley.

Feeling massively underwhelmed by this. On a positive note, he's not Mike Ashley but then any prospective buyer has got that distinction.

On a negative note it's Ashley's predecessor who only 2 years ago had us as a stale outfit following a succession of his own fuck up after fuck up. Not to mention his health is suspect.

LeazesMag aside, I think anyone who is joyous at the prospect of Shepherd returning is evidently so desperate to see the back of Ashley, the don't care who takes over.

We could end up in an altogether bigger mess!