Shepherd In?

Park Life

I'd be far more confident of a returning Shepherd getting us out of the Championship (i.e. going up) than I would with Ashley still at the helm. The latter seems to have completely lost interest and chucked his hand in regarding NUFC. And Shepherd's consortium might be the only option we have.

I'm with you on that one. As calamitous as Shepherd is, at least he gives a fuck

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want this whole thing sorted either way. Find the whole thing boring as fuck now.

No coffee this morning? :o

Two already. :razz:

Have some more. It'll protect you from Parkinsons. Or something ;)

It's been a bit of a slow day tbf at work. I'll I've had all day has been conference calls so far.

I just want this whole thing sorted either way. Find the whole thing boring as fuck now.

Too much can cause Parkyness though. Which is quite nasty as this thread shows...

Too much can cause Parkyness though. Which is quite nasty as this thread shows...

Obsessed. :scratchhead:

Obsessed. :scratchhead:

:scratchhead:

We are at the bottom so the only way is up!!

I don't think Shepherd will be the long term answer but he might be are only choice, there does not seem to be much of a queue of willing investors out there so it's a case of getting who you can to end the disaster that has been Ashley.

It's been a bit of a slow day tbf at work. I'll I've had all day has been conference calls so far.

That's the trouble with office life. People eat and drink incessantly cos they're bored. Before you know it you're up to double digit on cups of coffee and suffering withdrawal symptoms if you don't get a caffeine fix. I realised I was getting severely ratty at the weekends cos I wasn't drinking enough coffee during the day :scratchhead:

It worries me that Shepherd is coming in for us now, it shows the lack of financial acumen that lead to him selling up in the first place. As an investor, wouldn't it have been wise to wait until we were sold at rock bottom price? Then your outlay is £100m instead of £160m.

plus he's fat and stupid and ugly

Edited by The Fish

We are at the bottom so the only way is up!!

I don't think Shepherd will be the long term answer but he might be are only choice, there does not seem to be much of a queue of willing investors out there so it's a case of getting who you can to end the disaster that has been Ashley.

Is about the size of the matter.

From Nufc.com:

The BBC reported that a consortium were in "advanced talks over a £60m takeover" of the club via TV & online news updates on Monday, naming Freddy Shepherd as the lead figure and Alan Shearer as preferred manager.

Informed sources on Tyneside are now giving credence to the story and suggesting that this Friday could finally see something solid break, bringing an end to the weeks of claims, whispers and half-truths over United's future.

The price quoted seems ridiculous - has our stock really fallen that far? - but the story seems to have gathered pace after reported sightings of Shepherd and Shearer at the old La Sagesse school in Jesmond, recently bought by the former Chairman.

The return of FS would surely be another backwards step if we're treated to more embarrassing "Geordie Nation" utterances, exclusive Sky interviews with Jim White, family members on the board, dubious agent involvement and local car dealer hangers-on back in the Director's Box.

Mike Ashley & Co have been an unmitigated disaster but have we really been beaten into submission to the extent that the man who bought Albert Luque and Michael Owen (Graeme Souness insists he was a bystander in both deals) can walk straight back in?

And we haven't even mentioned Toongate....

This club has been without competent management at all levels for decades and that needs to change. Now.

I don't get this "Shepherd cares" stuff. If his time here proves anything it's that Newcastle comes a distant second to himself, whether that be his ego or his wallet.

If he comes back in it's for his own personal gain and nothing else.

I don't get this "Shepherd cares" stuff. If his time here proves anything it's that Newcastle comes a distant second to himself, whether that be his ego or his wallet.

If he comes back in it's for his own personal gain and nothing else.

couldn't agree more.

I just can't get my brain away from the warehouse thing. That, for me, was one of the worst examples of Shepherd's tenure as Chairman, and if that sort of stuff is to be repeated I will just have to walk away. The feeling I get is that if Shepherd does take over, he will repeat the mistakes he made and we will be back to square 1.

Christ, is this all we are worth now ??????? We are in the gutter.

I just can't get my brain away from the warehouse thing. That, for me, was one of the worst examples of Shepherd's tenure as Chairman, and if that sort of stuff is to be repeated I will just have to walk away. The feeling I get is that if Shepherd does take over, he will repeat the mistakes he made and we will be back to square 1.

Christ, is this all we are worth now ??????? We are in the gutter.

That's a division above at least! :o

It shows how far down Ashley has taken us but right now unless there's someone better bidding (which doesn't really seem to be the case), the fat man would be a big step forward.

I was as vocal as anyone else who wanted him out but he would at least give us someone who wants to take the club forward as oppose to someone who has completely given up and just wants to run away.

Ashley is leaving us to rot, we have no manager and no one running the club. If that continues much longer we will be in serious danger of a second relegation. Something must be done to stop that and if that has to be Shepherd then so be it. Even if he's learned nothing I am confident he will back a manager with enough to get us promoted (whether the manger he appoints can do the job who knows?).