Souness calendar of Excuses

Rob W

The Faye thread today points out that if Faye goes off to the African Cup Souness has his excuses sorted for January - but what of other months?

A small contribution

Nov - its a disgrace - no-one ever told me we were playing Chelsea - I get out there on the touchline and there's a Sardine Merchant in a coat he must have stolen -

Dec:- its a disgrace - our pre match preparation was disturbed by some fat (sorry Mr Shepherd, sir) guy landing on players house roofs with a sleigh and waking them up

January - it's a disgrace - Faye absent in Efrika - how DARE they play for their country!!

Feb - its a disgrace - all this white stuff around - how am I supposed to prepare a decent team when the pitch isn't covered in grass

March - its a disgrace - all these teams rearranging games because they're in the Semis of useless competitions like the so-called Champions League when teams like ours in 18th place have planned months ahead

April - its a disgrace - I wasn't the one who gave them the "Columbian special" chocolate Easter eggs that Nobby bought in Bogota Duty Free

May - its a disgrace - Mr Shepherd just doesn't understand what I've done for this club getting them into the Championship

May - It's a disgrace. After such a seasom, Parker doesn't make the World Cup squad. The Swede is clueless - he doesn't know proper players to save his life.

(Carrick injured. Parker called up to the England squad)

August - It's a disgrace. Club should always come before country. It wasn't Scotty's fault he got injured for six months, he shouldn't be called up to play for his country when he's got a season ahead of him. It's not fair to ruin a career of a proper player like that.

June - Its a disgrace - I was planning to use Michael Owen as a lawn ornament this summer but apparently he's qualified to play for England - why wasn't I told???

alex ferguson and arsene wenger both give excuses to the press then work on the player later.you have souness in a no win situation,if he has a go at certain players,"he shouldnt say that,what does it say to the player",if he says nowt and tries to cover,like those mentioned,it's excuses.

mind you his boumsong on slippy pitch is stretching things a bit

alex ferguson and arsene wenger both give excuses to the press then work on the player later.you have souness in a no win situation,if he has a go at certain players,"he shouldnt say that,what does it say to the player",if he says nowt and tries to cover,like those mentioned,it's excuses.

mind you his boumsong on slippy pitch is stretching things a bit

52919[/snapback]

I'm not an advocate of Souness, but thats spot on.

July - It's a disgrace, the manager wont give me another 50 million for proper players and I'm bored with this lot already. If we had Emerton and Neill we'll challenge for the league next season.

52908[/snapback]

August - Did I say League? I meant Championship of course

May - It's a disgrace. You can't blame me for getting us relegated. You should be blaming the other teams around us for getting more points. It's what happens in poor teams made of proper players, and those that have proper training grounds.

Guest CrimsonFault
Any month - I'm Scottish. No Scottish people know anything about football.

53167[/snapback]

Alex Ferguson's honours called you a liar.

55570[/snapback]

I don't appreciate you pissing in my chips. Especially as they had curry. ;)

53167[/snapback]

55570[/snapback]

55597[/snapback]

Jock Stein, Bill Shankly and Matt Busby weren't bad either.

Guest CrimsonFault

53167[/snapback]

55570[/snapback]

55597[/snapback]

Jock Stein, Bill Shankly and Matt Busby weren't bad either.

55599[/snapback]

Wasn't even born then

November - It's a disgrace - Owen will score 24 games a season and Sven has just used up the two I was planning on for November - GIVE ME BACK MY TWO GOALS Mr Erikson