Championship is a whole new ball game

Craig

I am surprised these footballs havn' t been named yet as the daddy of all footballs. I remember using these at school and it felt like you were kicking a brick wall, but if you caught one nice and sweet the amount of power you could get behind the ball was unbelievable. btw i prefer the old school Mitre ball better than these new age Nike footballs

316-ultimaxproduct.jpg

I always thought they were Mitre Delta Magma's which were the business. Caseys round our end. The better quality of ball meant the leather stayed on rather than them becoming a soggy carcass.

When we ended up losing them, someone would always bring out a floater or one of those other plastic balls which were a bit heavier but still shit.

More N-O cross posting :lol:

Its been mentioned in a couple of other threads but I’ve been it holding off until I had a decent image of the completed ball. I had thought of doing a panel by panel reveal but fortunately the ball arrived in the office today so here is the official Mitre Newcastle United Championship Matchball for the 2009/10 season …

side2m.jpg

side3.jpg

As part of my placement at Mitre, it has been one of my roles over the last 6 months to work alongside the Football League and the individual clubs to create all 72 (and several possible relegation/promotion teams) ball designs for the forthcoming season. Unfortunately that meant creating the designs of our ball way before the season ended. Come Villa Park on the last day, obviously I was hoping for Premiership survival but seeing the club I support using the ball I designed came a close second. Whilst others had to face piss taking work colleagues on that Tuesday morning, I had the responsibility of finalising the design and seeking approval from the club. Not great!

On another note, Sky Sports have chosen to run a specific feature about the Newcastle ball and this should be aired within the next few days – further details will follow. And unlike the Chronicle’s story on the ball the other day, this will actually be about the right matchball, the Mitre Revolve.

I hope you like it!!!

I bet most people (including me) could barely tell the difference anyway!

It's not like I'll be meticulous with the placing of a 30 yard free kick, I'll be concentrating more on actually striking the thing!

I am surprised these footballs havn' t been named yet as the daddy of all footballs. I remember using these at school and it felt like you were kicking a brick wall, but if you caught one nice and sweet the amount of power you could get behind the ball was unbelievable. btw i prefer the old school Mitre ball better than these new age Nike footballs

316-ultimaxproduct.jpg

those were the balls used for the premierships 2nd/3rd season weren't they?

great balls.

you lads thought getting hit with casers were bad? ~LWF0838.jpg

we only had an all weather pitch (gravel...) in school so we used those rubber all weather balls for football/gaelic etc the only thing that stung more than getting twatted with one of those on a cold wet day was getting hit with one of these playing hurling

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/101065956/Wat...urling_Ball.jpg

(they're like a cricket ball basically)

In the 80's, we played on the school yard with very heavy and durable plastic balls, orange I think. Possibly called "Captain". They lasted ages unless you kicked them in front of a car or into a thornbush. I went through a few of those.