2 x bids of £100m confirmed

donaldstott

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...72703-24086316/

Newcastle United receive bids of £100m for club

Jul 6 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

DEREK LLAMBIAS has revealed that “more than two bids at £100m” have been received for crisis club Newcastle United.

The Toon managing director was spotted showing a Malaysian consortium around St James’s Park and the United training HQ last Thursday.

But he remained tight-tipped on the identity of the bidders, with Newcastle and the clutch of interested parties wary of the non-disclosure agreements they signed since the club went up for sale.

With the first-team squad now in Dublin at a boot camp, the club contacted the Chronicle today to say that the sale was still “ongoing”, with investment bankers Seymour Pierce in charge of finding a new owner for the Magpies.

The Malaysians were mooted to have discussed a bid in excess of £80m in addition to tackling the overdraft at United, thought to be £34m.

But Llambias has insisted that the price was never going to be less than £100m.

And he told the Chronicle today: “There have been more than two bids at £100m.

“At the moment we are in the hands of lawyers and it is all ongoing.

“We are giving interested parties all the help that they need.”

Another group that appeared to go off the radar after emerging as the first to express an interest are the Singapore-based Profitable Group.

Llambias has always been sceptical about the strategic global investment group and initially denied their claims that they wanted to buy the group.

But Profitable hit back on their website on June 10, claiming that they were in discussions with Seymour Pierce over the sale.

The talk in the capital today was that the group, who have former England man Steve McMahon on board, had put in a bid on Friday.

But this claim was dismissed by the club today.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

The only story I want to hear about this now is confirmation we've been sold. Even then I'm not sure I'll believe it.

Guest alex
Simple question - why should we believe anything the slimy fucker says?

It's interesting that this comes out on the day that .com claim it'll be another four weeks.

Aye. Well dodgy that like.

We were supposed to be accepting the first bid to match £100m. Having received more than one, something must to be bollocks.

If the bids have been made, why do we need to be assisting interested parties? Surely we'd asist them to the point of making a bid....and then the ball's in our court.

Pipe down Llambias and fuck off.

Edited by Happy Face

I actually take this as good news, in anouncing multiple bids he's trying to squeeze up the price, not worth doing IF there hasn't been serious interest.

I actually take this as good news, in anouncing multiple bids he's trying to squeeze up the price, not worth doing IF there hasn't been serious interest.

Aye and delaying the sale in the process, which is what we really don't need right now.

Aye and delaying the sale in the process, which is what we really don't need right now.

True, but I don't hold with the deliberate spitefull delay stuff to be honest, if there's been formal bids that means the due dilligence etc is done, a "gentlemen, give us your best offer" excercise can have a pretty short deadline attached.

Guest alex

True, but I don't hold with the deliberate spitefull delay stuff to be honest, if there's been formal bids that means the due dilligence etc is done, a "gentlemen, give us your best offer" excercise can have a pretty short deadline attached.

Just Ashley's style if you ask me.

'More than 2 bids' :lol:

More than you can imagine bids. :spinwank:

A cornucopia of bids.

A plethora of bidding....

We're inundated with bids.... ;)

Edited by Park Life

Why looks made up, We have no idea what going on, if we keep believing or not believe what in the papers the only time anything will be true is when the club is sold the rest could or could not be made up, if they are trying to push up the price there nothing we can do about.

Guest alex
Why looks made up, We have no idea what going on, if we keep believing or not believe what in the papers the only time anything will be true is when the club is sold the rest could or could not be made up, if they are trying to push up the price there nothing we can do about.

I think that just about covers it.

I'll be stunned if anyone actually pays 100m, that is the primary reason I doubt the story. Designed to drum up interest or perhaps coerce people who haven't bid/walked away/bid less.

Edited by Park Life

This post reads like a Malaysian stalling for time. You're fooling nobody matey!

I'm sure this all happened last time Ashley said he wanted to sell us, he had bids in then made out there were better offers... though it back-fired last time and he ended up staying with us because it scared the real bidders off.

;)

Simple question - why should we believe anything the slimy fucker says?

It's interesting that this comes out on the day that .com claim it'll be another four weeks.

Have we signed Deco yet ?[/.com]

I'm sure this all happened last time Ashley said he wanted to sell us, he had bids in then made out there were better offers... though it back-fired last time and he ended up staying with us because it scared the real bidders off.

;)

At my most optimistic I think there may have been bids in the region of 60m and MA has turned them down, hence Lamearse still plugging the 100m line.