2 x bids of £100m confirmed

donaldstott

Why looks made up, We have no idea what going on, if we keep believing or not believe what in the papers the only time anything will be true is when the club is sold the rest could or could not be made up, if they are trying to push up the price there nothing we can do about.

I'll be stunned if anyone actually pays 100m, that is the primary reason I doubt the story. Designed to drum up interest or perhaps coerce people who haven't bid/walked away/bid less.

Considering no Championship club has ever gone for more than £40m* (certainly not one with £130m of debt and a £60m wage bill) I'm guessing this would put off more people than it would encourage.

*I'm not sure of that. Anyone know the most expensive club outside the Premier league?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me daft, but I actually believe him for once.

You don't make a statement to a two-bit local newspaper if you're trying to drum up interest, you go on Five Live and shout from the roof tops much like KH did before Christmas. The silence from both Fat Fred and Ananda Krishnan (whose bid is being talked up by Malaysian cabinet ministers) is deafening and I think we may see a resolution some time soon.

Why looks made up, We have no idea what going on, if we keep believing or not believe what in the papers the only time anything will be true is when the club is sold the rest could or could not be made up, if they are trying to push up the price there nothing we can do about.

I'll be stunned if anyone actually pays 100m, that is the primary reason I doubt the story. Designed to drum up interest or perhaps coerce people who haven't bid/walked away/bid less.

Considering no Championship club has ever gone for more than £40m* (certainly not one with £130m of debt and a £60m wage bill) I'm guessing this would put off more people than it would encourage.

*I'm not sure of that. Anyone know the most expensive club outside the Premier league?

The other thing is, why keep leaking/making up these stories. If the club were in a strong position, we would hear nothing until the day the sale was confirmed. A wage bill running at 40/50m with income down 45 odd million makes the 100m tag totally disney as you say. Peaspud may have been close to the truth with his cynicism regarding the writing off - of the Ashley 100m and he may still be trying to tag this on somehow. The other fear I have is that we are running up an overdraft somewhere (Barclays??) and the longer this goes on the less appealing the club becomes, as I'm pretty certain MA isn't putting anymore money in.

I've given up trying to figure out what he's upto, but if he really did want to sell the price ought to be around 50m tops.

You don't make a statement to a two-bit local newspaper if you're trying to drum up interest, you go on Five Live and shout from the roof tops much like KH did before Christmas. The silence from both Fat Fred and Ananda Krishnan (whose bid is being talked up by Malaysian cabinet ministers) is deafening and I think we may see a resolution some time soon.

I think the statement is directed at us.

Though, if you talk to the nationals you sound desperate, but if you just talk to the locals it's more subtle and you know it will still find its way into the main news.

Though, if you talk to the nationals you sound desperate, but if you just talk to the locals it's more subtle and you know it will still find its way into the main news.

This is as well.

One of my mates went to school with the brother of the current King of Malaysia, who is the Sultan of one of the states i believe.

I have text him to ask if he can find some info out.

You're making that up are'nt you ;)

One of my mates went to school with the brother of the current King of Malaysia, who is the Sultan of one of the states i believe.

No.

No.

ok then. Tell me what he say's

No.

ok then. Tell me what he say's

Ok. Might be a bit of a long shot berb.

So far the rumours from the far flungs of the interweb are that FS has bid 60m and gone on holiday and that the Malaysians don't want to bid more than 80m, for me these are much more believable numbers.

'More than 2 bids' :lol:

More than you can imagine bids. :spinwank:

A cornucopia of bids.

A plethora of bidding....

We're inundated with bids.... ;)

you wouldnt belive some of the people that have bid.

Ive had bidders knocking at my door all day long

'More than 2 bids' :lol:

More than you can imagine bids. :spinwank:

A cornucopia of bids.

A plethora of bidding....

We're inundated with bids.... ;)

you wouldnt belive some of the people that have bid.

Ive had bidders knocking at my door all day long

:spinwank:

He's probably sick of listening to voice mails from Lee Ryder asking whether or not he had an update. Throw him a bone!

Lets hope it true, and going to try and be postive otherwise it seems that everyone thinks Ashley will keep the club for evry and we will keep going down and three years be in the blue square. Does every think it end soon or do we think going to go on and on and if so where will we end becaus it does not end then we will have no to support.

Lets hope it true, and going to try and be postive otherwise it seems that everyone thinks Ashley will keep the club for evry and we will keep going down and three years be in the blue square. Does every think it end soon or do we think going to go on and on and if so where will we end becaus it does not end then we will have no to support.

The end. Is was. As always.

The end. Is was. As always.

For every and every. Amun.