2 x bids of £100m confirmed

donaldstott

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still say anyone daft enough to pay £100m (or even £80m) for this club at the moment, isn't someone we should want to own it.

......unless they've got bottomless pockets and don't mind throwing their money about?

[/irrational optimism]

Still say anyone daft enough to pay £100m (or even £80m) for this club at the moment, isn't someone we should want to own it.

......unless they've got bottomless pockets and don't mind throwing their money about?

[/irrational optimism]

Aye, but it'll probably be a couple of Del Boy types (basically less successful Assley's) that have managed to get enough credit together to afford the asking price, but have no scope for further funding. :lol:

That's assuming that the bidders aren't all just made up.

Surely anyone considering buying us must realise meeting the asking price is just the tip of the spending iceberg. We're going to need a decent amount of investment to get back in the premiership and even further spending to keep us there.

Be an insane to buy a football club that clearly needs rebuilding from the ground up and not have the funds to do it... wouldn't it? :lol:

Surely anyone considering buying us must realise meeting the asking price is just the tip of the spending iceberg. We're going to need a decent amount of investment to get back in the premiership and even further spending to keep us there.

Be an insane to buy a football club that clearly needs rebuilding from the ground up and not have the funds to do it... wouldn't it? :razz:

The trouble is whilst it would likely be riding a flaming bomb, covered in nettles with no trousers on to their doom, the possibility of success is enough to attract people like that.

There'd be no billionaires if people weren't prepared to take idiotically stupid risks (and/or bribe people :lol:).... because sometimes they do actually work.

Guest alex

Anyone in his position would take the most money. Although it's the way he suggests he's concerned about vetting the bidders which is frankly a ridiculous notion.

What do people expect to happen when the talkover is complete, i think move forward and get promoted maybe not this yar but next year, cannot see us competting at the high end of the premiership for a good few years

What do people expect to happen when the talkover is complete, i think move forward and get promoted maybe not this yar but next year, cannot see us competting at the high end of the premiership for a good few years

With good owners, there is no reason we can't get straight back. On average you can lose 10 games and still go up.

Guest alex

Sunderland lost about 3 of their first five games or something and pissed the league. All dependent on a quick sale as far as we're concerned though. That said, I'd take stability this season so long as the obese cunt fucks off (and dies preferably).

Guest alex

Actually I've just checked and Sunderland didn't win the league by miles (I was thinking of the time before under McCarthy) but they did win the league and lost 12 games in doing so!

Win one / Lose one is still more points than two draws. I know it's obvious, but draws are seen as an ok result when actually they're really not usually.

Fuckit you know what I'm trying to say. :lol::razz:

But a win and a draw is more points than a win and a loss. And two draws is better off than one loss and no win.

Or something to that effect.

It's that "unbeaten" thing....it's really meaningless if you're only drawing compared to a more "inconsistent" team who win half and lose half.

Put it this way, if we'd have won half our games and lost half, we'd have finished 7th.

Edited by Asprilla

Guest alex

I think you're spot on. RobW said recently that the Championship was all about consistency but as usual that was more down his Reading obsession (they only lost 2 games out of 46) and of course his penchant for talking shite. It's all about winning. If you look at the leagues in recent years teams have lost as many as 11 or 12 and still won the league and you could lose a lot more and get into the play-offs (Crystal Palace lost 15 and got promoted that way). It's all about winning a high enough percentage. Also the unbeaten thing is often overplayed as Joe 'steadying the ship' Kinnear proved with his negative tactics and too many draws.

Win one / Lose one is still more points than two draws. I know it's obvious, but draws are seen as an ok result when actually they're really not usually.

Fuckit you know what I'm trying to say. :lol::razz:

Was good enough to get us relegated. :razz:

Wouldn't have minded one against Fulham though :lol:

One more win (to add to our staggering total of wins last season) and it wouldn't have mattered. :razz:

Guest alex
Wouldn't have minded one against Fulham though :razz:

One more win (to add to our staggering total of wins last season) and it wouldn't have mattered. :razz:

West Brom won more games :lol:

I love these reports, people are getting shown around Newcastle by Llambias, no one knows who they are but they are Malaysian. How does anyone know theyre Malaysian, did they run around in Malaysian flags or summit?

oh and been trolling these forums for a while.

And still the MA defense continues...

Stupeedo on N.O.

"So someone who cornered themselves into a position where they had exhausted all available lines of credit and were forced into realising future cash flows immediately at a much discounted price...over someone who lost their OWN money plugging the holes created by said person.

Don't really think you can call shepherd a financial genius (in relation to Ashley), he had no idea of the world outside of NE1, Ashley has a poor footballing knowledge but at least got us onto a more stable footing." :lol:

And still the MA defense continues...

Stupeedo on N.O.

"So someone who cornered themselves into a position where they had exhausted all available lines of credit and were forced into realising future cash flows immediately at a much discounted price...over someone who lost their OWN money plugging the holes created by said person.

Don't really think you can call shepherd a financial genius (in relation to Ashley), he had no idea of the world outside of NE1, Ashley has a poor footballing knowledge but at least got us onto a more stable footing." :lol:

Link. I need to tell him he's a twat.