2 x bids of £100m confirmed

donaldstott

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SD

"Net debt at the end of the year stood at £430m, which will not trouble the company's banking covenants, and the target is set to get that down below £400m next year, partly by ditching its dividend. A payout of 4.5p per share was made last year -- this year shareholders will have to make do with just the interim payment."

From N.O.

There might be summat happening today...Fingers crossed.

"I never claim to be ITK, and dont normally spread any gossip or speculation, however I just got a text off my best mate who states all operational staff at NUFC have been called in to a meeting today.

How true it is, I dont know, but he works for Newcastle City Council and knows pretty much anyone important at the club."

all operational staff at NUFC have been called in to a meeting today.

To get their P45's, no doubt

:lol:

They're just being brought in as we announce Howard Wilkinson is taking over as manager after his 3-2 win at St James' last night, you heard it here first!

They're just being brought in as we announce Howard Wilkinson is taking over as manager after his 3-2 win at St James' last night, you heard it here first!

I suppose he'd be an improvement on Hughton.

How bad is it that i actually think thats easilly true! The idea of starting the season with Hughton/Calderwood and whatever players are left is something you just can't believe, and yet with this club you kind of can believe it!

:icon_lol:

He could be the new cutting edge. :lol:

My expectation is now so low and my gauge on what MA is likely to do, that I expect the club to go into Administration. However, there is no benefit that I can see for MA to do that. He'd be better off selling and cutting his losses.

That said, I think he doesnt give a fuck about the effect on the club of his actions and it wouldnt surprise me to see us with a squad of 10 players.

It's whether it gets to the point where administration is the least worst option - which the way Assley is running things is becoming ever more likely.

We hear today that Mike Ashley's puppet, Derek Llambias, admits he got it wrong when he said the Toon have "received two offers of over £100m for the club". Allegedly ... he got it wrong.

So if Llambias doesn't know the state of play - and he's got Ashley's hand up his arse as a glove puppet - what IS the truth?

Because rumours coming from London suggest the Newcastle owner is going to wait until the transfer window is closed before selling the club ... leaving the club with ten-to-twelve players who are resigned to leaving ... while replacements will not be found.

We have spoken to Tony Taylor, who is well known in Mike Ashley's financial circles, and he says: "I would not be surprised if Mike holds out until September or October because I think he has taken enough of the flak from the Newcastle fans, and his heart is not in it any more."

Taylor: "I think Mike sees this as 'pay back time'.

"The ball is in his court, he can sell the club to whoever he wishes, at whatever price.

"But I'm sure he has an axe to grind. He was a highly successful business man two years ago, and in the two years since he bought into Newcastle the world has fallen in around his ears.

"He was a highly respected man. Now he is seen as the man who destroyed a Geordie dream, and is without doubt a hated man on Tyneside.

"His business dealings recently have been horrendous, and he is a man on the back foot.

"If he sells Newcastle for £100m, and they get promoted, the value of the club will double - at the very least - and he will look a failure once again.

"Do you think he WANTS Newcastle to get promoted? Personally ... if I was put on the spot ... I'd say I very much doubt it.

"He has pressure from all angles - the players are up in revolt, Alan Shearer wants the job but is getting no indication he will get it, and the fans want to run him out of town.

"He's a hunted man, probably because of his own doing, but he isn't the sort of man to take it on the chin and walk away.

"Ashley has the final say on the future of Newcastle United ... and THAT my dear friend ... is very worrying for Newcastle fans.

"It's not so much 'going down with the ship' ... I wonder if he WANTS to hit that iceburg."

Looks more and more likely... I hope karma comes back on Ashley ten fold.

I don't agree with this 'pay back time' idea, Ashley just wants to maximise the money he will get for the club but appears to be going about it the wrong way.

I hope so, I can't help thinking that there's the feel of truth in the 'Axe to grind' idea though :lol:

I don't agree with this 'pay back time' idea, Ashley just wants to maximise the money he will get for the club but appears to be going about it the wrong way.

I hope so, I can't help thinking that there's the feel of truth in the 'Axe to grind' idea though :lol:

Where's that from btw? I.e. the stuff you quoted over the page?

Not a very trustworthy source but still worth a thought perhaps just on the idea, it was on www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk

Edited by Armchair Penis

Not a very trustworthy source but still worth a thought perhaps just on the idea, it was on www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk

I’m not sure Ashley would stoop that low as it would cost him a fortune to destroy the club any further, but if he does sell-up, I do think he’ll throw a few spanners in the works on his way out of the door.

Although if there are deals for repayments being due on any future promotion then it would make the ‘spanner’ option counter productive.

If he wanted to destroy the hearts of NUFC fans then he’s already succeeded. But whether by design or incompetence, he’s already shown that he’s capable of anything.