2 x bids of £100m confirmed

donaldstott

I said this back in November (not meaining that to be a hahaha looks like I was right) but if you were Ashley, ex billionaire, multi business empire genius. Would you want to sell the club to someone who is likely to promote us first time and show how it should be done? or would you prefer to flog us off to someone who has little chance of it and sit back waiting for the inevitable "Ashley wasnt as bad as this lot" comments?

To put it into perspective, imagine you're 13 again* and you've spent the last two hours trying to do keep ups, only managing 20 or so while all the local girls are watching, then two kids come along and want to buy your ball so they can have a go. Do you sell it to the athletic kid who you know can do 50 on his head before balancing the ball on the back of the neck or to the crosseyed kid wearing the knee brace and built up shoe?

*if you're reading this from N-O then just imagine it was last week :lol:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this back in November (not meaining that to be a hahaha looks like I was right) but if you were Ashley, ex billionaire, multi business empire genius. Would you want to sell the club to someone who is likely to promote us first time and show how it should be done? or would you prefer to flog us off to someone who has little chance of it and sit back waiting for the inevitable "Ashley wasnt as bad as this lot" comments?

To put it into perspective, imagine you're 13 again* and you've spent the last two hours trying to do keep ups, only managing 20 or so while all the local girls are watching, then two kids come along and want to buy your ball so they can have a go. Do you sell it to the athletic kid who you know can do 50 on his head before balancing the ball on the back of the neck or to the crosseyed kid wearing the knee brace and built up shoe?

*if you're reading this from N-O then just imagine it was last week :lol:

It's an interesting point mate, but money is a factor for this bloke. If Athletico was offering twice what Spazzo was I may be inclined to take the shame. But, I'm not cuntyface.

It's an interesting point mate, but money is a factor for this bloke. If Athletico was offering twice what Spazzo was I may be inclined to take the shame. But, I'm not cuntyface.

I honestly believe that if theres ten even 20m difference then he'll be willing to lose the cash, the loss of face in the business world would probably hit him harder.

Yes, you may well be right. :lol:

So we need a buyer who looks like they will make a huge arse of it, but in secret is awesome. Hmmmmm.

Whichever way you look at this we are several years behind where we were a few seasons ago. Maybe a decade.

Incidentally, has there ever been a summer for Newcastle with no new signings at all?

Edited by trophyshy

Yes, you may well be right. :icon_lol:

So we need a buyer who looks like they will make a huge arse of it, but in secret is awesome. Hmmmmm.

Whichever way you look at this we are several years behind where we were a few seasons ago. Maybe a decade.

Incidentally, has there ever been a summer for Newcastle with no new signings at all?

Al Fayed at Fulham. :lol:

Yes, you may well be right. :icon_lol:

Al Fayed at Fulham. :lol:

I was going to say Shepherd... but then I remembered he'd look like he'd make an arse of it and probably would. It's a thin line but I'd still take him of Ashley though.

Edited by Armchair Penis

Profitable Group have withdrawn their interest in buying Newcastle United.

The Singapore-based group had been one of the leading candidates to take over at St James' Park.

But Sky Sports News understands that the group were unable to provide proof of funding of £100million needed to purchase the club.

The group, whose commercial director is former England international Steve McMahon, had stated its intention to bid for the club and to appoint Alan Shearer as manager.

But now the bid has fallen by the wayside, meaning a takeover before the start of the new season looks increasingly unlikely for the beleaguered North East giants

:lol:

But now the bid has fallen by the wayside, meaning a takeover before the start of the new season looks increasingly unlikely for the beleaguered North East giants.

Sky know :lol:

I'm not being a twat, and yes, I know this is a Newcastle message board, but are people not just bored of talking about this? I think we know by now that listening to the idiots that are claiming to make serious bids, listening to the idiots that are in charge of the club, listening to the idiots in the media, and listening to the idiot ITKs on message boards is all a waste of time. It's just a waiting game now. Theories about what Ashley is planning to do to the club are just that. I just think there's a lot of energy and a lot of heartache being expended trying to work out what's going to happen.

Let's talk about our favourite female Neighbours characters of the 80s and 90s instead.

I'll get things started with Bronwyn.

bronwyn_12feb08_rex_170.jpg

I'm not being a twat, and yes, I know this is a Newcastle message board, but are people not just bored of talking about this? I think we know by now that listening to the idiots that are claiming to make serious bids, listening to the idiots that are in charge of the club, listening to the idiots in the media, and listening to the idiot ITKs on message boards is all a waste of time. It's just a waiting game now. Theories about what Ashley is planning to do to the club are just that. I just think there's a lot of energy and a lot of heartache being expended trying to work out what's going to happen.

Let's talk about our favourite female Neighbours characters of the 80s and 90s instead.

Yes. There have been times when I have wanted to do myself in. It's becoming so bloody tedious reading about the awful state this club is in, especially when very little of note has been said over the past few weeks. It does seem to descend into a "I think we're more fucked than you think" contest at times :lol:

helen-2.jpg

Helen Daniels

Bronwyn was hot.

anyway, these boards are to chat about all that rubbish. sure we're bored of it, and yes we want some news & are waiting, but talking about it, and theorizing what may happen keeps us going until the new season starts.

its not like there's any transfer speculation to keep us going.