"A very big story is set to rock English football"

Ketsbaia

Aye, blind I am being.

I really don't have a clue then!

EDIT: Celtic and Rangers to join top flight?

Edited by Revolver

I have had a google and apparently it's in regards to match fixing, mentioning a very quick goal and 4 year bans for the players involved.

I have had a google and apparently it's in regards to match fixing, mentioning a very quick goal and 4 year bans for the players involved.

;)

Presumably match fixing by the players would constitute gross misconduct and could lead to annulment of contracts. Maybe the club could also sue the player for compensation? Ashley will be praying this 'event' involved Joey Barton!

The mackems think it's moving in another direction...

Can only tell you what I've heard of my reletive at the FA. The premier league is about to split into two groups of 18 teams.

Rumour (or fact for that matter) is that Celtic and Rangers will be invited into L2

All teams will be invited into either Prem League 1 or 2. It might mean some clubs will be invited in to League 1 on status over Premiership years or to put it another way a Club like NUFC will be invited into L1. Leeds into L2. All seems motivated by the ability to raise ££££££.

Provisionally there will be a stand off as some Clubs outside the Prem hand in their notice to resign and move under the Premiership banner as opposed to the FA's. I was told it may take upto 3 years to implement unless the FA allow Clubs to resign unopposed.

Isn't it obvious:

Barclays Premier League to expand to 42 teams by including teams currently in the Coca-Cola Football League Championship.

The entire English football league system was rocked by the news announced by Sir Dave Richards that the Premier League would expand to 42 teams by incorporating those currently in the Championship.

The expansion of the Premiership was just the most prominent of a series of changes that also include:

* a handicapping of the 'big four' teams so as to even out the playing field--Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United each have to shoot three of their top-flight players

* chairmanship of clubs to be decided by popular vote drawn from fans of each club

Edited by dbsweeney

Isn't it obvious:

Barclays Premier League to expand to 42 teams by including teams currently in the Coca-Cola Football League Championship.

The entire English football league system was rocked by the news announced by Sir Dave Richards that the Premier League would expand to 42 teams by incorporating those currently in the Championship.

The expansion of the Premiership was just the most prominent of a series of changes that also include:

* a handicapping of the 'big four' teams so as to even out the playing field--Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United each have to shoot three of their top-flight players

* chairmanship of clubs to be decided by popular vote drawn from fans of each club

That's Mike the cunt and fat Freddy fucked then ;)

Edited by sammynb

I feel decidely un-rocked at present, so, therefore, could welcome a bit of rocking. I might be a tad upset if the rocking doesn't concern NUFC, as that will be a hard pill to swallow, what with NUFC being the main target these days.