diet

tommo

well lets get straight to the point here, am a bit of a chunky fucker.

anyone ever went on a diet and stuck to it and actually lost the weight they wanted to loose and kept it off ?

any tips ?

thanks.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's boring but honestly the commons sense stuff is the only thing I'd put any faith in.

cut down the crap in your diet, increase the exercise you do. You won't do it by exercising alone and you certainly won't do it by changing your diet.

The first thing I did was to stop getting any takeaways. Switching from normal to lite mayo. Just do half an hour exercise a night and you'll see the wight come off soon enough.

one idea is to contract the Noro-Virus or some form of acute gastroenteritis (sp?) :lol:

Do you exercise much Tommo?

erm well go running say 3-4 times a week for about half an hour but only being doing that for about 2 weeks.

did play football last season but thinking of jacking it in as i haven't the desire anymore.

i'm 16 btw

erm well go running say 3-4 times a week for about half an hour but only being doing that for about 2 weeks.

did play football last season but thinking of jacking it in as i haven't the desire anymore.

i'm 16 btw

What do you eat in an average day?

breakfast - random fruit and either eggs, cereal or toast with a cuppa

lunch - sandwich, crisps, bit of fruit, biscuit and a drink

tea - whatever mam makes, but she's very healthy so normally something like a stir-fry.

snacks - normally just shite really, think this is where the problem lies, stuff like crisps biscuits and cheese.

Guest alex

i'm 16 btw

Well that's a good start. I think it's helpful if you can also fit a bit of exercise into your daily routine - i.e. could you walk/bicycle to work/school/college? Maybe do a few sit-ups and press-ups whilst watching the telly of an evening. That sort of thing. Also, if you didn't enjoy eleven-a-side, what about a bit of five-a-side? As that's a bit more fun/casual. I think it helps to mix it up a bit i.e. maybe doing different cardio work in the gym (if you're a member of one) i.e. the cross-trainer and exercise bike instead of running all the time. Also running or walking fast uphill will burn a lot more calories than just running on the flat. Diet's another thing. I couldn't cut out all the stuff I like but maybe you could try having a healthy lunch like fruit or whatever. I think it requires lots of small things rather than massive lifestyle changes that you probably won't keep up anyway. Do something about it now though because it just gets harder when you get older.

breakfast - random fruit and either eggs, cereal or toast with a cuppa

lunch - sandwich, crisps, bit of fruit, biscuit and a drink

tea - whatever mam makes, but she's very healthy so normally something like a stir-fry.

snacks - normally just shite really, think this is where the problem lies, stuff like crisps biscuits and cheese.

Try to keep to three square, sounds like it's the snacking that's doing it.

To be honest at 16, you're body's not done growing (God that's a creepy P.E. Teacher phrase if ever I heard it) you might find that you get a growth spurt and no longer feel like you're overweight.

To be honest at 16, you're body's not done growing (God that's a creepy P.E. Teacher phrase if ever I heard it) you might find that you get a growth spurt and no longer feel like you're overweight.

well i'm 5"11 and weigh 13 stone and a half

Aye, but are you broad or do you have a gut?

Guest alex

I wouldn't get too hung up on what you weigh and I'd kick the weight watchers idea into touch straight away as well. It's the fucking last place a 16 year old wants to be going. It's more important what you look like / how healthy you feel etc. I think you know whether or not you're fat / out of shape and you could get into shape and weigh the same amount due to muscle mass increasing.

a/s/l?

:lol:

bit of both, i'm not huge just a bit chubby, probably would need to lose a couple of stone i believe

bit of both, i'm not huge just a bit chubby, probably would need to lose a couple of stone i believe

Nah mate, you'll be fine. Cut down on the snacking, or even switch to an apple instead of a mars bar.

At sixteen you're body hasn't settled down. Hell I was about 6' and just about 9 stone, fast forward three years and I've totally changed body shape, three years after that I'm quite overweight, three years on from that and I've changed again. I'd say I was my normal build now, but that it completely different to what I was at 16

breakfast - random fruit and either eggs, cereal or toast with a cuppa (if sugary)

lunch - sandwich, crisps, bit of fruit, biscuit and a drink (if sugary)

:razz::lol:304.gif = tsg_smiley_muscle.gif

At sixteen you're body hasn't settled down. Hell I was about 6' and just about 9 stone, fast forward three years and I've totally changed body shape, three years after that I'm quite overweight, three years on from that and I've changed again. I'd say I was my normal build now, but that it completely different to what I was at 16

5' and 16st? :lol:

5' and 16st? :lol:

Less garden rake shaped.

Guest alex
breakfast - random fruit and either eggs, cereal or toast with a cuppa (if sugary)

lunch - sandwich, crisps, bit of fruit, biscuit and a drink (if sugary)

:razz::lol:304.gif = tsg_smiley_muscle.gif

You don't need to go daft. A spoonful of sugar in a cup of tea for example is fuck all. A can of coke however has about 7 or 8 times more calories. Also I think you need to treat yourself a bit if you like your food otherwise you'll never maintain it.

Guest alex
Spicy food helps you lose weight, look at all the skinny Indians and stuff :razz:

Fuck off man. What do you think ghee is? :lol: