Shearer set to quit

Amir

Quoted from The Sun (Shit)

The furious Toon idol has no firm idea who is involved in the bidding to take over the relegated Magpies and feels isolated by owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias.

The Sun can also reveal:

Shearer has held secret talks with the BBC about returning to Match of the Day.

He is sickened at the way Joey Barton has been allowed back at the club.

He feels it is already too late to rebuild the side with the new season just four weeks away.

Shearer was hailed as the messiah when he accepted Ashley's challenge to try to keep Newcastle in the Premier League with only eight games to go.

But his mission failed and he finds himself playing golf while Ashley tries to find a new owner.

Shearer, who fell out with Barton after the midfielder was sent off at Liverpool, has not been seen at the club this summer as Chris Hughton has taken charge of pre-season training.

A close pal of Shearer's said: "Communication would appear not to be Ashley's strength.

"He and Llambias have kept Alan guessing but time is running out if he is to return and install his plans for a promotion charge.

"The Toon fans look upon him as 'The Messiah'. But he can hardly work a miracle when he's being frozen out by Ashley.

"And he feels betrayed at the way Joey Barton has been allowed to return to training. That's a real kick in the teeth for Alan."

Malaysian businessman Ananda Krishnan yesterday became the latest person to deny reports he is interested in purchasing the club for a knockdown £100m.

But the Singapore-based Profitable Group confirmed they have tabled a bid.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...80/Sheario.html

Edited by Amir

Quoted from The Sun (Shit)

The furious Toon idol has no firm idea who is involved in the bidding to take over the relegated Magpies and feels isolated by owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias.

The Sun can also reveal:

Shearer has held secret talks with the BBC about returning to Match of the Day.

He is sickened at the way Joey Barton has been allowed back at the club.

He feels it is already too late to rebuild the side with the new season just four weeks away.

Shearer was hailed as the messiah when he accepted Ashley's challenge to try to keep Newcastle in the Premier League with only eight games to go.

But his mission failed and he finds himself playing golf while Ashley tries to find a new owner.

Shearer, who fell out with Barton after the midfielder was sent off at Liverpool, has not been seen at the club this summer as Chris Hughton has taken charge of pre-season training.

A close pal of Shearer's said: "Communication would appear not to be Ashley's strength.

"He and Llambias have kept Alan guessing but time is running out if he is to return and install his plans for a promotion charge.

"The Toon fans look upon him as 'The Messiah'. But he can hardly work a miracle when he's being frozen out by Ashley.

"And he feels betrayed at the way Joey Barton has been allowed to return to training. That's a real kick in the teeth for Alan."

Malaysian businessman Ananda Krishnan yesterday became the latest person to deny reports he is interested in purchasing the club for a knockdown £100m.

But the Singapore-based Profitable Group confirmed they have tabled a bid.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...80/Sheario.html

:unsure:

I doubt the validity of the story and I know this wont be too popular but good.

We're at a tipping point now where we know we're going to lose certain players and if a takeover doesn't happen quickly we're going to be unable to replace them. I personally don't want an unproven manager coming into this job and swinging aimlessly because it could turn out to be a fucking disaster. If we're going to continue to dick around then I want someone with proven Championship level credentials (Not JFK) to do the job, someone like Coppell.

We're at a tipping point now where we know we're going to lose certain players and if a takeover doesn't happen quickly we're going to be unable to replace them. I personally don't want an unproven manager coming into this job and swinging aimlessly because it could turn out to be a fucking disaster. If we're going to continue to dick around then I want someone with proven Championship level credentials (Not JFK) to do the job, someone like Coppell.

Strachan for me, if he doesn't go to Southampton....Shearer only makes real sense if Ashley can't sell the club.

Strachan for me, if he doesn't go to Southampton....Shearer only makes real sense if Ashley can't sell the club.

Strachan plays the most dire football imaginable. He managed to alienate himself from the fans at Celtic with his bewildering tactics and player choices. Also he is an absolute bellend to match!

More 'messiah' bollocks from the red tops, I notice. Regarding the story, I'd hardly blame Shearer if he did go back to the sofa. Any chance of a decent start to the season has been well and truly depth-charged by our fat moron of an owner. No transfers in or out, bar the free agents. I think Brian Clough would struggle dealt this hand, let alone a newbie manager.

Don't think it matters what credentials they've got (within reason, obviously) if the current regime is still in place.