TOON’S £10M TAYLOR SET TO REPLACE TERRY

Christmas Tree

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His first ever game was at RB and hes probably played almost as many games there as he has at CB. Quick U-turn about him playing well btw.

Unfortunately my £6k downpayment on my house stopped me from buying a season ticket for the first 10 games last season, I had to buy them individually instead.

Eh? I have said on here that towards the end of last season he played well. You can trawl through my posts for that, I have never once said he never. His first ever game was at RB aye as was when he first came into the team. It's still not his natural position though.

I take it you were at the bar for all his headed clearances and last man tackles at CB then?

Nop. I was watching Bassong show how a young centre half should be playing. Who also btw got rid of the myth that Taylor has had all of these years, he's young, inexperienced blah blah blah. Which was quite funny giving when people said this about Taylor he had played over a 100 games for the first team. But when people got questioned on that it wasn't his fault, it was the players beside him that made him look poor.

The same Bassong who has a habit of getting caught out of position and getting red carded to make amends as last man? Hes the same age as Taylor too isnt he?

With less experience in this league and last season played better than Taylor ever has throughout his whole career with us. And a habit btw?

Guest Stevie
Oh and Aguero is about as far from shite as you can get

I watched him a lot last season, and I've seen a lot of players like him before. The media hype at his age in him is almost suffocating and you think what? Then they get to 27 and they're playing for West Brom/Malaga/Cagliari type clubs. He's got a good touch, decent vision, but a lot of games I've seen him in he's been utterly anonymous. He seems timid too. A lot games I've seen him he's been more of a striker than a "support striker" as someone asserted, even so 1 goal in 3 throughout his career isn't shite, and some might say good for his age, but he's achieved nothing in football yet.

He's in the worst Argentina team of the last 30 years, and despite the fact his fatha in law is the manager he doesn't start every game, so anyway, calling him shite might've been a bit harsh, but he'll never be more than a very poormans Bebeto in my view. In England Nick Barmby never fulfilled his early promise, neither did Paul Stewart, overseas I remember people wanking themselves into a frenzy over people like Denilson, Thomas Brolin, I remember someone in football describing Cedric Roussel as the Belgian Pele.

The thing is most of you like I say basically, well I might as well say it, haven't got a fuckin clue. Anyone decent from Argentina who is young "the new Maradona" thrown at them straight away. D'Allessandro had it (fuckin highlight of his European career on loan at Portsmouth), Ariel Ortega (only a success in Europe's 12th best league), Aimar (stuck in Europe's 8th best league), the last two were better players than this overrated kid will ever be as well. Messi is the only one who can even be mentioned in the same breath as Maradona.

Still he's young enough to prove me wrong, but it's interesting looking at the people in this thread and who is influenced by the media and who isn't, as I say I'm sure I've seen him as much as most. Atletico would miss Forlan far more than him, and it would be a bad signing for Man Utd.

I watched him a lot last season, and I've seen a lot of players like him before. The media hype at his age in him is almost suffocating and you think what? Then they get to 27 and they're playing for West Brom/Malaga/Cagliari type clubs. He's got a good touch, decent vision, but a lot of games I've seen him in he's been utterly anonymous. He seems timid too. A lot games I've seen him he's been more of a striker than a "support striker" as someone asserted, even so 1 goal in 3 throughout his career isn't shite, and some might say good for his age, but he's achieved nothing in football yet.

He's in the worst Argentina team of the last 30 years, and despite the fact his fatha in law is the manager he doesn't start every game, so anyway, calling him shite might've been a bit harsh, but he'll never be more than a very poormans Bebeto in my view. In England Nick Barmby never fulfilled his early promise, neither did Paul Stewart, overseas I remember people wanking themselves into a frenzy over people like Denilson, Thomas Brolin, I remember someone in football describing Cedric Roussel as the Belgian Pele.

The thing is most of you like I say basically, well I might as well say it, haven't got a fuckin clue. Anyone decent from Argentina who is young "the new Maradona" thrown at them straight away. D'Allessandro had it (fuckin highlight of his European career on loan at Portsmouth), Ariel Ortega (only a success in Europe's 12th best league), Aimar (stuck in Europe's 8th best league), the last two were better players than this overrated kid will ever be as well. Messi is the only one who can even be mentioned in the same breath as Maradona.

Still he's young enough to prove me wrong, but it's interesting looking at the people in this thread and who is influenced by the media and who isn't, as I say I'm sure I've seen him as much as most. Atletico would miss Forlan far more than him, and it would be a bad signing for Man Utd.

Aimar has been in 2 La Liga-winning teams...

Guest Stevie

Aimar has been in 2 La Liga-winning teams...

and? I haven't pulled Aimar to pieces.

The same Bassong who has a habit of getting caught out of position and getting red carded to make amends as last man? Hes the same age as Taylor too isnt he?

The same Bassong who is a far better player :unsure:

John Terrys mother will have a fuckin field day in the Trafford Centre.

She likes her jewellery, so I'm told.

Terry's All Gold.

I'll get me coat.

:unsure::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I cant believe I did actually LOL at that one Hips :icon_lol:

Stevie, smashing post mate.

Apparently Terry is actually talking to city.

If true football is dead. :unsure:

I reckon without sounding pessimistic it's possible (no I haven't been doing drugs) we are coming to the end of everything, and the sad thing is if that's the case we never got to see us winning a trophy. Everything is bad in the world at the moment, 15 years ago everything seemed better, and a lot of the ills of the world are seeping in to football. When you're talking about £40m for an unproven Argentinian who I thinks shite anyway (Aguerro) you know it's fucked up. The only way football will get better is if wage caps and budget caps are implemented, otherwise football is dead officially. The whole point of football is competition. Between 1950 and 1980 there was nearly 20 different champions of English football, 1980-2009 there's been SEVEN, I don't mind when clubs win it like Liverpool did in the 70's, but when the whole thing is driven by greed at the very top of UEFA and FIFA you just think what's the point. The Champions League shouldn't even exist in my view.

A bit OTT at the start there :icon_lol: but I agree with the football side of things. Sad when a club can have a big fan base etc. but only has a reasonable chance of competing if a mega rich Arab or whatever buys them out.

I reckon without sounding pessimistic it's possible (no I haven't been doing drugs) we are coming to the end of everything, and the sad thing is if that's the case we never got to see us winning a trophy. Everything is bad in the world at the moment, 15 years ago everything seemed better, and a lot of the ills of the world are seeping in to football. When you're talking about £40m for an unproven Argentinian who I thinks shite anyway (Aguerro) you know it's fucked up. The only way football will get better is if wage caps and budget caps are implemented, otherwise football is dead officially. The whole point of football is competition. Between 1950 and 1980 there was nearly 20 different champions of English football, 1980-2009 there's been SEVEN, I don't mind when clubs win it like Liverpool did in the 70's, but when the whole thing is driven by greed at the very top of UEFA and FIFA you just think what's the point. The Champions League shouldn't even exist in my view.

Agree totally. Everything that i loved about going to games over the last 30 year is slowly but surely being taken away. This money situation is fucking ridiculous, the world is in a recession then Real Madrid pay 80 million for one player who then claims he's worth every penny, BOLLOCKS. I still go games and watch and read all the news but i think it's the moth to a flame syndrome. I follow because i always have done and always will do but the love of the game of football for me is slowly dying. Money is killing the game and sooner or later it will all come crashing down

The same Bassong who is a far better player :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Early days still. Half this board had Faye and Cacapa down as the next Maldini. Hes had a good season but theres a long way for him to go, he can get caught out of position as his 2 red cards showed and he was the worst man on the pitch at Sunderland earlier in the season. And as for Johnnys remark about not having as much experience as Taylor, he played 78 games for Metz! Hes hardly straight out of the academy. In fact theres about 5 career first team games between them so it a pretty pertinent comparison to make.

I wouldnt blame taylor for leaving if he reads some of the rubbish on here. He was one of a handful that actually gave a shit last season, he had his best season in a black and white shirt, hes only going to get better yet hes a cunt cos he points his finger or kisses his badge :unsure:

I think some people are so desperate to be proved right they would rather it was at the expense of the team. Shearer explicitly said he wants to keep him as he feels hes part of a really good back 4

:icon_lol: Early days still. Half this board had Faye and Cacapa down as the next Maldini. Hes had a good season but theres a long way for him to go, he can get caught out of position as his 2 red cards showed and he was the worst man on the pitch at Sunderland earlier in the season. And as for Johnnys remark about not having as much experience as Taylor, he played 78 games for Metz! Hes hardly straight out of the academy. In fact theres about 5 career first team games between them so it a pretty pertinent comparison to make.

I wouldnt blame taylor for leaving if he reads some of the rubbish on here. He was one of a handful that actually gave a shit last season, he had his best season in a black and white shirt, hes only going to get better yet hes a cunt cos he points his finger or kisses his badge :unsure:

I think some people are so desperate to be proved right they would rather it was at the expense of the team. Shearer explicitly said he wants to keep him as he feels hes part of a really good back 4

He's better at everything than Taylor irrespective of experience though. That's because Bassong is going to be class whereas Taylor just doesn't have the talent to match up. IMO, obviously.

Agree totally. Everything that i loved about going to games over the last 30 year is slowly but surely being taken away. This money situation is fucking ridiculous, the world is in a recession then Real Madrid pay 80 million for one player who then claims he's worth every penny, BOLLOCKS. I still go games and watch and read all the news but i think it's the moth to a flame syndrome. I follow because i always have done and always will do but the love of the game of football for me is slowly dying. Money is killing the game and sooner or later it will all come crashing down

Inter Milan's Swedish international striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has claimed Chelsea want to sign him.

Ibrahimovic, whose Inter coach Jose Mourinho used to be in charge at Stamford Bridge, has revealed that money will not be the main motivating factor in any move after being linked with a £60million switch to the Barclays Premier League.

Blues are Inter me: Ibrahimovic couled move to England with Chelsea 'keen' on a £60m bid

'I am fully aware that Chelsea want to sign me and, of course, it is very flattering.

'They are one of the biggest teams in Europe and the Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world,' he told the News of the World.

'Money is not the most important thing, I will base my decision on what's good for me, what suits me.'

The funny thing is he probably thinks this portrays him as some sort of morally upstanding bloke.

Not sure what the Inter fans feel about his views like. He doesnt seem to give a flying fuck about the team thats been paying his wages, as long as hes sorted hel fuck them over in a heartbeat.

Now theres a player who is overrated!

He's better than Taylor at everything irrespective of experience though. That's because Bassong is going to be class whereas Taylor just doesn't have the talent to match up. IMO, obviously.

:icon_lol:

Guest Stevie
Except pointing.

And breathing heavily

..and hanging about on the pitch 5 minutes after the game to clap the fans after most people have already fucked off.