Mackems BANNED from Amsterdam

Guest Stevie

Re: being in the papers.

It's not something I'm pleased about, I'd much rather we were on the back pages for the right reasons. Playing great football, signing great players, winning things. I raise it because it's proof we're a big club. Middlesbrough haven't been mentioned, Southampton are going through a nightmare take over, Pompey aren't stable either. These clubs are of note and yet aren't making noise. I raise it in response to fans saying that we don't matter. Rightly or wrongly, we clearly do.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: being in the papers.

It's not something I'm pleased about, I'd much rather we were on the back pages for the right reasons. Playing great football, signing great players, winning things. I raise it because it's proof we're a big club. Middlesbrough haven't been mentioned, Southampton are going through a nightmare take over, Pompey aren't stable either. These clubs are of note and yet aren't making noise. I raise it in response to fans saying that we don't matter. Rightly or wrongly, we clearly do.

That's a fair point, I would class Newcastle as a bigger club than all of those clubs you mentioned and it's a big thing at the moment. A lot of information is an over reaction by the media and they love to make a mountain over a molehill but when it's affecting as many people as it is it's going to sell papers. It's what most people want to read about when they turn to the back page.

It's just a shame it's happened to a North East club, as we are always going to be in the shadow of those dirty southerners lol.

I suppose to an extent common sense has prevailed, it's just a shame they had to cancel the friendly as now we need to organise another one in next to no time.

Guest TheNewinsider
I'm not saying we're without reproach, but they're chatting like they're about to mount an assault on the title, where in reality they've as much chance of making a dint in the Premiership status quo this year, as we do.

What's your source for that?

we will finish 9th at the very highest, we've finished 15th and 16th, and there's still a few years building ahead of us before we even think about challenging for europe really. I don't think we're as optimistic as you're making us out to be!

I'm not saying we're without reproach, but they're chatting like they're about to mount an assault on the title, where in reality they've as much chance of making a dint in the Premiership status quo this year, as we do.

we will finish 9th at the very highest, we've finished 15th and 16th, and there's still a few years building ahead of us before we even think about challenging for europe really. I don't think we're as optimistic as you're making us out to be!

and we're not as arrogant and deluded as you suggest, but let's not have realistic representation get in the way of me stating loud and clear that your World Cup bid is ridiculous and you stating that you're a Premiership club and we're on the skids..

They gauge their success on where we finish these days.

So no matter what happens they will probably have a good season :icon_lol:

I suppose we could do the ready to go trick and just make things up ''A mag mate of mine who is fat and drinks brown ale and thinks that sheeera is the messiah said to me yesterday that they are going to win the fa cup, league cup and world cup because they are a massive club, have the best fans and deserve it lol!1 how deluded are the mags!1''

I suppose we could do the ready to go trick and just make things up ''A mag mate of mine who is fat and drinks brown ale and thinks that sheeera is the messiah said to me yesterday that they are going to win the fa cup, league cup and world cup because they are a massive club, have the best fans and deserve it lol!1 how deluded are the mags!1''

:icon_lol: Theres no "suppose" about mate you already do,always remember!

Sunderland = English champions six times

Newcastle = English champions four times.... :icon_lol: and we live in your shadow?? :icon_lol:

Newcastle = English champions four times.... <_< and we live in your shadow?? :icon_lol:

Seriously lets not start :icon_lol:

Newcastle = English champions four times.... <_< and we live in your shadow?? :icon_lol:

Seriously lets not start <_<

:icon_lol:

Guest TheNewinsider

and we're not as arrogant and deluded as you suggest, but let's not have realistic representation get in the way of me stating loud and clear that your World Cup bid is ridiculous and you stating that you're a Premiership club and we're on the skids..

Aside from us using pictures from around the region, why should it be?

Without being arrogant in saying this, the stadium of light is the 5th biggest football stadium in England with a quality interior and design. Whilst I am not doubting SJP in saying this, the SoL is one of the better stadiums in england and actually outclasses a great deal of grounds aside from Old trafford, Eastlands, Emirates, Wembley, and SJP (in size only, I'd say in terms of design and facilities it's not as good).

I think the stadium of Light is certainly in with a shout if we get the world cup and I can't see the likes of Pride Park, Elland Road, Ashton Gate, Stadium MK, and Hillsbrough getting in ahead of it. Hence I think Sunderland is a reasonable area for a bid because of the Stadium and Academy of light, but at the same time SJP and Newcastle is clearly good enough for a bid and I don't think there would be anything stopping on both areas getting a place in the world cup. Both would be highly ideal as the city of Newcastle upon tyne is superior to sunderland in terms of transport infastructure and accomodation, but it would also be more ideal if both stadiums hosted teams of the same group meaning some of the fans could stay in the same place for certain matches.

Yes there was the pictures issue thing, but what numpty was behind that I will never know. No real reason why both venues can't be considered :icon_lol:

Without being arrogant in saying this, the stadium of light is the 5th biggest football stadium in England with a quality interior and design. Whilst I am not doubting SJP in saying this, the SoL is one of the better stadiums in england and actually outclasses a great deal of grounds aside from Old trafford, Eastlands, Emirates, Wembley, and SJP (in size only, I'd say in terms of design and facilities it's not as good).

I think the stadium of Light is certainly in with a shout if we get the world cup and I can't see the likes of Pride Park, Elland Road, Ashton Gate, Stadium MK, and Hillsbrough getting in ahead of it. Hence I think Sunderland is a reasonable area for a bid because of the Stadium and Academy of light, but at the same time SJP and Newcastle is clearly good enough for a bid and I don't think there would be anything stopping on both areas getting a place in the world cup. Both would be highly ideal as the city of Newcastle upon tyne is superior to sunderland in terms of transport infastructure and accomodation, but it would also be more ideal if both stadiums hosted teams of the same group meaning some of the fans could stay in the same place for certain matches.

Yes there was the pictures issue thing, but what numpty was behind that I will never know. No real reason why both venues can't be considered :icon_lol:

My issue is that sunderland hasn't enough to make an individual bid, hence dredging photos of Bamburgh, Newcastle/Gateshead and the like. So why call it the sunderland bid?

In my eyes they had two options, try and launch a North East Bid and cal it the North East bid, or launch a sunderland bid and celebrate whatever you can for sunderland.

The stadium is fine, it's a big stadium and the fans are loud. But that's not enough for a bid.

We've a bigger stadium, better transport, better sights etc. etc. etc. That's why in your own bid you've use OUR sights.

Like I said call it the North East bid and you'd have to include ourselves, do that and you'd find we dominate the bid because of our city's amenities, history and culture.

I don't think it's likely that both sunderland and Newcastle would win a place at the table. It's likely that the venues will be London centric, with Old Trafford and Eastlands, Anfield, Villa Park etc stamping their mark too.

If the Stadium of Light was in Gateshead, then sure we could both host games, but there's sufficient distance between the areas to be prohibitive.

I honestly think it's an either-or decision. Given that, I think it's cheeky to make a sunderland bid by advertising the North East.

Guest Stevie

You complete wank. :icon_lol: The interior of the Milburn Stand alone, is the best club stand in English football, bar none, that's not deluded it's a fact. I don't see delegations of Juventus directors going anywhere else to model their stadium on. The Milburn Stand in particular isn't so much a five star hotel quality as a six star hotel quality, it is completely incomparable to 99% of stadiums in Britain. I haven't seen the interior of the Emirates, but only Wembley betters the interior that I've seen.

On to the subject of the stadium of light, your bars are named after players, the posters beside the bars are held up with big DRAWING FUCKING PINS. YOU STUPID MACKEM BASTARD :icon_lol: Your entire stadium cost £22m to build, the Milburn and Leazes cost £125m alone. As FFS said here ""Come August we will have one of the best stadiums in Europe. We enjoyed our visit to the Stadium of Light, but where St James s Park will always be a Rolls Royce, Sunderland s will always be a Mini."....he is 100% correct. The fucking Stadium of Light ahahahahahah I think there's more quality about Boro's ground and that is the biggest insult I can bestow.

Edited by Stevie

.... your bars are named after players, ...

:icon_lol: Stevie, what about Shearers? :icon_lol:

Guest Stevie

I wasn't saying it as a criticism of them having bars named after players. You have to see these bars to believe it. They have the Charlie Hurley bar in their East Stand I think it is, a 20 foot poster of Charlie Hurley held up with cardboard and DRAWING PINS, and this fucking idiot is comparing the SOS to SJP. SJP is the epitome of how a modern ground should look, internally and externally. There might be a lot of shite things about this club presently, but the stadium is definitely not one of them. Even when you see the interior of their boardroom at the SOS, it looks like a poormans Eldon Leisure Centre Bar.

Edited by Stevie

Guest TheNewinsider

I wasn't saying it as a criticism of them having bars named after players. You have to see these bars to believe it. They have the Charlie Hurley bar in their East Stand I think it is, a 20 foot poster of Charlie Hurley held up with cardboard and DRAWING PINS, and this fucking idiot is comparing the SOS to SJP. SJP is the epitome of how a modern ground should look, internally and externally. There might be a lot of shite things about this club presently, but the stadium is definitely not one of them. Even when you see the interior of their boardroom at the SOS, it looks like a poormans Eldon Leisure Centre Bar.

You deluded fucking moron,

If you think St James' Park is how a modern ground should look, then I dread to think what football in england would be like if they all followed that bizzare design. SJP looks like a scrapheap of corragated iron which looks dramatically out of shape, due to the stands not even being near parralel in terms of height to each other, one stand being ridiclously high with 100,000,000,000,000 steps to the top. The gray like uncoordinated colour coding of the stadium also makes it incredibly ugly. What you said makes no sense whatsoever. I tried my best to praise your ground and only recieved insults for it, sums you up really.

and at least of course, we don't have a massive "Sports direct.com" sign fitted onto the top of one of our stands! and at least our club actually own the stadia at the same time!

insider, you're missing my point. The only thing your bid has going for it, is the capacity of the ground. SOL itself is as vanilla a stadium as you're likely to find. St James' has history and scale, it's a tanigble connection between the old and the new.

and trust me when I say that Sports Direct sign won't be up there long.

the "sunderland" bid is empty, and if they see your stadium and think ... maybe, they'll soon have their minds turned to the embarrassing display of the "fans" who brought the city, the region and the country to feel ashamed.

Your "sunderland bid" is ridiculous simply because the sole thing you have going for you (your stadiums capacity) is shrouded with the shadow of racism and violence.