Mackems BANNED from Amsterdam

Guest Stevie

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real solid oak, that I haven't seen at any other football club.

All the way through the ground!

Didn't SBR confirm this when showing Lineker around that time "solid oak this son" :icon_lol:

Fucking rights did he, he was more proud of that fact than most of his players.

Didn't SBR confirm this when showing Lineker around that time "solid oak this son" :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Must be true then!! If Sir Berb said so... :icon_lol:

Knows his wood does SBR, said Bramble was solid teak.

Knows his wood does SBR, said Bramble was solid teak.

:icon_lol: Ya sure he said Teak,Wacky??

Isn't Sunderland's new stadium named after one in Portugal? A bit shit if it is, naming it after another team's stadium hoping their past glories rub off on them.

Shite in Portuguese doesnt rhyme with luz either.

Roker Park was better than the Stade de Shite, by a mile. Then again, the likes of Pride Park will struggle to be as good as the Baseball Ground, and don't get me started on the Reebok compared to Burnden.

Benfica's ground I think.

It sounds mint in foreign like.

''Estádio da Luz'' wiki says.

Bob Young said it was to do with those two tilly lamps outside the main entrance....."keeping the lights burning in memory of those who lost their lives working at monkwearmouth pit" etc etc....

When they really just ripped Benfica off :icon_lol:

Aye, the "Eagles of Lisbon"

pre match entertainment at the ''Estádio da Luz''

what do you think the mackems would use if they tried to copy that as well?

something involving Niall Quinn's pet budgie? :icon_lol:

Bob Young said it was to do with those two tilly lamps outside the main entrance....."keeping the lights burning in memory of those who lost their lives working at monkwearmouth pit" etc etc....

It was Finkling who announced it on that Premier Passion show - one of the the local Southwick Charvers who'd they rounded up to provide an audience responded with "It's somebody else's name mate" within milliseconds - fair play to him like.

What's also funny is that Benfica's is named after the area of the city and not strictly "light".

Roker Park was better than the Stade de Shite, by a mile. Then again, the likes of Pride Park will struggle to be as good as the Baseball Ground, and don't get me started on the Reebok compared to Burnden.

Dont be so fucking stupid !! there`s far too many people like you,that romaticise about times gone by

and how old football stadiums were so much better,etc,etc! thats hog shit,you are getting old mate and long for your youth!

I`ve been to Burnden,the Baseball Ground and many,many more they were shit tips in the sixtys,they didn`t get any better as the years passed,If standing in line to use the one urinal and missing half the match,burning ya mouth on a small cup of Bovril while eating a cold pie,turns you on,go and watch none league Footy,give me the mordern stadium any day

times change,you need to change with them.. :icon_lol:

It was Finkling who announced it on that Premier Passion show - one of the the local Southwick Charvers who'd they rounded up to provide an audience responded with "It's somebody else's name mate" within milliseconds - fair play to him like.

What's also funny is that Benfica's is named after the area of the city and not strictly "light".

And just like those charvas,you miss the point,the name is a Testimony to the men that lost their lives underground.... :icon_lol:

Dont be so fucking stupid !! there`s far too many people like you,that romaticise about times gone by

and how old football stadiums were so much better,etc,etc! thats hog shit,you are getting old mate and long for your youth!

I`ve been to Burnden,the Baseball Ground and many,many more they were shit tips in the sixtys,they didn`t get any better as the years passed,If standing in line to use the one urinal and missing half the match,burning ya mouth on a small cup of Bovril while eating a cold pie,turns you on,go and watch none league Footy,give me the mordern stadium any day

times change,you need to change with them.. :icon_lol:

You make a fair and valid point, you really do, I just think it's tosh. :icon_lol:

I'm not as old as you are by the looks of it but am glad I didn't miss the terracing and older grounds. I feel for any younger fans who missed out on some belting days when it really was buzzing, sure, I was also at games when there was sub-20K crowds as well, but the good times/games compensated for it.