Newcastle United sale stalls as financial liabilities scare off potential suitors

duo

I'd guess that Louise Taylor knows exactly fuck all about what is going on. She (or 'it') is merely mischief making and sadly from just the few posts in this thread it is having thedesired effect.

Did everyone think selling a Club like NUFC could and would be done and dusted in a week or two? Should the new owners use Ashleys business acumen when it comes to purchasing NUFC?

It'll be Aug in a couple of weeks, things can't be going well.

A business like Newcastle is tiny and any takeover should take 2 weeks max with a serious buyer.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still holding out for how quickly Keane was able to make a difference for the Mackems with only a week or two of the window left - of course they may have had enough numbers in the squad (even if shit) where 3 or 4 players made that difference.

The only players I think the delay will cost us is Bassing and Beye - the former would probably have left anyway - and I don't really care about the rest.

I'm still holding out for how quickly Keane was able to make a difference for the Mackems with only a week or two of the window left - of course they may have had enough numbers in the squad (even if shit) where 3 or 4 players made that difference.

The only players I think the delay will cost us is Bassing and Beye - the former would probably have left anyway - and I don't really care about the rest.

We only need to keep Bass, Tayls, Haprper and Guthrie and build around that.

I'd ditch anyone earning over 50k tomorrow.

Im worried that we ditch everyone possible and bring in Kinnear to start the season. I heard (and think I repeated it here) a while ago that the rumour was Ashley was not going to install a manager until the day before the season starts.

if thats the case then we're fuckdiddlyfucked. I can honestly imagine Ashley and Llambias working on the logic of

"so you play 11 a side and have 3 subs....so technically you only need 14 players yeah?"

"so I can sell the rest of the squad as long as we have 14 left....cool!"

Im worried that we ditch everyone possible and bring in Kinnear to start the season. I heard (and think I repeated it here) a while ago that the rumour was Ashley was not going to install a manager until the day before the season starts.

if thats the case then we're fuckdiddlyfucked. I can honestly imagine Ashley and Llambias working on the logic of

"so you play 11 a side and have 3 subs....so technically you only need 14 players yeah?"

He's holding onto the players atm and using them as assets for possible buyers as far as I can see. There can be no other reason to continue to pay the lilkes of Martins 70k a week.

He's holding onto the players atm and using them as assets for possible buyers as far as I can see. There can be no other reason to continue to pay the lilkes of Martins 70k a week.

I think you're right, worried though that if any sale falls through then we will see either a firesale or something worse.

I think you're right, worried though that if any sale falls through then we will see either a firesale or something worse.

It's all bad PP. Can't see no light either. :icon_lol:

After all the huffing and puffing in and around the media, the NUFC circus rolls on, and I think we will have more of the same this season, Ashley will be the owner and Kinnear the manager.

Relieved I am no longer putting money into the Ashley empire, renewals of ST at an all time low can only serve to penalise the club, but I'm afraid I've had enough and hope this is another nail in the Ashley coffin.

I wonder if this bastard is just playing with us and making us pay for all that the fans of NUFC have done in his time here.

Regardless of how long these things should or should not take, the fact remains that we are approaching the season fast and are a completely rudderless ship. In the past when our run in's have been poor the previous season we've carried on in that depressed state at the begining of the next term so I can only see that being a lot worse when we've just been relegated.

Very soon the players will start demanding transfers rather than just talking to the press about it and we will lose what half decent players we have left and we won't have anyone in charge who can try and replace them if we wanted.

There is still the hope that even a bad start won't fuck our promotion attempts up totally because of the amount of games you can lose and still get promoted from this league. But that still relys on something happening before the transfer window shuts.

The longer this continues with no signs of movement the more likely it is that won't happen and we'll be stuck with some fucking clown like Kinnear and a bunch of kids and/or we'll go into administration as the chances of Ashley putting any money into the club are absolutely fucking nil!

You get the feeling the fat man is trying to claw back as much coin as he can, if the figure he apparently wants is £100M and he supposedly has at least two takers, then surely the process shouldn't take as long as it is?

Or is he trying to be the wide fucker he thinks he is by putting some add-ons to the price by stealth?

Or maybe the bidders are haggling over wether FMA gets the money upfront or in instalments, if he isn't happy about getting the money on tick then he obviously feels he shouldn't have to wait, unlike the club under him and Del boy who think its fine for us to wait for Man Citeh and Wigan to cough up for Zog and Given.

For this and all other answers, don't tune in anytime soon.

Is this story not just the buyers applying pressure via the media?

The debt is clearly an issue and the more they can make of it, the more the force the hand of Ashley who would rather take 60+m for the club now than even less in a years time.

The danger I see here is him staying on and having a go at the championship himself.

It is worth remembering that it has taken a long time to find a buyer for Soton and someone also mentioned Pompey too. I'm loathed to think that we are in their bracket but I guess we are now.

Doesn't Gemmil have a bob or two? whaddya reckon Ginger, fancy having a crack at owning a piece of history and having to face off with Pud's ankles when things go awry?

they will wait until the end of the month before buying so they don't have to pickup the fees owed to players like cacapa, owen and fatty viduka, when they are off the books and sorted, then we might see something

I dont see that though, any fees owing out will just add to the overdraft so they pick up the bill ultimately just with added interest charges.

Let's face it, none of it makes any sense. Surely any group would want to get on with it to make sure we go up next season. Pissing around with a couple of million is false economy if we spend another season in the championship. Also, it suggests to me that the group doesn't have what it takes to run the club even if they can get the money together to buy it.

In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if anybody is seriously interested in buying us.

Let's face it, none of it makes any sense. Surely any group would want to get on with it to make sure we go up next season. Pissing around with a couple of million is false economy if we spend another season in the championship. Also, it suggests to me that the group doesn't have what it takes to run the club even if they can get the money together to buy it.

In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if anybody is seriously interested in buying us.

Club.Welcome.to.

Being the supreme optimist that I am, I didn't want to join the club at all.

But its getting harder and harder to keep on, keeping on.

The other thing is if MA is left holding the baby, he too is running out of the readies/unlikely to invest.

Y'know, I think you might be right...

I remember when I was living in Austin, I asked a friend of mine's wife why its easier to get a girlfriend when you already have one. She told me it was because if you already have one, then you must meet some criteria. If you don't have one, you may not. Sort of a litmus test.

If Ashley says there's 2 suitors, maybe he thinks that will bring out some fence sitters who want to buy the club but are waiting for some reason.

I wasn't into English football the last time this went around, how long did it take Ashley to buy the club? Was it all drawn out like this?

I wasn't into English football the last time this went around, how long did it take Ashley to buy the club? Was it all drawn out like this?

Nah, he rang Sir John up and said " 'ere geeezah, Ive got loadsamoney me, you want some of my dosh?"

to which Sir John said "I couldnt possibly sell it to someone who hasnt got the best interests of the club at heart....do you have the best interests of the club at heart?"

"errrr yeah"

"you'll do for me kidda, show us the money!"