Good Beye and good riddance

Jimbo

Will Villa play Luke Young at left back now?

Really sad to see him go, one of the few players that I have any respect for and was talented too. Sad day for the club selling players like that. I hope Ashley loses every fucking penny he's got.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or rather than dip his hands ''in his pockets'' he could use some of the £20m + accumulated from selling players.

yeah but the money that has been received from the player sales recently probably went in his pockets anyway

if you had asked me who the best players were at this club 12 months ago, 7 of them have now left.

Only Taylor and Enrique remain from what I thought were players good enough to play for a decent premiership club with higher aspirations.

What a fuckin disgrace. The old board would never have let these players leave this club.

Beye is one of the best right backs we have had in my 40+ years supporting this club.

I fear that we are headed for an absolute calamity that will make last season and the McKeag and Seymour years look like a walk in the park unless we get rid of this fat bastard as soon as possible and he is replaced with someone who cares for the football club.

These lot are the OJ Simpsons of the the English league, we're letting them get away with fucking murder.

Beye is one of the best right backs we have had in my 40+ years supporting this club.

Nevermind best RB at the club he was one of the best in the Premiership. Very consistent. He wasn't too shabby at CB either. We should have fought tooth and nail to keep him at the club. Same with Bassong. Two players who'll barely make a dent in the wage bill yet will be a huge loss to the squad.

I don't blame Beye as his heart was in the right place and an ageing professional can only get messed around for so long.

If there had been a quick takeover he would have stayed.

He is going to be injured most of the season anyways. :lol:

I'm only bitter. I wish him all the best. Just wished we could have sorted things out so he could have stayed however if villa came knocking he would have left anyways.

if you had asked me who the best players were at this club 12 months ago, 7 of them have now left.

Only Taylor and Enrique remain from what I thought were players good enough to play for a decent premiership club with higher aspirations.

What a fuckin disgrace. The old board would never have let these players leave this club.

I fear that we are headed for an absolute calamity that will make last season and the McKeag and Seymour years look like a walk in the park unless we get rid of this fat bastard as soon as possible and he is replaced with someone who cares for the football club.

agreed.

this sale needs to be sorted asap. i fear for the worst otherwise.

agreed.

this sale needs to be sorted asap. i fear for the worst otherwise.

Don't know if Beye actually would have stayed, but he seemed to be up for it under the Shearer and rebuild plan, if Assley hangs on to the club until January we are doomed, for a start even if we were to try to sign a few players who would be picking them? Assley's daughter? :lol:

Beye: I had to leave United

HABIB Beye today pleaded with Newcastle United fans to “understand” his reasons for quitting St James’s Park for Aston Villa.

The Senegal international signed a three-year contract at Villa and becomes the third big name to leave St James’s in just over a week after player of the season Sebastien Bassong and Obafemi Martins quit for Spurs and Wolfsburg respectively.

Beye has made it clear since returning to training on July 1 he wanted to leave Newcastle after Alan Shearer was not installed as permanent boss.

Shearer had initial discussions to offer the ex-Marseille skipper a new contract at Gallowgate in order for him to finish his career at United.

However, with both United and Shearer in limbo and the player unwilling to let his contract run out next summer, by which time he will be 32, Beye opted to hand in a transfer request last month.

After signing a lucrative new deal at Villa which banked Magpies owner Mike Ashley around £2m, Beye said: “I hope the Newcastle fans understand why I am leaving. They have been great with me.

“It would give me no greater pleasure than to be playing against them next season at St James’s Park because it means they will have been promoted.

“I enjoyed my two years at the club.”

Beye saw Villa take advantage of Hull City’s reluctance to match his wage demands, meaning another transfer blow for Phil Brown who had hoped to sign the African.

Beye added: “It is going to be great working for Martin O'Neill because Villa have a great team. I am so proud to play here.

“It was important for me to stay in the Premier League, and I am really happy I have done that with Villa.

“Newcastle are a massive club, but everybody knows the problems there at the moment.

“Joining Villa is a great step for me.

“I have signed my contract and I am really glad. I now hope I will be successful with Villa.”

• 2 years later...

I'm glad Smith grabbed him by the throat and told him to fuck off because he was a mercenary after the relegation like. Cheers, Alan. Nice of you to stick around btw.

I'm glad Smith grabbed him by the throat and told him to fuck off because he was a mercenary after the relegation like. Cheers, Alan. Nice of you to stick around btw.

:lol:

194 days to go. Not that I'm counting like.