Good Beye and good riddance

Jimbo

FANS' favourite Habib Beye last night laid bare the frustrations at Newcastle and insisted: "I have to leave for the sake of my career - I've been given no choice."

The Senegal defender has become unsettled by the position the Toon are in after been relegated.

The club have no new owners, no manager and - right now - no hope.

Beye, 31, who has interested Blackburn among others, was fully prepared to stay at St James' Park to lead the fightback from the Championship.

He believed that, in Alan Shearer, Newcastle had the man who could revitalise the Magpies.

Yet while Beye has been away on his holidays, the club has crumbled to dust.

Now, in a hard-hitting SunSport exclusive, Beye has spoken out on the doom at the Toon.

He said: "I'm really upset by what has, or rather has not, been going on this summer.

"It was hard enough dealing with the disappointment of being relegated but things just seem to be going from bad to worse.

"I've spoken to Alan Shearer and I know how much he wanted to get Newcastle back to the Premier League.

"He is a top man and someone the players believe in. He had told us about what he expected when we returned to pre-season training and I left for my holiday fully expecting him to be in charge when I got back.

"But it hasn't happened and he doesn't seem to know what's going on much more than anyone else."

Beye was a huge success in his first season at Newcastle and was voted the fans' player of the year.

They even set up a website in his honour with the title, Beyewatch. He added: "When I joined from Marseille two years ago, I was so excited to be joining such a big club. It was a dream move.

"I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting."

Beye has one year left on his contract and understood a new deal was on the horizon. But he has heard nothing since... except silence.

Advertisement

He added: "This cannot go on, it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

Beye's agent Gary Smith said: "It's sad things have come to this. No one can question Habib's commitment to Newcastle.

"He was prepared to ignore medical advice and play in the last game against Aston Villa but Alan Shearer stopped him.

"He feels bitter that the club cannot make a long-term commitment to him as he was prepared to put his career on the line for them."

Steve Harper reckons the club is "dying a slow, painful death" at the moment.

The keeper said: "All we keep hearing is 'next few days, next few days.

"Everybody wants it resolved so we can rebuild this club.

"We want it to be done and dusted because - as it stands - the club is dying a slow, painful death."

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye.

Seems to be an effort by the players to get out a story a day starting with the most senior players.

Tomorrow, Nicky Butt reveals why he has to go....and 40,000 rush to help him pack.

Aye.

Seems to be an effort by the players to get out a story a day starting with the most senior players.

Tomorrow, Nicky Butt reveals why he has to go....and 40,000 rush to help him pack.

:icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

The cynical part of me can't help but think Habib was always going to leave once we got relegated. He owes us nothing and I expect nearly all the players feel the same way, being foreign mercenaries in the first place. Anybody who stays and kisses the badge probably can't get a good enough deal elsewhere - that's modern football. I'm expecting a lot more of this kind of 'sorry lads, but I've got no choice' sort of guff.

Probably realised that any assurances from the owner / Llambias aren't worth the fag packet they're written on. Leaving's absolutely the right thing for him to do.

As far as I can see I the Fat C*nt only has two options - sell up or give Shearer the job. It's just a case of waiting for him to have his hand forced one way or the other.

Thankfully until he decides no players will be leaving. Players will need a better excuse if they want out.

What i don't understand is why the Fat F*cker can't hire Shearer as an 'interim' boss. Sure players can't be bought or sold, but he can at least assess the squad and be ready for Ashley's lame 'I tried my best' speech.

As far as I can see I the Fat C*nt only has two options - sell up or give Shearer the job. It's just a case of waiting for him to have his hand forced one way or the other.

Thankfully until he decides no players will be leaving. Players will need a better excuse if they want out.

What i don't understand is why the Fat F*cker can't hire Shearer as an 'interim' boss. Sure players can't be bought or sold, but he can at least assess the squad and be ready for Ashley's lame 'I tried my best' speech.

I thought it wasn't his fault though. :icon_lol:

Bassong, Beye, Martins, Gutierrez are nailed on to leave imo. Then Taylor, Colocinni, Xisco, Duff maybe. We could literally be starting next season with our reserve team

But it's only an issue if we don't get any decent players in to replace them. tbh I'd have thought most of those would be ill suited to championship football and we can't afford their wages anyway. Maybe Taylor, Bassong, Taylor and Duff could form the nucleus of a championship team but I'd have thought the rest could go.

In the last month he's went from incompitence to neglect.

Stringing the sale out without a plan-b is his fault.

Edited by Phil

Bassong, Beye, Martins, Gutierrez are nailed on to leave imo. Then Taylor, Colocinni, Xisco, Duff maybe. We could literally be starting next season with our reserve team

But it's only an issue if we don't get any decent players in to replace them. tbh I'd have thought most of those would be ill suited to championship football and we can't afford their wages anyway. Maybe Taylor, Bassong, Taylor and Duff could form the nucleus of a championship team but I'd have thought the rest could go.

If we get any one in, it'll be a Taylor/Nolan situation in the last few days, no doubt about it. Unless we're sold we'll be playing with at least 3-4 kiddies in our team every match until at least Jan

In the last month he's went from incompitence to neglect.

Stringing the sale out without a plan-b is his fault.

So it's only just become his fault then? :icon_lol: Keep backtracking btw.

If we get any one in, it'll be a Taylor/Nolan situation in the last few days, no doubt about it. Unless we're sold we'll be playing with at least 3-4 kiddies in our team every match until at least Jan

Oh I'm not pretending it's a good situation JG, I'm just not too deflated to think some of the players might go. tbh we might be better off with some fresh legs and a bit of hunger over some jaded old pro who's turning up to take a bloated wage packet. Of course what we need are some decent new signings that will get us out of the CCC. What we'll get is Dean Windass on a free. Probably :icon_lol:

Aye.

Tomorrow, Nicky Butt reveals why he has to go....and 40,000 rush to help him pack....while running rings round him and patting his baldy heed.. :icon_lol:

fyptbs.

He's a right back/central defender isn't he? Not sure we will be in for him to be honest, as we have Emerton and now Jacobsen who can play there, as well as Keith Andrews if there is an outbreak of the plague. Our main focus is on getting a striker or two, then getting a decent midfielder.

He's a right back/central defender isn't he? Not sure we will be in for him to be honest, as we have Emerton and now Jacobsen who can play there, as well as Keith Andrews if there is an outbreak of the plague. Our main focus is on getting a striker or two, then getting a decent midfielder.

You dont need any of those, you've got big Sam managing you now, strikers? pah! they dont help defend a 0-0 draw.

*and before anyone says it I know, just one more 0-0 draw would have kept us up :icon_lol:

I presume you have never seen Jason Roberts when 1-on-1 with a keeper. Or in front of an open goal :icon_lol:

We have a gentleman's agreement to take Di Santo on loan from Chelsea, but that has not been formally sorted out. As much as I enjyed watching Chris Samba up front, I hope he plays at the back where he belongs.

unless something changes we are in big danger of dropping straight down again