Good Beye and good riddance

Jimbo

He would've stayed if he, like the rest of the players/fans/the tea lady etc. hadn't been fucked about by FMA.

Goodbye Beye and thanks for the memories, you were class. Now we have to move S. Taylor to RB (which he's not terrible at), but who does that leave us at CB?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, reluctantly, have no problem with this.

Yes in a dream world there's many others who I would like to see out the door first, but if this is what it takes to make us financially viable and more attractive to potential buyers, then so be it.

We have fallen and need to start again. It is tough to take but is the reality of the situation.

We need to put to one side the dreams that were spawned under keegan and patiently re-build.

Our day will come again, but we all need to get real with the here and now.

Sooner we do, sooner we'll start enjoying footballing life again.

Think we'll be in League 1 before we're in the Premiership. :(

Owen aside, the players we have lost probably make a drop in the ocean when it comes to trimming the wage bill, the quality of the squad has taken more of hit rather than the overdraft.

Owen, Viduka, Martins and Beye will have made up a hefty chunk of the wagebill IMO. Then there's Cacapa who we were paying for nothing.

Best part of 300kpw there off the bill, for the best part of fuck all contribution to the team.

I'm sad he's going, I also thought he would got to a more established club than Hull tbh but good luck to him. However atm it's the same old story of last minute exits with no reinvestment and Hughton presiding over a small and demoralised squad. No lessons have been learned from the January window and disaster looms again I'm afraid.

Quite simply, as things stand, we are in the shit.

Anyone wanting to make a quick buck get some serious money on us to get relegated, I wouldn't (and couldn't), but we're looking a knocking bet if he doesn't sell. Even if he does get a buyer, it'll take a good manager to get enough people in for the January window. I don't think I've ever been as disheartened about NUFC in the build up to a season. We have been ruined by the fucking Halls, Shepherds and finally this utter cretin who has been like a Mackem super virus in our club.

In 2009 we have said goodbye to Given, N'zogbia, Owen, Viduka, Martins, Beye and Bassong. I've not bothered to include the likes of Edgar, we've seen dross like Nolan and Ryan Taylor come in. I know it was likely EMO was going the distance no matter what was going to happen, but, would a side with Milner, Given and N'zogbia in it all year have been enough to keep us up? I'd say fucking definitely, Ashley is repeating the same mistakes all over again, some of it forced, (by his crass decisions which took us down in the first place), and some of it just plain stupidity. Is anyone convinced Carrol and Ameobi will get the goals that the Quinn/McGhee partnership got the last time we were relegated? That would be a big fucking no, then. Our midfield is just about the worst I've seen in my time of following us, (early eighties onwards), our defence looks pretty shaky now, there is no decent back up and we've yet to sign anyone, and if we do, who is going to have the final say? Hughton? Calderwood? Is JFK on the dog and bone offering his advice?

Get the prayer mats out, maybe its time the NUSC put out a little deadline of our own, when is FMA going to start running the club if a sale doesn't happen? Has he got a date in his mind? Is he going to do the things that other football clubs do, like have a manager, buy as well as selling players, generally have some kind of fucking idea what to do and when to do it.

This man is the ultimate Mackem wet dream.

... Is anyone convinced Carrol and Ameobi will get the goals that the Quinn/McGhee partnership got the last time we were relegated? That would be a big fucking no, then. Our midfield is just about the worst I've seen in my time of following us, (early eighties onwards), our defence looks pretty shaky now, there is no decent back up and we've yet to sign anyone, and if we do, who is going to have the final say? Hughton? Calderwood? Is JFK on the dog and bone offering his advice?

Ameobi? Doubtful. Carroll? I don't know... maybe? I think that kid's got some chops to him. For one, he actually looked like he gave a shit those last few games- coming back to play defense on set pieces and whatnot. It's hard to be optimistic about anything NUFC related obviously, but I hope Carroll blossoms in the CCC and puts this team on his back to get us back up in a seaason or two.

True 'dat.

I think Carroll will do ok in the championship, don't think hes going score bucketloads but he'll do alright.... ameobi will be as shite as always

I don't think he is one of those strikers that will get a load of goals anyways (Unless he played against Aberdeen). He will chip in with the odd few and probably get about 15 or so in the championship.

I forgot about Cacapa. I'd have personally done everything to get Beye and Bassong to stay. Collo, Cacapa, Duff & Barton would have been a bigger priority for me.

According to .COM there's claimed bids/strong interest in Butt, Coloccini, Enrique, Geremi, Gutierrez & Xisco.

... Is anyone convinced Carrol and Ameobi will get the goals that the Quinn/McGhee partnership got the last time we were relegated? That would be a big fucking no, then. Our midfield is just about the worst I've seen in my time of following us, (early eighties onwards), our defence looks pretty shaky now, there is no decent back up and we've yet to sign anyone, and if we do, who is going to have the final say? Hughton? Calderwood? Is JFK on the dog and bone offering his advice?

Ameobi? Doubtful. Carroll? I don't know... maybe? I think that kid's got some chops to him. For one, he actually looked like he gave a shit those last few games- coming back to play defense on set pieces and whatnot. It's hard to be optimistic about anything NUFC related obviously, but I hope Carroll blossoms in the CCC and puts this team on his back to get us back up in a seaason or two.

True 'dat.

I think Carroll will do ok in the championship, don't think hes going score bucketloads but he'll do alright.... ameobi will be as shite as always

I don't think he is one of those strikers that will get a load of goals anyways (Unless he played against Aberdeen). He will chip in with the odd few and probably get about 15 or so in the championship.

Carroll's a young lad new to the team, he's playing alongside Ameobi and he has the worst midfield (in my opinion), that I've seen at NUFC to 'help' him. He's got no flying right back to overlap the shit midfield either and put the odd cross in, (Beye has gone), so he's basically left with Enrique for any real supply. I'd say he'd do very well to get 15 goals in that side, I'll be surprised if he gets double figures, (ok, there's more games, and the defences won't be quite as good, so maybe I should take that into account, I'm just very pessimistic as things currently stand).

I forgot about Cacapa. I'd have personally done everything to get Beye and Bassong to stay. Collo, Cacapa, Duff & Barton would have been a bigger priority for me.

According to .COM there's claimed bids/strong interest in Butt, Coloccini, Enrique, Geremi, Gutierrez & Xisco.

Butt is probably on huge wages. I'd rather he stayed than either of the Taylors or the others that I mentioned as he seems to give a shit. Geremi must go too. I can't believe we nearly got a couple of mill from that Turkish club for him.

Fucks sake :

Jose---Kadar---Saylor---Raylor

with Tozer and Morris(?) as back-up.

Jose will be next out after Colo and if Ashley doesn't sell up I could see him cashing in on Stevie Taylor too.

Moyes will probably see him as a good replacement for Lescott..