An introduction!

The Owld Fecker

Good evening all - I'm in Thailand, so 6 hours ahead of you.

Just a first post, to introduce myself.

I used to live in Newcastle and get free paddock tickets, from a friend of mine who's dad used to write for the Chronicle.

However, every time I went to SJP I felt "uninvolved" and like an outsider looking in.

Boxing day 1962 I was sitting in front of the TV and saw that Sunderland had lost 1-0 at home to Bury, Clough had suffered his injury, Hurley had missed a pen and (please don't ask me why) I felt concerned.

I then went to the next home game (Aston Villa, League Cup semi final) and felt "at home" the moment I walked into Roker.

We lost 3-1 but that did not change my feeling and I've supported SAFC ever since.

In those days, it was, not only, possible but normal to go to watch both teams and I was present against Ujpest Dozsa, when you won the ICFC - Wyn Davies was immense!

Was, also, in the Leazes End when there were only (about) 14,000 in the ground, for the derby. It was p***ing down and the ball floated away when placed on the centre spot - We lost 1-0, McGarry scored for you from a pen IIRC.

Anyway, enough of my memories.

Evening all!

:icon_lol:

Edited by The Owld Fecker

Where are all these reasonable Mackems coming from? Why aren't we being overran by the gormless mongs that post on RTG? :icon_lol:

Welcome, by the way :icon_lol:

Edited by Ketsbaia

Guest TheNewinsider
Where are all these reasonable Mackems coming from? Why aren't we being overran by the gormless mongs that post on RTG? :icon_lol:

I even keep away from the RTG boards as much as I can! You obviously will expect this from mackems, but the mentallity of that place is ignorant, backwards, and downright annoying. A great deal of them share a collective "group mentallity", that throws abuse and condemns everyone and everything.

I even keep away from the RTG boards as much as I can! You obviously will expect this from mackems, but the mentallity of that place is ignorant, backwards, and downright annoying. A great deal of them share a collective "group mentallity", that throws abuse and condemns everyone and everything.

That's one way of putting it, I just like the term "full of tossers" it's a lot easier than saying that.

Edited by MackemSi

That's one way of putting it, I just like the term "full of tossers" it's a lot easier than saying that.

Sounds about right :icon_lol:

Hello.

My 93 year old neighbour at my last place used to tell me how he'd go to watch Sunderland all the time, even though he was a Newcastle fan.

Well I'm 76 going on 93 and I've only been in Roker Park once, aye once, and that was to watch Georgie Best & Bobby Charlton and the Man'ure team that wasn't disliked then as much as it is now. :icon_lol:

Hello.

My 93 year old neighbour at my last place used to tell me how he'd go to watch Sunderland all the time, even though he was a Newcastle fan.

Well I'm 76 going on 93 and I've only been in Roker Park once, aye once, and that was to watch Georgie Best & Bobby Charlton and the Man'ure team that wasn't disliked then as much as it is now. :icon_lol:

So you never watched shack then?? (in red and white)

Many thanks for the greetings from all.

Was, slightly, disappointed that I was not told, by anyone, to "f**k off", it is a friendly response to a new poster, on the RTG (where I cannot post, because Roger treats every application, from Thailand, with an AOL email address as spam)!!

Anyway, thanks to all apart from:

Hello.

Even I'm, nowhere near that age - bassa!

<_<:rolleyes:

Would have loved to have seen "Shack" play though!

:)

My dad used to go to Sunderland and Newcastle games alternate weekends.

I've not spoken to him since he told me that like.

My fatha's a sunlun fan :) From north of the river anarl. Both facts are enough to make a grown man :rolleyes: