Mark Hughes

Park Life

Re Fish: Been linked to Zigic again, so that'll be our big signing if its true (he's 6 foot 7). Not sure as he has scored 13 goals in 16 games for Racing Santander whilst on loan, but can also play like he's smoked a kilo of weed and has motor neurone disease. The Sun says we want an Austrian called Erwin Hoffer, also a striker and Chamakh, the Ukrainian striker at Bordeaux. The latter however, is also linked to your neighbours, and Arsenal who are is 1st choice. These are the rumours, and here are the deals that have officially been done:

IN:

Van Heerden (winger)

Nzonzi (def. midfielder)

Jacobsen (right back)

Givet (left back/central def. and bargain)

A 16 year old Greek keeper.

We also have a work permit for David Holiett a 19 year old striker who is supposed to be promising. Scored quite a few goals for St. Pauli in Krautland.

OUT:

Roque Mistranslated (part time Paraguayian radio DJ)

Aaron Mokoena (Lumbering lumberjack)

Matt Derbyshire (Striker)

And some have probably been released, but I can't remember all of them.

Re Parklife: All the bookies have us about 7/1, 9th or 10th favourites. William Hill has you at 16/1 to be relegated again, but you're way down the list.

Edited by Billy Castell

I can't see Hughes getting fired any time soon. Man City were god-awful much of last season, spend the Holiday fixtures in the relegation zone and yet they still kept him on board. If City are not in Europe at the end of this season, then I could see the Arab consortium letting him go, but no sooner. Not a bad manager, though, to my way of looking at things. City could do a lot worse.

Don't remind me of Given. We had him but then you bastards poached him. I was, and will always be gutted we didn't ship out Flowers and gave him the number 1 shirt. I remember seeing him on loan for the makems and thinking "fucking hell, he's going to be brilliant". £1.5m was painful and a pittance.

We have had good goalies since then, and sadly Alan Fettis who can't be described as a goalie at all, but I'll always like Given. Only Friedel has filled that void.

Re Fish: Been linked to Zigic again, so that'll be our big signing if its true (he's 6 foot 7).

The Big Sam way.

But seriously, he's class. Doubt you will get him however. Or Chamakh, he'll surely go to Arsenal now that Adebayor's on his bike.

I can't see Hughes getting fired any time soon. Man City were god-awful much of last season, spend the Holiday fixtures in the relegation zone and yet they still kept him on board. If City are not in Europe at the end of this season, then I could see the Arab consortium letting him go, but no sooner. Not a bad manager, though, to my way of looking at things. City could do a lot worse.

I disagree. Big cheques----->big expectations----->no patience and he's already had his period of grace last season. I'd expect them to take the same approach as Abramovich....the only question is whether he'll get as long as Christmas if it's not going well. imho of course.

I disagree. Big cheques----->big expectations----->no patience and he's already had his period of grace last season. I'd expect them to take the same approach as Abramovich....the only question is whether he'll get as long as Christmas if it's not going well. imho of course.

Think he'll last the season out personally, after that the decision will be made depending on where they finish. He has said that the requirement is top 6, I think they'll do that no probs. Just need a couple of defenders, they have the 2nd best keeper in the league already. :D