Season Ticket Sales

smoggeordie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes haha now ignoring the real reasons for that attendance, that was our lowest crowd in any competition for 16 years and it was against a non-entity club, you hardly are a seat filler eh?

Somehow Stevie, I dont think that record will last for the next 16 years. Somehow.

I can't see the link our Spurs friend has put on, which is a shame.

Perhaps he can explain how a Spurs side who finished 3rd in the league in 1989-90 could only pull in an average, (not one-off), gate of 26,463? Although to be fair, that is still a bit better than the average gate of 25,881 that they got in 1986-87 for finishing third again.

I think when this was done before someone mentioned Spurs getting like 10k at home a few times when they had Gazza and Waddle in their side.

Argument over.

If not just enter ''Newcastle Tottenham Attendance BFITW'' into the search bar at the bottom of the screen :rolleyes:

I'd be interested to know how many of the 25,000 include people who signed up for the 3 year deal previously so have rolled on another year automatically.

Wasnt it about 6k or something?

Im one of the three season people. If I wasnt, I know exactly where Id stand. I would get a season ticket for the next year, however there is no way Id have parted with my money yet. I would not want one penny of my money going into that club while that fucking wanker is involved. Nothing. So, Id be waiting until the last minute before renewing in the hope he'd get his act together and sell the club.

Wasnt it about 6k or something?

Im one of the three season people. If I wasnt, I know exactly where Id stand. I would get a season ticket for the next year, however there is no way Id have parted with my money yet. I would not want one penny of my money going into that club while that fucking wanker is involved. Nothing. So, Id be waiting until the last minute before renewing in the hope he'd get his act together and sell the club.

Wouldn't you run the risk of losing your specific seat if you did that or are you not bothered about it?

I signed up for the 3 year DDR scheme, it has since been cancelled and I have no intention of renewing, even if this lunatic sells, Shearer is appointed manager by the new owners etc, etc.

IMO we are in for some even more shit in the short term, next couple of seasons. This period has been one of the worst in the 50 years I have supported NUFC but saying that 25,000 who have renewed is more than credible, it has been much worse in the time I have supported the Toon.

The fact that we have sold 25k ST is pretty good considering! The lowest league attendance in recent history was for a league game against Wrexham in the old Second Division in the 1978-79 season. The official attendance for that game was 7,134. Still in the old 2nd Division our average attendance for 80/81 was 16,000 so by these standards to have sold 25,000 ST with all the shit going on is incredible.

I will continue to support them, but will be selective and buy a match ticket on the day and hopefully get to a few away games.

Guest Stevie
I'm getting confused between Howmanheyman and Stevie. Are they one and the same?

He's got my signature which is causing the confusion.

I'm getting confused between Howmanheyman and Stevie. Are they one and the same?

No, Stevie appears to have taking a shining to my sig and has 'borrowed' it.

Your welcome, Stevie. :rolleyes:

(Then again, I've rifled the funny pics thread on the other general forum so I can talk.) :)

Edited by Howmanheyman

Perhaps he can explain how a Spurs side who finished 3rd in the league in 1989-90 could only pull in an average, (not one-off), gate of 26,463? Although to be fair, that is still a bit better than the average gate of 25,881 that they got in 1986-87 for finishing third again.

Again how can I possibly comment on a season that was 20 years ago, I was 4. I don't know the reason why the gates were so low then, it doesnt make sense to me as i've got several videos from that mid eighties era with Villa, Ardilles, Hoddle, Waddle and we were fantastic. I would hazard that the economic situation had some to do with it, Thatcher era...

I do take issue with those saying I'm not renewing because its a farce and manager isn't installed and Ashley is in charge BUT preach about how fan fucking tastic it is you have 25,000 true supporters that have signed up for this season.

Don't take credit for it, it aint you thats sticking by the club no matter what. Fair weather fans.

As well as Ashley's murder of the club you don't think the current economic situation & no drop in prices has something to do with it?

Again how can I possibly comment on a season that was 20 years ago, I was 4. I don't know the reason why the gates were so low then, it doesnt make sense to me as i've got several videos from that mid eighties era with Villa, Ardilles, Hoddle, Waddle and we were fantastic. I would hazard that the economic situation had some to do with it, Thatcher era...

I do take issue with those saying I'm not renewing because its a farce and manager isn't installed and Ashley is in charge BUT preach about how fan fucking tastic it is you have 25,000 true supporters that have signed up for this season.

Don't take credit for it, it aint you thats sticking by the club no matter what. Fair weather fans.

Fairweather fan, eh?

I can't speak for anyone else on here but I'm not renewing because I'm out of work and I won't give Ashley a cash injection when he won't buy or sell anyone and is looking to bail out. I don't want him taking my money as a leaving present, thanks. I'll still be going to games, money permitting, (I have a wife and two daughters,) so I'll still do my bit, just like I did my bit in the division 2 days, in fact, I'm probably the opposite to a fair weather fan as I was left outside when times were good at SJP, so to be labelled fair weather does make me laugh a bit. I don't know what it is about London, but you really do have a higher percentage of bulls knackers who talk shite as easy as the rest of us breathe.

Simple mate, read the figures and say "Fuck me that's not a lot"

Fairweather fan, eh?

I can't speak for anyone else on here but I'm not renewing because I'm out of work and I won't give Ashley a cash injection when he won't buy or sell anyone and is looking to bail out. I don't want him taking my money as a leaving present, thanks. I'll still be going to games, money permitting, (I have a wife and two daughters,) so I'll still do my bit, just like I did my bit in the division 2 days, in fact, I'm probably the opposite to a fair weather fan as I was left outside when times were good at SJP, so to be labelled fair weather does make me laugh a bit. I don't know what it is about London, but you really do have a higher percentage of bulls knackers who talk shite as easy as the rest of us breathe.

You have missed my point and though I may be winding people up its not my intention.

My point was there are fans on here that say in one breath "its a fucking joke, ashley is a cu** no way is he getting a penny of my money, we are playing like crap etc etc" say in the next say wow look how many have signed up for the next season DESPITE the situation, NUFC is so amazing we have he best fans in the world and all that bollocks.

Taking double standards to a new level

NUFC is so amazing we have he best fans in the world and all that bollocks.

Only Spurs fans say that about us :omgwank:

How many would Spurs sell then? <_<

NUFC is so amazing we have he best fans in the world and all that bollocks.

Only Spurs fans say that about us :omgwank:

How many would Spurs sell then? <_<

Is that true? I mean really, did we invent it? It isnt what the media shoves down our throats everytime Newcastle play Man U or get to a cup quater final or something significant

No idea how many we would sell, that, again, wasnt what I was trying to say.

It isnt what the media shoves down our throats

Exactly, not Newcastle fans so don't come here and spout it to get the one up!

Fair enough some bell ends may go on about it like tits in youtube videos and some bored people (me) may defend our support to the point of embarrassment but most of the support don't even think twice about it and in real life - in person couldn't give a fuck.

It's the same with this big club shite - it's at home on the internet but a lot of people wouldn't even consider talking about it in the real world.

(And yes we only really hear that from Spurs fans and Mackems)

Fairweather fan, eh?

You have missed my point and though I may be winding people up its not my intention.

My point was there are fans on here that say in one breath "its a fucking joke, ashley is a cu** no way is he getting a penny of my money, we are playing like crap etc etc" say in the next say wow look how many have signed up for the next season DESPITE the situation, NUFC is so amazing we have he best fans in the world and all that bollocks.

Sorry lads but he is right. I wouldn't renew for the reasons given above, so by inference the people who have renewed (who weren't committed to it/didn't fight it) are just taking loyalty to daft levels. We can't have it both ways.

Fairweather fan, eh?

Sorry lads but he is right. I wouldn't renew for the reasons given above, so by inference the people who have renewed (who weren't committed to it/didn't fight it) are just taking loyalty to daft levels. We can't have it both ways.

damn decent of you