Season Ticket Sales

smoggeordie

Don't blame any of you fans for holding back on the season tickets. Haven't looked to see how much they are, but forking out a few hundred £ for anything with so many things going wrong and unresolved would be madness. Everything about Newcastle is in a right mess, and if it continues, only the weirdest of masachists would turn up for every game.

:rolleyes:

i wouldn't buy a season ticket (if i lived locally). Don't line Fat Ashley's pockets.

its the only protest available, and over time it works.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame any of you fans for holding back on the season tickets. Haven't looked to see how much they are, but forking out a few hundred £ for anything with so many things going wrong and unresolved would be madness. Everything about Newcastle is in a right mess, and if it continues, only the weirdest of masachists would turn up for every game.

i wouldn't buy a season ticket (if i lived locally). Don't line Fat Ashley's pockets.

its the only protest available, and over time it works.

This is bollocks btw. He's decided to sell, so protesting by not buying a ticket is serving very little purpose. I'm not buying one simply because I have no intention of handing £600 over given the state of the place at the minute.

FOLLOWING weekend reports in the Press, Newcastle United would like to set the record straight with regards season ticket sales.

The Club can confirm that sales are now closing in on the 25,000 mark with uptake in the expanded family area particularly strong.

Interest is continuing to grow on a daily basis and with the new season still three weeks away we expect the number of season ticket holders to further increase.

Click here for more information on season tickets for the 2009/10 campaign.

So who believes that then?

25'000 tickets at Premier League prices before any takeover or even any movement whatsoever in regards to preparation is quite impressive.

Also when you look at the average attendance for the championship @ 17'000 it doesn't look too bad.

Even with 25k bought up already we're ahead of other teams in our position. For example I'd be curious as to the volume of boro season tickets that have been bought already

Our season ticket prices vs Boro season ticket prices?

Our Oak-like family trees vs boro family Bamboo?

25,000 is immensely respectable considering the shit that's going on.

Our season ticket prices vs Boro season ticket prices?

Speaking to someone who works at Boro yesterday, they've sold around 16,000 season tickets. Junior tickets are 100 quid for them, 'young persons' ones are 200.

25'000 tickets at Premier League prices before any takeover or even any movement whatsoever in regards to preparation is quite impressive.

Also when you look at the average attendance for the championship @ 17'000 it doesn't look too bad.

If you make a good start to the campaign and play some exciting stuff the "supporters" will come back.

I just don't think people want to pay the money at the moment - a fortune to have the piss took out of them.

You can dress outlandishly and go to a comedy club and get that for £400 cheaper.

Guest Stevie

If you make a good start to the campaign and play some exciting stuff the "supporters" will come back.

Despite getting relegated in a season where we have had 4 managers, 2 club sales (none actually completed), the entire footballing world pissing themselves at PR fuck up after PR fuck, currently with no manager, the current owner has the club up for sale, the entire first team squad is in theory up for sale, no transfer policy/direction, no sponsorship cash having spent it all on mr owen who trousered over £40 million during his 'poor spell' at nufc, absolutley no possiblity of players coming in despite that we have sold 25,000 season tickets. I'm sorry like there's not a club anywhere who could do that. Once we're bought out and Shearer is put in charge you can add 10-15,000 season ticket sales on to that figure in my view, bringing up to the season ticket levels of last season. You know how snobby I am, and as of yet I am not part of the 25,000 for the same reasons as Gemmill, so if the likes of us haven't renewed yet, you know there are many thousands in the same boat.

We'd maybe sell a few more if our online ticket site wasnt so shite, 25 minutes to buy two tickets for saturday.

Despite the shitty situation we're in, i'd be buying a season ticket if i wasnt moving house and had some spare cash

(maybe, deep down we'd all be lost without the constant drama of newcastle united)

I suppose I'm one of the supporters who you've put in brackets who you're insinuating will come back if we start winning. well let's put it into some perspective, I was made redundant in April and am still out of work, (if we get you lot in the cup you can maybe wave a tenner at me, I love that banter, no really), and I'm afraid it's hard to tell your missus that you'll be buying a season ticket instead of paying 'as and when' especially when I'm no different to everybody else who has kids and bills to pay, also, just as important, there's not a chance that I'm putting any large sum into the club with Ashley fucking us about and possibly riding off into the sunset with my cash. To be honest, I can't believe the amount who have gone ahead as per normal. A new job and Ashley getting back under his rock permitting, I'll get a part season ticket in hopefully the same seat I had last year. Besides, 25-30k is still more than the 23,883 who watched a good Spurs side including Hoddle, Hazard etc, who had won the UEFA cup a year earlier, beat us 5-1 in the 1st division in '85.

I cannot comment on a Spurs crowd from 1985 as I was 1 back then however 23k is how many we have waiting for a season ticket now let alone the fans that already have one. Our problem is capacity.

I cannot comment on a Spurs crowd from 1985 as I was 1 back then however 23k is how many we have waiting for a season ticket now let alone the fans that already have one. Our problem is capacity.

I remember Spurs fan Warren Mitchell commenting on the radio that the "Spurs boys could learn a thing or two from these Geordie fans" when approx 13,000 Mags went to WHL for a 5th round cup tie in '87. Now that you've got a 23k waiting list we'll just have to get Jimmy Nail/ant & Dec/whoever to repay the compliment, eh?

No, your problem is cockiness, just like a number of Spurs fans are guilty of. (I know I'm typing to myself as you've done a shoot.) I've got respect for Spurs and their support as it happens, I might not like you as supporters in general, (with the odd exception), but I'll always acknowledge a good support, however, the amount of bollocks I've heard spoken or typed from fuckers who blatently don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to NUFC, the club and our history, (and sometimes their own history!), is just too much, honestly mate, it boils my piss.

n.b. But please, post again, I think the Spurs support is under-represented on here. :rolleyes: