Sunderland excuses.

peasepud

It amazes how you can sympathise with a fat, cockney cunt who has put the final nail in the coffin in this ailing club.

Edited by ChriszyD

How what I wrote can be taken as sympathy is amazing to me, but whatever.

Simply put: Sunderland have a lot of work to do to and money to spend to look like a proper Premier League outfit. Until then, a Championship side on vacation, like Hull City, Stoke City and Wigan for that matter.

How what I wrote can be taken as sympathy is amazing to me, but whatever.

Simply put: Sunderland have a lot of work to do to and money to spend to look like a proper Premier League outfit. Until then, a Championship side on vacation, like Hull City, Stoke City and Wigan for that matter.

I was quoting about the previous thread you made and how you sympathised with Ashley, I thought you would have assumed that.

Edited by ChriszyD

They moan on about how its unfair that the location is stopping the likes of Crouch signing, well I've got news for you lads, its not the location, being on the North East coast never stopped us signing a player.

Its not where you are its what you are, Sunderland, a nothing, shit tip of a place stuck between us and the Boro. Nothing in its own right, just a small area near to Newcastle and Durham.

Even when players do sign for them, where do they live? Roker? Seaham? no, Newcastle, on the quayside or in Darras Hall.

Fuckers have had 2 months of their fun its time we started to take the piss back. :icon_lol:

Sad excuse for a post, especially from a moderator :icon_lol::razz:

You're going to find it near impossible to take the piss back, its now July 17th and you still have no new owner, no manager in place, and a group of demoralized players on inflated wages who are eager to jump ship, and an alleged rumor (from nufc-forum.com) that you're going to go into administration in 9 days (not saying I 100% believe that). Your club is well and truly fucked in total if you think about it. You can sit and "laugh" at us for likely failing to sign Peter Crouch, but what you fail to realise is that at least we have the funds to aim for a player like him now and at least we can get him up to talk to you. Crouch is not a world class player, but he's about 10 times above your level now (not just by his height either). The type of player which about is your level now, is the type of player which we are eager to ship out of our team and move on from. By the time you return to the premiership (that's if you ever do), you will be on the wrong side of a large gulf in quality in comparison to us. That gulf acting on your behalf previously which has been the principal cause of you beating us several times such as the games in 1996, 2006, 2008, etc.

Secondly city of sunderland isn't "nothing" as you seem to describe it as, of course its nothing compared to the bright lights of London and the south and isn't exactly amongst the "elite" of cities in the UK, and isn't quite as good as Newcastle (though that isn't the argument).

For "nothing in its own right" it will have a world heritage site by 2010, a 7th century building where education and the rebirth of learning in england began. There is also a £180 million agreement in place to build the tallest building in the region which will also be bigger than anything Scotland. A new quality shopping centre will be joining this tower, then there's the Hilton Hotel to be built this year (something newcastle doesn't have for those who claim Gatesheads assets as their own). There's also money from the government into building the tallest bridge in the United Kingdom in Sunderland. Then HM Court services are funding a new court and law complex in the city centre (which was announced today). A nothing city also isn't tied with Washington D.C, Essen, nanjing and Harbin, is it?

As for what it currently has, it also has the largest theatre venue in the Northeast, and the only one which can stage west end shows. It has a rapidly improving and expanding modern university, which yet another £75 million campus is almost completed along with new funds to recruit some of the finest software lecturers and professors in the country. Mowbray park was also voted "the best city park in Britain" last year, beating even Hyde park (much to my suprise though). You should also look at the regeneration they done in Sunniside, a new conference centre, an expensive new art and music facility, new apartments and the rejuvanted modern gardens. Plus there's the most important thing of all, a rapidly improving premier league football team :D

Sunderland's economy has increased by 83% from 1995, which is far above the national average growth and is very impressive for a city which only gained status in 1992. Hardly "nothing" is it? Sunderland may be inferior to Newcastle but it isn't nothing in total. Due to a recent city status its never developed as much as the others, but it will eventually overtake them as it's heading in the right direction. Though its no suprise why a player would choose London over Sunderland, I think a player would choose London over any city though in the long run, and if sunderland is so close to this almighty city of "Newcastle" (which bare it in mind claims half of Gatesheads attractions as it's own), why can't the players just all enjoy the mights of this nearby newcastle instead and have no problem moving to Sunderland? :icon_lol:

FTM

Ooh petal, aren't we in a mood? What's wrong, frustrated, Sis on her rags?

You can bang on about new building projects* and economic growth- means nowt. As long as the Neanderthal natives measure everything they do against their superior neighbours (and you all do,admit it), you'll always be a nothing town.

* The National Glass Centre, anyone been? :icon_lol: :icon_lol: The double glazing showroom on Norham road is more impressive.

Oh, and when you've been in the top flight for 10 years continuously, then come on here and shout about Premiership credentials. til then, vado refero vestri.

Doesn't really matter what gets built or open in the centre, it will never make up for the likes of Town end farm, redhouse, pennywell (BELOW), hendon ETC ETC

cashanty.jpg

Fuck me, I thought that was a Brazilian slum on a cloudy day! :D

Fully aware I am probably going to make a complete tit of myself here but that isn't really Sunderland is it?

Just trying to be fair-minded. Having a wealthy investor is not enough to stabilize the club and build the squad necessary to survive and contest for honors.

THere you go again with words which I dont understand where Ashley is concerned.

Dont get me wrong, Im not having a go or acting all twatful to the new bloke but this belief that Ashley has somehow invested in Newcastle United is beyond me. Yes hes forked out money but its not been invested in the club, its been to save him cash in the long run. Paying a £30m debt so that we dont pay out £1m a year in interest is not investing, not when its at the expense of the team and ultimately got us relegated.

Doesn't really matter what gets built or open in the centre, it will never make up for the likes of Town end farm, redhouse, pennywell (BELOW), hendon ETC ETC

cashanty.jpg

Fully aware I am probably going to make a complete tit of myself here but that isn't really Sunderland is it?

:icon_lol:

Downhill I think. :icon_lol:

cashanty.jpg

Can you see the yellow striped shirt on the balcony?

You have nothing constructive to post about your own club, so you post an attempt to take the piss out of Sunderland.......says it all really.

Literally within minutes of the final whistle on the day Sunderland survived relegation by the skin of their teeth there were over 100 people from the Sunderland region trying to sign up on Toontastic.

Rather than discuss their 'great escape' amongst their own dedicated forums, they took it upon themselves to come here and want to discuss it. Was it to pat us on the back and say "hard lines, sorry you've been relegated?"

I don't fucking think so!

cashanty.jpg

Can you see the yellow striped shirt on the balcony?

Can you see the mackem cunt to the left of it? has FF monogrammed on his hoodie.