Colloccini

peasepud

FABRICIO COLOCCINI is fast growing resigned to staying at Newcastle – but staying on big money.

And the Argentinian defender insists United’s off-field strife – not him or his team-mates – is to blame for the Magpies’ relegation to the Championship.

Coloccini tops the list of players Newcastle hope to cash in on this summer as the economic reality of life outside the Premier League sinks in.

But the 27-year-old believes a move is now looking “impossible” because of the Magpies’ insistence that they will not let him leave on loan.

“At this moment, it is very complicated to leave Newcastle because they are asking for too much from any club interested in doing a deal,” said Coloccini.

“The club only wants to sell me, not do a loan with the option to sell. My agent has talked to the Newcastle directors and it’s very complicated.

“Newcastle are thinking only about getting money back at the moment, but the worldwide financial crisis doesn’t help when it comes to selling a footballer.

“It’s true that some Spanish clubs have asked about me, but it’s been impossible to negotiate an agreement.”

Meanwhile, Coloccini – a major disappointment since his £10 million-plus move to Tyneside from Deportivo La Coruna last summer – also reflected on relegation.

“I’m unhappy about the situation because I came to the Premier League with so much hope and the season was a disaster,” he added.

“People have criticised the players but all the problems within the club damaged us on the pitch.

“I have never experienced so many changes on the bench during my career, and stability is fundamental for players.”

And Coloccini concluded: “If a solution is not possible, I am willing to play in the Championship, but with the same financial conditions.”

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle...79310-24186809/

Don't see why anyone is seething about players not taking a pay-cut.

If I were in their shoes there's no way I would be taking a non-compulsory cut.

Get over it ffs.

Well, fair enough really. Not his fault he was offered the deal he was to come. Though I dont accept that the players should not take a portion of blame for the relegation. I do agree though that the on going management changes throughout the season would also have been part of it. If the club didnt give players a relegation clause, thats not really the players fault either.

So no, I dont expect any player to take a salary cut. I would expect some to move to play on a bigger stage but for less money (if it was all about the football) or stay (if it was clearly all about the money). shite circumstance that comes down to foolish contract negotiation.

Its the fault of the fuckwitts in charge for not putting claues in contracts relating to relegation. Players coming here would have wrongly thought the same as the owners, that we won't be relegated, so signing a clause stating wages are reduced if we go down isn't likely to have stopped them joining us as they'd never expect it to come into play.

The club are forcing the players into a corner....another 10 days of no action on the sale of the club and transfer requests will be flopping on to the sjp mat quicker than you can say "don't care if my contract isn't paid up up" which is ironically more than likely just what the club want.

The club are forcing the players into a corner....another 10 days of no action on the sale of the club and transfer requests will be flopping on to the sjp mat quicker than you can say "don't care if my contract isn't paid up up" which is ironically more than likely just what the club want.

Yeah, a friend of mine was saying Ashley will probably wait till as late as possible, flog everyone possible, pocket the money and leave no time to buy any new players!

Yeah, a friend of mine was saying Ashley will probably wait till as late as possible, flog everyone possible, pocket the money and leave no time to buy any new players!

Probably take the toilet paper with him as well.

I think his real parting shot is to leave us with that away strip, that has to be the work of somebody who hates us!

This doesn't make sense. He says he will stay if he has to, then he goes on to completely alienate himself from the fans by going on about money.

I don't expect him to take a wage cut, I know I wouldn't, but the majority of fans will feel quite angry with those comments...

:rolleyes: I expect they've been on the grease proof paper for months now

Collocini looked half decent last night, league 1 is clearly his level

He'll be ok in the CCC no danger.

Paying someone £70k pw to play in the CCC is madness though.

TBF paying half of the muppets in our squad that sort of money in the prem was madness, hopefully he will be gone before the season starts

While I don't think he's particularly suited to the PL he's not as bad as people make out imo. The best back four last season was when it was a settled one of Beye-Colo-Bassong-Enrique. Taylor did well in the 2nd half of the season while Colo had a bit of a mare but the latter was no worse then than the former was early in the season. Something which seems to have been forgotten in some quarters.

The pricetag obviously hasn't helped expectations.

Of aye, he wasn't worth anything like what we paid for him which obviously doesn't help (along with the little cunt who signed him).

The pricetag obviously hasn't helped expectations.

Of aye, he wasn't worth anything like what we paid for him which obviously doesn't help (along with the little cunt who signed him).

If it had been 5m I don't think he would have got so much stick tbh.