Freeview+

Toonraider

As you guys are so clued up on this stuff please help me before I pull all of my hair out :rolleyes: I am completely in the dark here. I've always had Sky you see but now only have Freeview :razz: (cant have a sky dish where we live now)

Anyway my DVD recorder isnt great and never was really, so I want to be able to have something where I can record onto hard drive and save/delete or put onto DVD if I choose. I'd like to be able to record one channel whilst I watch another like a sky plus box. Basically I want to throw away my freeview box and DVD recorder (both rubbish) and have something that does it all. But this is where I come unstuck, what do I need? I'm so confused and the more I look online the more stressed I'm getting! Do I need to look for a Freeview + box or a DVR thingy or both? :) Does one thing do it all? as in recieve Freeview channels and record and be able to watch your own DVD's? Can someone please explain all this to me?!

Thanks in advance, a very blond Toonraider <_<

Thanks very much :rolleyes:

I'm looking at this one...as you suggested Dr K

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-PVR9300T-320...ef=cm_cd_t_pb_t

Previous models seem to have had a problems with noisy fans, this one used to but has now had an upgrade so its quiet. Shame though as the previous one with 160GB hard drive I found on PC world site for just £79!

This one has excellent reviews except you cant put what you've recorded onto a DVD :)

Edited by Toonraider