Newcastle V Birmingham.

menace13

Given

Ramage Bramble Taylor Babayaro

Solano Parker Emre N'Zogbia

Shearer Owen

Bench: Harper Elliot Faye Clark Ameobi

Boumsong not figuring. They reckon he must have been injured as he was doing different training to the rest of the squad, he was doing light stuff like swimming.

Get in!!

I never thought I'd say this, but Lowes and Anderson are even more miserable than Mick Martin. Now Justin Lockwood was bad, but at least Metro's commentary wasn't downright boring.

52997[/snapback]

Yep, today I declared myself officially insane not to cancel the subscription.

Yep, today I declared myself officially insane not to cancel the subscription.

53003[/snapback]

I cancelled mine, get an ART sport subscription and watch all the games live.

Is anyone else worried about how far inside Solano seems to wander rather than hanging on the right hand side?

53000[/snapback]

I didn't see the match, but from what I've seen in the three matches before today, I'm sure we will create a lot more opprtunities from the right once Carr is back in the side. I don't rate him highly, he's an average defender and not too good going forward either, but in terms of attacking options he's an improvement on Ramage.

I didn't see the match, but from what I've seen in the three matches before today, I'm sure we will create a lot more opprtunities from the right once Carr is back in the side. I don't rate him highly, he's an average defender and not too good going forward either, but in terms of attacking options he's an improvement on Ramage.

53008[/snapback]

Ramage is a cut above defensively though, already.

Maybe if we force them together at really high pressures we can solve the right back problem? Don't like to think about what the outcome would look like...

53008[/snapback]

Ramage is a cut above defensively though, already.

Maybe if we force them together at really high pressures we can solve the right back problem? Don't like to think about what the outcome would look like...

53010[/snapback]

one thing Ramage can learn from Carr is his crossing. He has always impressed me with his delivery.

one thing Ramage can learn from Carr is his crossing. He has always impressed me with his delivery.

53012[/snapback]

Agreed, Ramage will never be as natural down the wing as Carr and his attacking play today was atrocious. But, I liked how he was willing to take a shot on and kept his chin up after a rollicking from Shearer(?). On today's display I would think he can be offensively competent and defensively brilliant. There's not much to choose between them now.

Is anyone else worried about how far inside Solano seems to wander rather than hanging on the right hand side?

53000[/snapback]

A little bit although I thought him and N'Zogbia both tucked in more than normal to help out Parker and Emre as Birmingham had flooded the midfield. I have noticed Nobby seems to tuck in more since he's returned though.

Nobby's short quick passing has been good since he came back, his crossing (which we were desperate for) seems to be missing. I certainly can't remember him putting many in since his return.

Glad to see the I wasn't the only one who noticed Titus had been asked to play like Dan Marino, although I think he may have got Shearer and Owen mixed up...

Nobby's short quick passing has been good since he came back, his crossing (which we were desperate for) seems to be missing. I certainly can't remember him putting many in since his return.

Glad to see the I wasn't the only one who noticed Titus had been asked to play like Dan Marino, although I think he may have got Shearer and Owen mixed up...

53322[/snapback]

Aye, Bramble's long balls were ridiculous. Alex has an interesting theory about this. :D

53322[/snapback]

Aye, Bramble's long balls were ridiculous. Alex has an interesting theory about this. :D

53325[/snapback]

What's Alex's theory on Bramble's balls then or have I been whooshed?

53322[/snapback]

53325[/snapback]

What's Alex's theory on Bramble's balls then or have I been whooshed?

53328[/snapback]

He reckons Bramble just likes the look of the ball as it flies through the air. So even if there's no one there to receive a pass he just enjoys wellying it as hard as he can and then standing in awe admiring the arc and trajectory of the ball in a Forest Gump stylee.

EDIT

Bit racist if you ask me. :D

Edited by Gemmill