Bellamy

Brock Manson

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have short memories.

Our club is in a far better state than it was 12 months ago.

Less arrogance, less trouble, more professionalism, better attitude.

53052[/snapback]

Take a look at the league table. £50m spent and the club is in a better state? Yeah, ok.

Take a look at the league table. £50m spent and the club is in a better state? Yeah, ok.

53055[/snapback]

I would suggest that when you consider the fact we're 2 points of third (in an indifferent league) and what that £50 mill brought in we are definitely better off

Edited by Toonpack

53055[/snapback]

I would suggest that when you consider the fact we're 2 points of third (in an indifferent league) and what that £50 mill brought in we are definitely better off

53057[/snapback]

I would suggest that you consider the level of performances we're churning out on the field of play.

53055[/snapback]

53057[/snapback]

I would suggest that you consider the level of performances we're churning out on the field of play.

53058[/snapback]

As Al Davis would say "just win baby" or put another way

""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." Vince Lombardi

Edited by Toonpack

53055[/snapback]

53057[/snapback]

53058[/snapback]

As Al Davis would say "just win baby" or put another way

""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." Vince Lombardi

53063[/snapback]

Struggling against Birmingham at home with just about the preferred first team doesn't bode well for when the good teams like the mighty Wigan pay us a visit though.

I would  suggest that when you consider the fact we're 2 points of third (in an indifferent  league) and what that £50 mill brought in we are definitely better off

53057[/snapback]

That's a really positive outlook, and I comend you on it but it's bordering on rose tinted.

Most teams in the league have games in hand on us. In the points per game league we're 11th and if you extrapolate everyone out to 12 games using the PPG we're 4 points off third.

Pld Pts PPG PP12G

Chelsea |11 | 31| 2.81 | 33.82

Wigan |11 | 25 | 2.27 | 27.27

Arsenal |11 | 20 | 1.82 | 21.82

Spurs | 11| |20 | 1.82 | 21.82

Bolton | 11 | 20 | 1.82 |21.82

Man Utd | 10 | 18 |1.8 |21.6

Man City | 12| 20 |1.67 |20

West Ham | 11 | 18 | 1.64 |19.64

Charlton | 12 | 19 | 1.58 |19

Liverpool | 10| 16 | 1.6 |19.2

Newcastle | 12 |18 |1.5 | 18

Blackburn | 12 |17 |1.42 | 17

M'boro | 11 |15 |1.36 | 16.36

Fulham | 12 | 12 |1 |12

Pompey | 12| 10 |0.83 |10

A Villa | 11 | 9 | 0.82 |9.81

Everton | 10| |7 |0.7| 8.4

WBA |12| 8 |0.67 |8

Brum | 12| 6| 0.5 | 6

Sund'land | 12| 5 |0.42 | 5

So things are twice as bad as you think.

Edited to say: Or half as good, depending on your POV.

Edited by Happy Face

53052[/snapback]

you're right there. Does 3rd and 4th in the league, or 2nd Phase Champions League ring any bells

53052[/snapback]

you're right there. Does 3rd and 4th in the league, or 2nd Phase Champions League ring any bells

53073[/snapback]

12 months ago. :rimshot:

Do try and keep up dear.

I saw us struggle against Villa, Birmingham and get thrashed by Man U at the end of the 02/03 season.

53052[/snapback]

53073[/snapback]

12 months ago. :rimshot:

Do try and keep up dear.

I saw us struggle against Villa, Birmingham and get thrashed by Man U at the end of the 02/03 season.

53080[/snapback]

selective memory, and just opinion anyway. I happen to think another manager would have achieved a better league position than Souness, with the same players.

I would  suggest that when you consider the fact we're 2 points of third (in an indifferent  league) and what that £50 mill brought in we are definitely better off

53057[/snapback]

That's a really positive outlook, and I comend you on it but it's bordering on rose tinted.

Rose tinted, not really as it's a statstical fact.

And YES we struggled yesterday BUT we won. remember Fulham last season, gubbed em and lost, I remember playing Sheff Utd in the 70/80's (yes I AM old) and we absolutely played them off the park (lovely stuff) and got beat 3-0 (Thank you Tony Currie).

I'll take the win :rimshot:

53057[/snapback]

And YES we struggled yesterday BUT we won. remember Fulham last season, gubbed em and lost, I remember playing Sheff Utd in the 70/80's (yes I AM old) and we absolutely played them off the park (lovely stuff) and got beat 3-0 (Thank you Tony Currie).

53091[/snapback]

So we played shit and won, hurrah! Normally we play shit and lose.

How are we better off?

Edit: In the long term whole picture sense, rather than 3 points on the board for now.

Edited by Happy Face

Move on people, no point arguing about Bellamy and Robert now.

53097[/snapback]

True. But expect it to re-surface when Souness is sacked, and Bellamy moves on from Blackburn to a club more suitable to his talents, and it dawns on even the most blind and ardent Souness spin believer what we have thrown away for peanuts of his value.

53057[/snapback]

53091[/snapback]

So we played shit and won, hurrah! Normally we play shit and lose.

How are we better off?

Edit: In the long term whole picture sense, rather than 3 points on the board for now.

53092[/snapback]

We've got better players IMO, and from a points on the board perspective we've only got a few less than almost everyone else, or a few more if you want to be a pessimist.

After yesterday we really shouldn't get worse (yet we won) SO we should get better therefore currently we are "competitive" with everyone else (bar one) and hopfully the only way is up.

As ever time will tell which way we are really going, for me - I'm more hopefull than dissenchanted.

Well as hopefull as a follower of his team can be given our history.

We've got better players IMO, and from a points on the board perspective we've only got a few less than almost everyone else, or a few more if you want to be a pessimist.

After yesterday we really shouldn't get worse (yet we won) SO we should get better therefore currently we are "competitive" with everyone else (bar one) and hopfully the only way is up.

As ever time will tell which way we are really going, for me - I'm more hopefull than dissenchanted.

53107[/snapback]

Agree the squad is generally better now but 12 months ago we had Souness and we still do so I can't say the club is better off. Robsons management of an average squad was better than Souness' management of a good one is.

WE'VE HAD ABOUT 4 FUCKING GAMES IN 2 WEEKS!

The players can't be razor-sharp every game especially if most of them have/are coming back from injuries. They also haven't had the opportunity to play in a game situation very often have they?

Things will no doubt improve, they'd better in terms of we're 50 million short but whinging about not outplaying Birmingham isn't going to help is it?

That isn't rose-tinted specs, that's a bloody fact. :rimshot:

53107[/snapback]

Agree the squad is generally better now but 12 months ago we had Souness and we still do so I can't say the club is better off. Robsons management of an average squad was better than Souness' management of a good one is.

53128[/snapback]

So...what you mean is - we will not really be better off until Souness is binned ?

53107[/snapback]

53128[/snapback]

So...what you mean is - we will not really be better off until Souness is binned ?

53154[/snapback]

I know the idea is revolutionary and I hate to be the first to say it, but yes, I think Souness should be sacked

53107[/snapback]

53128[/snapback]

53154[/snapback]

I know the idea is revolutionary and I hate to be the first to say it, but yes, I think Souness should be sacked

53155[/snapback]

Now would be the PERFECT time too! :rimshot:

Now would be the PERFECT time too!  :rimshot:

53173[/snapback]

I don't think he'll get us relegated, but another bottom half finish should be enough for him to get the boot so any time before the start of next season is fine by me.