Bellamy

Brock Manson

Pathetic. It amazes me how much of a boring cunt LeazesMag is :lol:

When exactly is somebody going to do better than the hopeless Fred !

Please explain what is difficult to comprend ?

Whats the betting nobdy replies ?

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care when you - or anybody else "saw the light" - so long as you admit that you enjoyed it at the time [waste of time ? fuck me sideways] and concede it may be a while before it happens again, because it has turned out that "anybody but Fred" did NOT in fact do better.

The club is in decline, and it is in decline, because Mike Ashley has lowered the profiles and expectations of the club, after FRED and the Halls actually got most things right, which like it or not, is the truth. It may not fit in with their hatred based rather than factual based "opinion", but its the truth.

It's in decline because FFS and the Halls raped the club, some of us woke up to that, some never will.

rubbish. As I said, you and those dopes on here and skunkers who still back Ashley [but not with their cash] and beat the ex owners with any stick they can think of, never said it at the time, they ALL said "anybody would do better".

Thats the truth.

As said earlier, "at the time" you don't know the facts, that comes later.

As for the rest, anyone with deep pockets, and yes that is the truth.

The clubs performance level on the pitch today is no different from FFS last day, the fucking finances are about a hundred million times better.

Sol. You moved the goalposts later ?

:lol:

Jesus Christ Leazes! it's gone two in the morning, you don't work shifts, what the hell are you bothered about this nonsense at this un-godly hour for?!

fwiw, I think you're the only person who thinks it's impossible for someone to do better than Fred. It may be the case that you'll not live long enough to see better than his reign, especially given you're unhealthy obsession and baleful rage.

However, for the most of us, we can easily imagine a time after Ashley, and probably someone after that too. Shepherd won't be the last ambitious owner we have, Ashley won't be the last cunt who owns the club.

MOVE ON

Tbf, deep breath here, Im going to agree with LM on this one.

the point he is making is that at the time, when we were "riding high", how many of us gave a fuck about the finances? How many thought "careful Fred, can we afford to be pushing for the champions league here?", how many of us (I know I was) were spitting in fury at our season of "keeping our powder dry" when we all wanted further investment. It's easy to look back now and say "you were wrong Fred", but tbf, we were all happy at the time. I know I was.

the point he is making is that at the time, when we were "riding high", how many of us gave a fuck about the finances? How many thought "careful Fred, can we afford to be pushing for the champions league here?", how many of us (I know I was) were spitting in fury at our season of "keeping our powder dry" when we all wanted further investment. It's easy to look back now and say "you were wrong Fred", but tbf, we were all happy at the time. I know I was.

Thing is though, we didn't give a fuck about the finances back then, because, no-one did, it didn't register in your consciousness, it was the gravy train that kept on giving. Then Leeds happened.

Small clubs, or rather lower league clubs, had always struggled. No-one disected club accounts or even conceived of "where's the money comming from", it was just there, so must be fine. but all of a sudden, one of the "big boys" went. That made people stop and think and then football finance actually became a topic of conversation, it never had been previously to any great degree.

bit like when mam and dad used to take us out for trips in that new car and those fun holidays in Florida not too mention all those new plasmas and laptops!!!!!

If only we'd known had remorgaged the house, cashed in a few life policies and used the local loan shark to pay for it.

Still, we were happy at the time.

Put him on ignore. Ive enjoyed this place far more since i have.

Like a lot of things the truth is in the middle, yes the former regime raped the club, yes they took the piss out the fans (I voted with my feet) however we did have alot of fun along the way. The current regime seemed to start off well, the winds of change were blowing up the Tyne and I liked most were looking forward to the future, however as we know things have gone shit shaped and this owner seems vindictive in his piss taking, he's had good reason, holding up banners calling him a rapist won't endear the fans to him so who can blame him.

He has no interest in challenging for honours here, he wants the club breaking even so he doesn't have to sink anymore money into it, it's really that simple, he will sell any player for the right price and he will buy tat that he thinks will continue to hold onto priemership status, job done

Put him on ignore. Ive enjoyed this place far more since i have.

I quite enjoy seeing you now saying what I told you years ago that you gave me flak for :D

Thing is though, we didn't give a fuck about the finances back then, because, no-one did, it didn't register in your consciousness, it was the gravy train that kept on giving. Then Leeds happened.

Small clubs, or rather lower league clubs, had always struggled. No-one disected club accounts or even conceived of "where's the money comming from", it was just there, so must be fine. but all of a sudden, one of the "big boys" went. That made people stop and think and then football finance actually became a topic of conversation, it never had been previously to any great degree.

1. Leeds' slide started 3 years before you made that post.

2. Leeds are nothing to do with us.

3. We are also twice the club Leeds are.

Stop making excuses man.

Jesus Christ Leazes! it's gone two in the morning, you don't work shifts, what the hell are you bothered about this nonsense at this un-godly hour for?!

fwiw, I think you're the only person who thinks it's impossible for someone to do better than Fred.

you won't find me saying that anywhere, in fact I've said dozens of times [he] they made mistakes. Everybody does.

1. Leeds' slide started 3 years before you made that post.

2. Leeds are nothing to do with us.

3. We are also twice the club Leeds are.

Stop making excuses man.

When did they go into Admin ??

When did football finance become a topic of interest/conversation/news ??

When I was growing up Leeds and Liverpool were "the" clubs, Leeds demise was BIG news.

Excuses for what - I was wrong :lol:

Thing with Leeds was they they spent well past their means to get into the Champions League and failed. (and goldfish wasnt it? :lol: ). IIrc that was the start of their demise. Im sure (this is my memory we are relying on here, not so good...) that people did question us at the time saying we could do a Leeds but we never did. Our decline was more gradual due to managerial fuck ups. We recovered under Robson but purchases were mixed (for every Robert we had a Viana) and millions were wasted. Perhaps after SBR left and we still seemed to be ploughing millions to the manager (who you have to get behind and they did). Fat Sam made some canny signings tbf but the football was awful and the new owner didnt like it. I agree at the time of purchase the finances were poor, but I disagree we were about to go under. Many have disregarded that remark to say this club would always have been picked up and turned around so to speak. Anyway, thats a side issue. The point the wheel started coming off purely in my opinion was when we got rid of SBR and replaced him with a total wanker. He dismantled the team when he was meant to solve a small problem of attitude. He was as bad if not worse than the players and rather than solve it he just got rid.

Thing with Leeds was they they spent well past their means to get into the Champions League and failed. (and goldfish wasnt it? :lol: ). IIrc that was the start of their demise. Im sure (this is my memory we are relying on here, not so good...) that people did question us at the time saying we could do a Leeds but we never did. Our decline was more gradual due to managerial fuck ups. We recovered under Robson but purchases were mixed (for every Robert we had a Viana) and millions were wasted. Perhaps after SBR left and we still seemed to be ploughing millions to the manager (who you have to get behind and they did). Fat Sam made some canny signings tbf but the football was awful and the new owner didnt like it. I agree at the time of purchase the finances were poor, but I disagree we were about to go under. Many have disregarded that remark to say this club would always have been picked up and turned around so to speak. Anyway, thats a side issue. The point the wheel started coming off purely in my opinion was when we got rid of SBR and replaced him with a total wanker. He dismantled the team when he was meant to solve a small problem of attitude. He was as bad if not worse than the players and rather than solve it he just got rid.

largely agree, speculating that we would have gone into admin is only scaremongering, we didn't. Most clubs could go into administration, but don't. We got relegated anyway, if you go into administration you normally are relegated but come back again don't you ? We were a damn sight nearer administration in 1991 than we ever were under the Halls and Shepherd, and what brought that around was long term apathy and decline. The thing is, football is like life, enjoy the good times, this doesn't mean go mad and lose discipline, but enjoy it while you can.

No doubt Souness was a wanker and a terrible appointment, no doubt at all.

The thing about Leeds is, and because I lived in Scarborough at the time, I actually know Leeds supporters and said to them [mates] that I thought they were overspending and being totally reckless under O'Leary and Ridsdale and couldn't sustain it - I also said that they couldn't sustain it because they were a smaller club than us :D [yes I did] but they enjoyed it at the time, they went to Barcelona, Madrid, San Siro etc, just like us, but my main view was that O'Leary was mostly to blame because he wasted the money, he spent too much money on players which were no better than what they already had in too many cases, and yes, Ridsdale should have realised this and stopped backing him and exercised more restraint. However the Leeds supporters were on a roll and certainly didn't accept they were a smaller club than we were.

They had a talk in about a year ago at what was then my local, and Peter Lorimer, Allan Clarke and another player - maybe Paul Reaney - were there, but I didn't go because I didn't really want to listen to Leeds supporters, anyway somebody said something about big clubs etc, and Allan Clarke said "Newcastle will never be as big as Leeds" [so I was told]. What a twat.

Anyway, the point is that I don't accept people quoting Leeds at me as an example of what would happen, because we aren't Leeds. What happened to Leeds has nothing to do with anybody else. Sure it could happen, but equally what happened to Liverpool, Spurs [and Newcastle :D under Keegan and Bobby Robson] could happen to somebody else too.

It all boils down in the end to the players, if players perform on the pitch then you get value for money, its only a problem if the manager buys and sells badly.