How far was yesterday away from....

Howaythelads

I reckon this debate is set to go on for pages and be really really boring.

:D :D

53460[/snapback]

Well, it's more entertaining than the matches though. Do you want any instructions for paper planes...

And to criticize Keegan for the odd game that was lost under his reign is the most hilarous thing I have read in ages.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:redcard::D

53460[/snapback]

I quite agree....

Love the way i'm 'not allowed' to compare us to Chelsea like....

But then again it DOES destroy their argument somewhat :D

53461[/snapback]

Your taking the piss, right? :D

You didn't even see us play and you are comparing us to Chelsea. :puke:

53464[/snapback]

I forgot you're a fully paid member of the "you don't go to games so you can't possibly comment" club :puke:

The Chelsea comment may be in the extreme fair enough, but the point behind it was that all teams can play shite and still grind out results.

Our performance wasn't good - i've never argued that but then again, I'm not allowed to comment because I wasn't breathing in air from an NE1 post-code.

But if we play shite and still win, we've got to be thankful and not fucking moan on about it!

:redcard::D

53460[/snapback]

I quite agree....

Love the way i'm 'not allowed' to compare us to Chelsea like....

But then again it DOES destroy their argument somewhat :D

53461[/snapback]

Your taking the piss, right? :D

You didn't even see us play and you are comparing us to Chelsea. :puke:

53464[/snapback]

I forgot you're a fully paid member of the "you don't go to games so you can't possibly comment" club :puke:

The Chelsea comment may be in the extreme fair enough, but the point behind it was that all teams can play shite and still grind out results.

Our performance wasn't good - i've never argued that but then again, I'm not allowed to comment because I wasn't breathing in air from an NE1 post-code.

But if we play shite and still win, we've got to be thankful and not fucking moan on about it!

53468[/snapback]

I'm not into all that superfan shit Craig, I know you have very valid reasons why you can't go, but, at the same time, it means you are unqualified to comment on the team's performance. And that is the subject of discussion, this being a football, message board, after all.

I'll tell you what, let's chat about the result. I believe we won 1-0. Erm....

P.S. I do seem to remember you saying you weren't allowed to be a fan unless you knew the significance of certain dates in the club's history, but never mind.

To be honest Craig, I was over the moon we won, but we won't do much if we play like that very week. I think that's all people are saying. Anyway, you know Renton loves a moan :D

I'm not into all that superfan shit Craig, I know you have very valid reasons why you can't go, but, at the same time, it means you are unqualified to comment on the team's performance. And that is the subject of discussion, this being a football, message board, after all.

53470[/snapback]

So if you're not inside the ground, you unqualified to comment on performance? (not that I have actually challenged your view on that at all, but never mind).

That sounds awfully close to all that superfan shit to me! :D

P.S. I do seem to remember you saying you weren't allowed to be a fan unless you knew the significance of certain dates in the club's history, but never mind.

53470[/snapback]

I think you'll find that wasn't me but the admin of another certain Newcastle United forum, not that I'm splitting hairs like! :D

I dont see where the issue is. You can be pleased with the win but still be concerned about the longer term because of the standard of the performance. You cant compare us to Chelsea because its not one bad game in isolation, we havent played 'good' football for a long long time. Even when Chelsea haven't played particularly well they're still a solid tough team which we aren't.

No team has ever had success from playing poorly no matter how many lucky results they grind out.

53470[/snapback]

So if you're not inside the ground, you unqualified to comment on performance? (not that I have actually challenged your view on that at all, but never mind).

53470[/snapback]

I think you'll find that wasn't me but the admin of another certain Newcastle United forum, not that I'm splitting hairs like! :D

53477[/snapback]

Bollocks, I'm not being a superfan! How can you comment on something you haven't seen? If you had watched it on the telly then fair enough, but listening to it on the radio means you are taking the commentators word for what is happening.

I don't think I have ever offered an opinion on a match I haven't seen, but no doubt some sneaky sod will prove me wrong!

In conclusion, we can all agree we're a bit shit this season but through luck and organisation we've battled to 18 points. We still look a canny way off challenging for anything, but we'll not get relegated cos there's a canny bit of shite around worse than us. Right, lock the bastid.

53470[/snapback]

53470[/snapback]

53477[/snapback]

Bollocks, I'm not being a superfan! How can you comment on something you haven't seen? If you had watched it on the telly then fair enough, but listening to it on the radio means you are taking the commentators word for what is happening.

I don't think I have ever offered an opinion on a match I haven't seen, but no doubt some sneaky sod will prove me wrong!

53480[/snapback]

I re-iterate.....

I'm haven't passed comment on the performance. You said we played shit and I haven't suggested otherwise (but keep arguing the fact that I have won't you?)

Renton man you could start an argument in an empty room!

53470[/snapback]

That sounds awfully close to all that superfan shit to me! :puke:

53470[/snapback]

53477[/snapback]

53480[/snapback]

I re-iterate.....

I'm haven't passed comment on the performance. You said we played shit and I haven't suggested otherwise (but keep arguing the fact that I have won't you?)

Renton man you could start an argument in an empty room!

53483[/snapback]

Takes two to argue Craig, but point taken. :redcard:

Lets have a group hug. :D

Edit: that hom SLP has beaten me to it! :D

Edited by Renton

I would suggest you two meet up pre-match to sort out your differences but Craig doesn't even go to the bloody games :D

53489[/snapback]

:D

I'm just following you around laughing at your jokes tbh. :D

53490[/snapback]

Doesn't everyone?

I would suggest you two meet up pre-match to sort out your differences but Craig doesn't even go to the bloody games :D

53489[/snapback]

I know, fucking terrible isn't it? :D