C.C.C. TEAMS - UNBIASED ASSESSMENT.......

accadacca

WBA - good manager, but have lost a few players from last season - Robinson, Fortune, the loanee from Arsenal, and probably Greening. Def' top 6.

BORO - losing what little quality they had and bringing in cheapos - accident waiting to happen - will be nearer bottom than top.

CARDIFF - have strengthened and look to be top 6 material but if McCormack and Ledley go could just finish outside

PRESTON - one season wonders - no chance of doing it again and have sold most influential player to Forest - 8th/9th for them

FOREST - have brought in loads of players in complete revamp. Davies knows this divsion and for me def' top 6.

READING - unproven but highly rated new manager. Need to replace a few and havent done so. Home record will ensure they are up there but if Hunt goes and isnt replaced, no chance of top 6.

SHEFF UTD - very strong team physically and decent boss in Blackwell . Have made couple of decent signings, strong squad by CCC standards and top 2 for me.

SHEFF WED - have made 3 good signings but still not strong enough to make top 8 - if Tudgay goes, they really will struggle again.

LEICESTER - lots of additions and could be a surprise package. Good manager and passionate home crowd - just outside top 6 for me.

IPSWICH - lightweight squad and have RK's volatility to upset the apple cart. Strapped for cash - may just scrape top 6 but will be close.

DERBY - have hardly heard of any of their players, and signing lower division players - no chance of top 8.

QPR - plenty money backing them, but wtf is Magilton doing managing them ? Couple of decent signings so far and may just make the play offs.

BRISTOL CITY - very busy in transfer market with decent manager - def in with shout of play offs - dodgy ground to go to as well esp in the 70's and 80's.

SWANSEA -will try and play football under Sousa but losing Scotland is a blow - top 10.

The amount of no hopers is unbelievable - Scunthorpe, Coventry {sold all their best players so far !}, Plymouth, Peterboro,

Barnsley {5000 allocation !!}, Doncaster, Palace, Watford and Blackpool.

The Town top, Sheff Utd 2nd, WBA 3rd, Forest 4th, Bristol City 5th and QPR 6th.

Nowt to beat man - roll on 16 days time. <_<

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BORO - losing what little quality they had and bringing in cheapos - accident waiting to happen - will be nearer bottom than top.

yer forgetting boro's youth team which is FUCKIN' MINT!!! Honestly see them doing better than us!! <_<

yer forgetting boro's youth team which is FUCKIN' MINT!!! Honestly see them doing better than us!! <_<

+1

With their local lads, up-and-coming youth team players, stable and sensible owner & manager they are in far better position than us.

WBA - good manager, but have lost a few players from last season - Robinson, Fortune, the loanee from Arsenal, and probably Greening. Def' top 6.

CARDIFF - have strengthened and look to be top 6 material but if McCormack and Ledley go could just finish outside

PRESTON - one season wonders - no chance of doing it again and have sold most influential player to Forest - 8th/9th for them

FOREST - have brought in loads of players in complete revamp. Davies knows this divsion and for me def' top 6.

READING - unproven but highly rated new manager. Need to replace a few and havent done so. Home record will ensure they are up there but if Hunt goes and isnt replaced, no chance of top 6.

SHEFF UTD - very strong team physically and decent boss in Blackwell . Have made couple of decent signings, strong squad by CCC standards and top 2 for me.

SHEFF WED - have made 3 good signings but still not strong enough to make top 8 - if Tudgay goes, they really will struggle again.

LEICESTER - lots of additions and could be a surprise package. Good manager and passionate home crowd - just outside top 6 for me.

IPSWICH - lightweight squad and have RK's volatility to upset the apple cart. Strapped for cash - may just scrape top 6 but will be close.

DERBY - have hardly heard of any of their players, and signing lower division players - no chance of top 8.

QPR - plenty money backing them, but wtf is Magilton doing managing them ? Couple of decent signings so far and may just make the play offs.

BRISTOL CITY - very busy in transfer market with decent manager - def in with shout of play offs - dodgy ground to go to as well esp in the 70's and 80's.

SWANSEA -will try and play football under Sousa but losing Scotland is a blow - top 10.

The amount of no hopers is unbelievable - Scunthorpe, Coventry {sold all their best players so far !}, Plymouth, Peterboro,

Nowt to beat man - roll on 16 days time. :omgwank:

I think WBA will be champions. Boro will be in the top 6, Sheff U will not make automatic promotion and will fail again in the playoffs, Reading won't make top 6, Sheff Wed will never be near promotion again, QPR's owners are as stupid as ours is and I don't think they will ever have the stability to go along with their cash, Ipswich will not make the top 6, Forest are a good shout, and Palace might be a surprise.

That's mystic ATP's evaluation of our opponents. <_<

Nowt to beat man - roll on 16 days time. <_<

nice optimism, but blind optimism.

As things stand, NUFC with no direction, no owner who wants the club, no manager, half the players need to be shown the door, and replaced by a bigger number who want to be here, are sad to say, relegation material.

And to think only 2 year ago, we were considered one of the premierships leadign clubs with the possibility of relegation a total no brainer.

where's your assesment of the rudderless, sinking ship that is nufc?

My assessment is as posted elsewhere before.

Allowing for Martins, Bassong and Beye to go, the back 5 of Harps, Taylor twins, Colo and Enrique will be far too strong for most attacks.

The midfield of Duff, Barton/Smith, Nolan/Butt and Jonas/Guthrie will more than hold its own.

Upfront, Carroll will prosper if given some decent ball, whilst the CCC is Ameobi's level. Ranger is ready to make the step up if Shola fails which he won't.

Contrary to the doom mongers on here, I think there will be a real determination on the players part to make amends next season even with Hughton/Calderwood in charge.

The title will not be won ''by a mile'', but it will be won as there is no one strong enough in the league to out do the above squad if only the 3 named are lost.

If S. Taylor goes along with Barton and Duff, then it will be top 6 at best.

Given the midfield you list above, where are these balls for Carroll coming from?

Harper?

And who is going to orchestrate this magnificent turnaround?

Shearer? No

JFK? Ha ha ha

Hughton and Calderwood? ffs

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Given the midfield you list above, where are these balls for Carroll coming from?

Harper?And who is going to orchestrate this magnificent turnaround?

Shearer? No

JFK? Ha ha ha

Duff and Jonas.

Harper?And who is going to orchestrate this magnificent turnaround?

Shearer? No

JFK? Ha ha ha

Duff and Jonas.

<_<:omgwank: aye nice one

cheered me right up

keep em coming

Managers next please

We need some out and out wingers to provide the balls in, even at CCC level I'd think Duff was too slow and Jonas can't cross for toffee. Besides which they all want out, potentially if all our current players play as well as they can when motivated and trained properly we might be okay but without a bit more creativity we just won't score the goals needed.

We've struggled against lower opposition in the cup for years now like, don't see why that's going to change now. I'll be amazed if we walk the league as suggested, I'll be massively surprised if we get anywhere near the play offs.

We need some out and out wingers to provide the balls in, even at CCC level I'd think Duff was too slow and Jonas can't cross for toffee. Besides which they all want out, potentially if all our current players play as well as they can when motivated and trained properly we might be okay but without a bit more creativity we just won't score the goals needed.

Duff will do well at this level and Jonas will be long gone see Lua Lua on the right wing for most of the season myself, but same as last couple of years unless one of the youngsters steps up to the plate we haven't got a central midfielder capable of finding a black and white shirt with a pass of any description.

If we lose most of the deadwood and some of the youngsters deliver at this level (if you've watched the stiffs lately there is a good chance they will) we have a very good chance of getting at least a play off berth.

Make no mistake the Fizzy pop is a very very poor league!

Duff will do well at this level and Jonas will be long gone see Lua Lua on the right wing for most of the season myself, but same as last couple of years unless one of the youngsters steps up to the plate we haven't got a central midfielder capable of finding a black and white shirt with a pass of any description.

If we lose most of the deadwood and some of the youngsters deliver at this level (if you've watched the stiffs lately there is a good chance they will) we have a very good chance of getting at least a play off berth.

Make no mistake the Fizzy pop is a very very poor league!

Exactly, but the way the whingers are on here are gannin on, you'd think it was Serie A ffs. <_<

things were so bad under the last owners like

That's a bit unfair, the last owners did pretty well in comparison.

things were so bad under the last owners like

That's a bit unfair, the last owners did pretty well in comparison.

Aye, Fat Fred did very well out of it, prolly why he wants to get his piggy bank back of Ashley for a pittance

Coventry still have Kieren Westwood one of the best goalkeepers in the league, Elliot Ward and Aron Gunnarsson. The only good player they've sold this summer is Scott Dann, not to mention they have a very good manager. Plymouth have never been relegated from The Championship even when Ian Holloway left and their whole team was gutted of quality, now managed by Paul Sturrock whose teams are always tough to beat. Peterborough have won 2 promotions on the spin in Darren Ferguson's first 2 full seasons of management, with that kind of upward trajectory I don't see how you can call them no hopers. Doncaster play great football and once they'd adapted to the division last year went from rock bottom whipping boys to a very respectable 14th, maintain that form from the start and they'll be top half. Palace is a truly bizarre shout, Freddie Sears and Darren Ambrose in alongside the likes of Clint Hill, Jose Fonte and Victor Moses and now that Warnock has had the time to drill his style into the team they could be playoff contenders. Watford have an unknown quantity as manager and some very good players like John Joe O'Toole, Jobi McAnuff and Jay DeMerit, it's not as if there's no hope for them either.

Point is The Championship is unpredictable, there are any number of reasons why any team in the division could do well or poorly over a season. Who'd have said that Charlton, a stable Premiership club for the best part of a decade, managed by the man who took West Ham up, then to Premiership mid table and seconds away from the FA Cup would be so abysmal last year. The season Watford went up under Boothroyd they were nailed on favourites for relegation, there's dozens of examples. It's not a poor poor league like somebody said, but it shouldn't be too daunting either, after all it's a league where Michael Chopra will get you 20 goals a season. My main worry is that Nicky Butt develops further delusions of footballing ability and tries to stroke and pirouette his way around the division.