SKY News: Newcastle United is not worth a penny

Jimbo

Be interested to see the calculations from the forecast £57M loss, e.g. assuming no transfers in or out from now on (not realistic I know) would give a wage bill of approx £60M and allowing £20M for other costs would give an approx cost base of £80M, so a loss of £57M would mean an income of only £23M in total wich is a tad unrealistic.

got to agree with you again.

Turnover will be at least £35m and this will increase when Shearer arrives as he will sell 10,000 s/t no problem.

When he arrives other income will flow in via merchandising, box sales, footfall increase etc.

£57m ? More media speculation.

Everyone knows that the ''books'' will look bad and there are precious few real assets other than the players, but there is no chance he is going to let it go for £50m - no chance.

Selling Beye, Martins and Bassong will bring in £16m alone.

S. Taylor is worth another £6m, Colo £5m, Jonas £5m, Enrique £3m, Duff £3m, Nolan £3m, Barton £5m, Smith £4m, Guthrie £2m, R. Taylor £1m, Harper £2m, Carroll £1m, Ameobi £1m, Geremi nowt, Butt nowt, and Xisco £2m.

Total worth of player assets = £58m.

Training ground and land across from SJP = £10M ??

THERE'S NEARLY £70M FOR STARTERS.

Someone's had their nose in the Tipp-Ex bottle tbh

what exactly do you disagree with ???

I think we will hear nothing till the club is sold, not how it is going Ashley does not care about the fans or the club, he just wants as much money as he can get, and unfortunately it could take along time to sell and in the mean time I think no players will comke or go because if we sell players the club will be worth less as at the minute the club is on sale for 100 million if that is true for all the club and players and no manager. so it may get worst before it get better

Be interested to see the calculations from the forecast £57M loss, e.g. assuming no transfers in or out from now on (not realistic I know) would give a wage bill of approx £60M and allowing £20M for other costs would give an approx cost base of £80M, so a loss of £57M would mean an income of only £23M in total wich is a tad unrealistic.

Turnover will be at least £35m and this will increase when Shearer arrives as he will sell 10,000 s/t no problem.

When he arrives other income will flow in via merchandising, box sales, footfall increase etc.

Everyone knows that the ''books'' will look bad and there are precious few real assets other than the players, but there is no chance he is going to let it go for £50m - no chance.

S. Taylor is worth another £6m, Colo £5m, Jonas £5m, Enrique £3m, Duff £3m, Nolan £3m, Barton £5m, Smith £4m, Guthrie £2m, R. Taylor £1m, Harper £2m, Carroll £1m, Ameobi £1m, Geremi nowt, Butt nowt, and Xisco £2m.

???? in the real world, beye in his 30's 1.5 -2m tops.................bassong 4.5-5m tops......................95k per week wages martins is'nt finding a buyer.

you'd have to be on something stronger than tippex to think there's 16m worth there. Duff 3m with his wages????????? Really think you should think more along the lines of just getting them off the books without fees, the longer you keep shite on silly money the worse it gets.

Edited by SAM RED ADAIR ALLARDYCE

???? in the real world, beye in his 30's 1.5 -2m tops.................bassong 4.5-5m tops......................95k per week wages martins is'nt finding a buyer.

you'd have to be on something stronger than tippex to think there's 16m worth there. Duff 3m with his wages????????? Really think you should think more along the lines of just getting them off the books without fees, the longer you keep shite on silly money the worse it gets.

Lmao, £4m-£5m for Bassong <_<

£65k per week marra - £16m for the 3 of them is realistic imo but we'll find out for sure in next few weeks.

In post-Adebayor market I'd value Martins at least £15m, Bassong the same

Are Man City after them both like? :lol: You'd be lucky to get half that for Martins.

Edited by alex

Are Man City after them both like? :lol: You'd be lucky to get half that for Martins.

Whatever we sell him for I hope they ask for cash on the nail, not over 3 years interest free :icon_lol:

Whatever we sell him for I hope they ask for cash on the nail, not over 3 years interest free :icon_lol:

He'll be awesome in the Championship for the 25% of games when he's something like full match fitness.

I have been on my hols for a couple of weeks and just got back, and trying to catch up, what is happening, are we any closer to finding out if the club is going to be sold...? three weeks ago it was almost a done deal have we had anything further..... or are just looking down a barrel.