Dundee United Pre Season Friendly

nodrick

hi there, just wondering if any of you on here were planning on going to the game against Dundee United next Sunday. Me and a mate from Edinburgh are going, travelling up in the morning on the megabus. Any good pre match pubs to visit or where are the toon fans going to be before the game?? thanks

Guest Stevie

We've got loads of Scottish toon fans. Makes me laugh when people say we only have support in the NE. Any London game a toon away end sounds half cockney, and I bet it;'s the same on Sunday.

We might stand a chance -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/8172651.stm

Dundee United have suffered a double blow - being forced to seek a new goalkeeper and losing their latest signing to injury.

Striker Damian Casalinuovo, who joined United last week, dislocated a shoulder playing in a pre-season friendly.

Meanwhile, manager Craig Levein is looking to sign a goalkeeper on a short-term contract.

Dusan Pernis has signed a pre-contract deal, but Zilina are demanding a fee to allow him to leave before January.

United had hoped to bring forward the arrival of the 24-year-old Slovakian, but talks with his club have faltered.

Levein lost their own first choice, Lukasz Zaluska, who had signed a pre-contract agreement with Celtic, at the end of the season.

Michael McGovern was allowed to leave for Ross County, while last year's third choice, John Gibson, was freed.

Former Dundee goalkeeper Derek Soutar had been given training facilities but is expected to head for a club in Hungary.

Veteran former Hearts goalkeeper Steve Banks, who is United's new goalkeeping coach, has been the man in possession of the jersey during the pre-season trip to Ireland.

Andis Shala grabbed a double in the latest match - a 4-0 win over Kildare during which Casalinuovo was injured - with Andy Webster and Garry Kenneth scoring the other goals.

It is not yet known how long the 22-year-old Argentinian will be out of action for with his shoulder injury, but it could be a couple of weeks before he returns to training.

It adds to Levein's striking woes, with three front men, Francisco Sandaza, Jon Daly and Kevin Smith, having already been ruled out through injury.

Bars to try

Frews on Dens Road

Whites on the corner of Clepington Road & Provost Road

Three Barrels on Strathmartine Road

All are a 5 or 10 mins walk from Tannadice and are decent bars particularly Frews although that isn't the biggest bar in the world

In the town centre head for the bars on the Perth Road or the Westport area (Coyles, the Globe, the Westport, the Ascot ) about a 5 or 10 min walk from the city centre

To be honest Dundee isn't the biggest place in the world and everything only seems to be about 5 or 10 mins away

Will there be an option to pay at the gate on Sunday?

Was going to ask the same. I'm in Dundee over the weekend, so will be heading along.

Centenary Bar on Clepington Road is normally where we go for Aberdeen games. It's on two levels and the United fans get the bottom while we got the top. Normally quite fun.

Really looking forward to tommorrow.

I've been a newcastle fan since the first Keegan reign. All my mates follow Liverpool and Man Utd so god knows why I plumped for the Toon as a young kid. Every season I would say I would head down to Newcastle for a game ( I'm in Fife so I'ts no massive trek) but still to this day ive never been at St James for a game. However this off all seasons to choose from Ive decided to get to as many games as possible starting with the friendly up at Tannadice.

My next game should be the Leciester game. What part of SJP would you's recommend?

Really looking forward to tommorrow.

I've been a newcastle fan since the first Keegan reign. All my mates follow Liverpool and Man Utd so god knows why I plumped for the Toon as a young kid. Every season I would say I would head down to Newcastle for a game ( I'm in Fife so I'ts no massive trek) but still to this day ive never been at St James for a game. However this off all seasons to choose from Ive decided to get to as many games as possible starting with the friendly up at Tannadice.

My next game should be the Leciester game. What part of SJP would you's recommend?

Leazes Corner - Majority of chanting takes place and next to the away fans.

[Comment From LocalHero]

Ryan's delivery of a dead ball is absolutely unbelievable. It is as good as anyone I've ever seen, ever worked with or been associated with – and that includes a certain gent who now plays in America

Reading these comments is starting to break down my faith in humanity. :jesuswept:

Lee Ryder: Nolan crossed for Barton but it fell for Carroll.

He tested Banks who dropped the ball and Carroll slotted it into the unguarded net from close range.

It's Carroll's second of the pre-season.