What can be done???

AmericanMag

After the debacle at Leyton Orient and the lies that have been coming out of St. James Park I have been wondering what can be done by the fans at this point? Boycott? Protests?

I remember when the issues first started and the debate over the protests (coming into the matches late, turning our backs to the pitch) were all shot down because there was worry that it would affect the morale of the players. Would that be a factor anymore since one of the current debates are whether or not they have morale or the bottle to put in a performance (if that is actually a debate anymore).

As for protests, at the time there was very little organization and more of a division of opinions where people were willing to give MA more time or whatever. Is that still the case? NUSC has made strides since then in terms of organization and size, can something be done in that vein to show the disapproval?

Just wondering....

The only thing that will make an impact on Ashley is to reduce his income from the club

That means not buying food and drink at the ground, not buying any merchandise, and ultimately staying away from matches

The last one is tough but it's the only one which as well as hitting his wallet would be guaranteed to be visible and so raise some profile. News of trouble with the fans and visible empty seats on a large scale will impact on saleability so may force Ashley's hand

I should add - any match boycott should apply only to home games

Edited by johnthebrief

Powerless short of hurting the club even more anyway, although I suppose it might be for the good of it in the long run.

Powerless short of hurting the club even more anyway, although I suppose it might be for the good of it in the long run.

Cruel to be kind, so to speak

Aye, I think it's about the only thing which might work although I'd be worried about him taking the club to the cleaners and winding it up. Not sure how real a possibility that is but I'm half of the opinion he's being deliberately vindictive now. He certainly has no allegiance to the club beyond the money he has tied up in the place.

Aye, I think it's about the only thing which might work although I'd be worried about him taking the club to the cleaners and winding it up. Not sure how real a possibility that is but I'm half of the opinion he's being deliberately vindictive now. He certainly has no allegiance to the club beyond the money he has tied up in the place.

I think he's gone a bit mad, which often happens when barrow boys suddenly come into a lot of cash. Think Rogue Trader. :lol:

I think he's gone a bit mad, which often happens when barrow boys suddenly come into a lot of cash. Think Rogue Trader. :lol:

I think he's very impetuous. I don't think that's changed although things have obviously started to go tits up left, right and centre for him which has perhaps made him behave irrationally. I think he bought the club on a whim for example. Especially when you consider the lack of due dilligence. Admittedly I'm not even sure what that entails exactly but I get the feeling it wasn't the best idea to give it a miss.

One thing that has become apparent is that any attempt to limit money going to Ashley via boycotts is just picked up by the press as Newcastle fans being fickle in their following of the club. The main point being that a stay-away policy or drop in revenues could be unattractive to any potential new owners and could aid in putting them off.

It's a sad state to be in but I fear we're lumbered with the useless fat prick until he either destroys the club or a miracle happens and his single brain cell becomes active and he understands he's not going to get the money he thinks he should for the club.

I can't see him deliberately putting the club down - most of the value in the club, the goodwill, is in the future season and match ticket sales

I don't think he relegated us on purpose, that's giving him too much credit. His actions since then seem to me almost deliberate in fucking things up at the club though. Perhaps he's just fucking clueless. I'm not sure what's worse.

I think he's very impetuous. I don't think that's changed although things have obviously started to go tits up left, right and centre for him which has perhaps made him behave irrationally. I think he bought the club on a whim for example. Especially when you consider the lack of due dilligence. Admittedly I'm not even sure what that entails exactly but I get the feeling it wasn't the best idea to give it a miss.

Aye I seem to remember a lot of talk about tanks - parking and lawns. The dumb fuck. :icon_lol:

I can't see him deliberately putting the club down - most of the value in the club, the goodwill, is in the future season and match ticket sales

I don't think he relegated us on purpose, that's giving him too much credit. His actions since then seem to me almost deliberate in fucking things up at the club though. Perhaps he's just fucking clueless. I'm not sure what's worse.

It may seem alien for a bloke who has an inherent interest in the game and knows a bit about it to get in the mind set of someone like ashley but i have a mate who has no interest in football, never has, is totally clueless about it. Imagine if that sort of bloke bought a football club cos he had a bit of cash and thought it would impress his mates - it would be a disaster - maybe ashley and my mate are similar in that way

It may seem alien for a bloke who has an inherent interest in the game and knows a bit about it to get in the mind set of someone like ashley but i have a mate who has no interest in football, never has, is totally clueless about it. Imagine if that sort of bloke bought a football club cos he had a bit of cash and thought it would impress his mates - it would be a disaster - maybe ashley and my mate are similar in that way

You just have to sit at the match to know how little some people know about the game, even if they are interested in it.

I think what can be done is putting pressure on via the media.

Derek Llambias said about 2 weeks ago "There have been more than 2 bids of 100m". Obviously nothing has happened.

Why on earth has this not been picked up on?? Why arnt the media, skysports, or anyone, when talking about Nufc, focusing & homing in onto that god damn statement made by Llambias?

He should be getting grilled in the media, and questions need to be asked about that statement. If we've had those bids THEN WHATS THE HOLD UP? Or obviously it was probably lies, then the fact he's blatently lying about that should be focused on & exposed.

I know he dosent care.

I simply find it annoying he's doing this to the club, potentially destroying our hopes of re-building this year, and its not really bieng picked up on.

Its not really mentioned WHY there is 'turmoil' at newcastle. What actually is going on is never questioned. Is he holding out for more money? Is is the loan for the debt thats a stambling block? What on earth happened to 'more than 2 bids'? Questions just arnt asked, and its annoying that he can do this and basically get away with no scrunity.

I know he dosent care.

I simply find it annoying he's doing this to the club, potentially destroying our hopes of re-building this year, and its not really bieng picked up on.

Its not really mentioned WHY there is 'turmoil' at newcastle. What actually is going on is never questioned. Is he holding out for more money? Is is the loan for the debt thats a stambling block? What on earth happened to 'more than 2 bids'? Questions just arnt asked, and its annoying that he can do this and basically get away with no scrunity.

I'm pretty certain the buyers have walked away bar one (FS 60m).

I think what can be done is putting pressure on via the media.

Derek Llambias said about 2 weeks ago "There have been more than 2 bids of 100m". Obviously nothing has happened.

Why on earth has this not been picked up on?? Why arnt the media, skysports, or anyone, when talking about Nufc, focusing & homing in onto that god damn statement made by Llambias?

He should be getting grilled in the media, and questions need to be asked about that statement. If we've had those bids THEN WHATS THE HOLD UP? Or obviously it was probably lies, then the fact he's blatently lying about that should be focused on & exposed.

IMO it is now the case that the media has exhausted reporting the incredulous events of NUFC. There is only old news, nothing new to report and most are bored with it all. I don't think we will hear anything positive soon, not even this side of xmas.

I know he dosent care.

I'm pretty certain the buyers have walked away bar one (FS 60m).

We may or may not ever find out exactly whats been going on, but i think that's quite likely, that Ashley has turned down bids trying to hold out for totally unrealistic figures and in the end Fat Fred is left and the 2 of them play a game of chicken to see who bottles it first!

He's already twice proven himself to be a complete idiot business-wise.

He's quite capable of anything.

He's already twice proven himself to be a complete idiot business-wise.

He's quite capable of anything.

Ashley will hold out as long as possible so that this season is a write off, he probably views this as payback time.