Administration

trophyshy

I dont think we are going to be sold anymore.

If Ashley was prepared to drop his price, i reckon he would have done it by now. I think he'll say 'no-one wanted to buy at the price, so you're stuck with me". If the buyers wont match the asking price, then there will be no sale, which is how i see it going.

In all of this, i wonder what would have happened had he just appointed Shearer full time and said 'there is limited funds, we need to sell but lets get on with it' instead of announcing a sale?

Its funny but i didnt have the impression that militant action was about to be mounted against him after we got relegated. He did the right thing in bringing shearer in and every fan could see that it was the players not putting the effort in. Obviously he was going to get it in the neck but what else would you expect after overseeing relegation? If he wanted rid, he should be cutting his losses but he isnt.

According to his accounts, he is losing money the longer he stays, there must be a reason why he isnt cutting his losses.

Fuck knows tbh.

I think he announced the sale to take himself out of the firing line as well as steering clear of having to do anything pro-active during the summer. Saying the club was for sale as he did was the dumbest option as it removed most of his bargaining power in one swathe as well as inviting negative eyes at our situation.

I can't believe you'd suggest that Ashley would do anything dumb, what? Such an astute businessman? Surely not :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ashley was prepared to drop his price, i reckon he would have done it by now. I think he'll say 'no-one wanted to buy at the price, so you're stuck with me". If the buyers wont match the asking price, then there will be no sale, which is how i see it going.

In all of this, i wonder what would have happened had he just appointed Shearer full time and said 'there is limited funds, we need to sell but lets get on with it' instead of announcing a sale?

Its funny but i didnt have the impression that militant action was about to be mounted against him after we got relegated. He did the right thing in bringing shearer in and every fan could see that it was the players not putting the effort in. Obviously he was going to get it in the neck but what else would you expect after overseeing relegation? If he wanted rid, he should be cutting his losses but he isnt.

According to his accounts, he is losing money the longer he stays, there must be a reason why he isnt cutting his losses.

Fuck knows tbh.

Considering hes meant to be a bit of a gambler I am surprised he never took this route. Aye there was no guarantees we were going to go straight back up but if he had got Shearer in, who had been planning for this season, and got rid of the high earners, made a couple of sensible signings and got the wage bill down it could have made the club more appealing again if we got back to the Premiership with a reduced wage bill etc and he could have then been in a position to sell and actually claw some money back. Aye its all ifs, buts and maybes but it could have put him in a position where he may have seen some of his money back rather than asking for a crazy price on a club that is losing money, left, right and centre.

I have no idea what his plans are but its certainly looking like hes here to stay. The big question is when the firesale is going to start and who will be in charge...

He has shown many times that he won't acquiesce to others' demands no matter what the potential loss/gain.

Edited by trophyshy

Fuck knows tbh.

I think he announced the sale to take himself out of the firing line as well as steering clear of having to do anything pro-active during the summer. Saying the club was for sale as he did was the dumbest option as it removed most of his bargaining power in one swathe as well as inviting negative eyes at our situation.

He'd have had a much better chance of selling the club if it had not been "for sale", the man is a fuckwit (or is a time traveller from the far future with some utterly diabolical plan). :lol:

Fuck knows tbh.

He'd have had a much better chance of selling the club if it had not been "for sale", the man is a fuckwit (or is a time traveller from the far future with some utterly diabolical plan). :lol:

Strangely the second option carries at least a crumb of credibility :icon_lol: .

Article about this in the Mail......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...d.html?ITO=1490

This has been my fear since he put the club up for sale and washed his hands of it. It is a very real possibility.

The missing piece of the jigsaw??

As Ashley would be the major creditor, administration would seem an odd move financially. But Ashley could probably take his losses at Newcastle, which would be close to £250m, and set them against profit at his other companies, such as Sports Direct. Ashley’s tax liability would then be reduced and his loss not so great

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...0#ixzz0MVHJ6NSx

This has been my fear since he put the club up for sale and washed his hands of it. It is a very real possibility.

As Ashley would be the major creditor, administration would seem an odd move financially. But Ashley could probably take his losses at Newcastle, which would be close to £250m, and set them against profit at his other companies, such as Sports Direct. Ashley’s tax liability would then be reduced and his loss not so great

Bingo! So there you have it, the answer to what's going on - we can now look forward to a 10pt deduction and no players - at least whoever buys the club after that will be able to start with a clean slate I guess. I hope karma gets Ashley for what he's done to our club, as a Spurs fan I'm sure he won't give a shit.

Bingo! So there you have it, the answer to what's going on - we can now look forward to a 10pt deduction and no players - at least whoever buys the club after that will be able to start with a clean slate I guess. I hope karma gets Ashley for what he's done to our club, as a Spurs fan I'm sure he won't give a shit.

If this is the play, then I'm not sure the word evil even covers it. :lol:

Nothing the fat waste of skin does now would surprise me.

As a side note, how shit that neither Fatty or Lamearse bothered turning up yesterday, and only Harper and Krul from the Squad!

Hang your heads in shame NUFC, the fucking lot of you!

Edited by Monkeys Fist

There is no guarantee anyone would buy it.

This thing about offsetting losses is likely to be a load of rubbish btw. He only owns 57 per cent of Sports Direct iirc, so he would be benefitting the other 43% SD shareholders and getting nothing from them in return. Also iirc there are all sorts of restrictions around offsetting losses between companies (which I won't bore you with) and you need to have a common corporate shareholder between SJH and SD to do it.

Anyway only a complete madman would think making losses in one company to get a reduction in the tax bill of another was a good thing. Hang on a minute.....

This thing about offsetting losses is likely to be a load of rubbish btw. He only owns 57 per cent of Sports Direct iirc, so he would be benefitting the other 43% SD shareholders and getting nothing from them in return. Also iirc there are all sorts of restrictions around offsetting losses between companies (which I won't bore you with) and you need to have a common corporate shareholder between SJH and SD to do it.

Anyway only a complete madman would think making losses in one company to get a reduction in the tax bill of another was a good thing. Hang on a minute.....

The Profitable Group have now ended their interest in buying Newcastle.

Its looking like either Freddie or Administration now! :lol:

No great surprise about Profitable. I wonder if they were ever serious bidders, given the amount of wind and piss they spouted in the press.

No great surprise about Profitable. I wonder if they were ever serious bidders, given the amount of wind and piss they spouted in the press.

Yeah, it's not really that much of a development tbh.

They couldn't even provide proof of funding according to sky - makes them look very silly - hopefully they might have been told to fuck off so there is no muddying of the waters - then again probably not

They haven't got a pot to piss in. It was all a publicity scam from day one.

NEWCASTLE United is not in danger of going into administration, club sources confirmed tonight.

There were rumours that owner Mike Ashley would make the move in the absence of a buyer willing to meet his £100m asking price.

But with Ashley – who has loaned the club a further £100m to pay off debts – as the major creditor, such a move is understood to be highly unlikely.

With the Championship season set to start on August 8, efforts are continuing to find a new owner.

The Singapore-based Profitable Group today revealed it was no longer in the running to take over at St James's Park after talks failed with Ashley and Seymour Pierce, who has been tasked with selling the stricken club.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/United-...on39.5501667.jp