Robbie tops list

Rob W

Robbie tops new millennium list

Robbie Williams

Seven of Williams' eight albums have topped the chart

Singer Robbie Williams has sold the most albums in the UK so far this century - notching up sales of 6.3m.

Coldplay are at number two, with sales of 6.2m albums, while solo singer Dido is in third place, with 5.7m albums.

The figures are based on albums sold in the UK from 1 January 2000 to 11 October 2005, but exclude greatest hits, live albums and downloads.

They were compiled by the Official UK Charts Company for C4 show The Biggest Selling Artists of the 21st Century.

Eminem and Westlife are fourth and fifth respectively, while the Top 10 is completed by Norah Jones, Blue, Anastacia, the Stereophonics and Oasis.

Kylie Minogue, Will Young and Craig David are just outside the Top 10.

Williams is currently number one in the UK album charts with his latest release, Intensive Care - his sixth solo studio album.

The 31-year-old first entered the chart as a solo artist in August 1996 with his cover of George Michael's single Freedom.

He released his debut solo album, Life Thru A Lens, in October 1997. It was followed a year later by I've Been Expecting You.

Williams has released four more studio albums since then - Sing When You're Winning (2000), Swing When You're Winning (2001), Escapology (2002) and latest release Intensive Care.

He has also released a live album Live At Knebworth (2003) and a greatest hits collection (2004) but neither of these counted towards the millennium chart. The live album is the only one to date which failed to top the British album chart.

I assume from that smiley that you like Robbie, Ally.  Blokes that like Robbie are nailed-on bummists tbh.

54013[/snapback]

:D I did that for the bite because i'm so fucking bored with my essay.

You know I like Robbie but his new album isn't that good, and no, I don't like the bum :D

Robbie Williams is fucking gash. FACTOMUNDO!

54017[/snapback]

well he's 'done' a few good songs i guess but he is a complete cock. And a gay one at that (allegedly).

I saw him on Jonathan Ross the other week and thought I may have been a little harsh on him as he came across as being an ok guy. That was until he started singing what was imho a half decent song and he returned to being a cock again.

anyway everyone knows that the stuff that tops these charts is just the most commercial safe rubbish anyway.

Those Arctic Monkeys are doing well in the chart, seem pretty good from what i've heard. They love them in Sheffield, played them literally non stop through half time and the pre match music at Bramall Lane the other day.

Those Arctic Monkeys are doing well in the chart, seem pretty good from what i've heard. They love them in Sheffield, played them literally non stop through half time and the pre match music at Bramall Lane the other day.

54030[/snapback]

I bet you were fucking livid. Crying out for a bit of Elton no doubt. :D

Robbie Williams is fucking gash. FACTOMUNDO!

54017[/snapback]

well he's 'done' a few good songs i guess but he is a complete cock. And a gay one at that (allegedly).

I saw him on Jonathan Ross the other week and thought I may have been a little harsh on him as he came across as being an ok guy. That was until he started singing what was imho a half decent song and he returned to being a cock again.

anyway everyone knows that the stuff that tops these charts is just the most commercial safe rubbish anyway.

54025[/snapback]

I don't like any of his tunes tbh. He might be on ok lad though for all I know.

54030[/snapback]

I bet you were fucking livid. Crying out for a bit of Elton no doubt. :D

54032[/snapback]

Nah Elton was waiting for when I came home :D

Elton did some alright tunes; 30-odd years ago.

54040[/snapback]

yeah dead right

and so did erasure :D

54045[/snapback]

I used to like Erasure :D

Elton did some alright tunes; 30-odd years ago.

54040[/snapback]

yeah dead right

and so did erasure :D

54045[/snapback]

I used to like Erasure :D

54049[/snapback]

my first concert in 1986 tbh :D:redcard:

im ok now though, I blame my age. ermm and the fact that all my mates were going so etc etc