Sir Bobby Robson passes away age 76

bobbyshinton

On 08/12/2018 at 12:11, Howmanheyman said:

I bought it on Amazon when it came out but was a little bit pissed when I watched it. Watched it again on Thursday. It was a good show.

My wife bought it for my birthday on DVD. Watched it after my birthday night out, obviously quite pissed. Saw this on Nethflix and watched it getting the strangest deja vu unyil it clicked I'd already seen it....... :blush:

Definitely better sobre. 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Is there something dodgy about the coding in this thread? If you look back to the start, what I imagine should be sad smilies have all been replaced with lols. Like "RIP Bobby Robson. :lol: ".

Or maybe we're just cunts? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Is there something dodgy about the coding in this thread? If you look back to the start, what I imagine should be sad smilies have all been replaced with lols. Like "RIP Bobby Robson. :lol: ".

Just had a look back :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Definitely something amiss with the emoji coding. Probably something that wasn't picked up during one of the upgrades. I've noticed on quite a few of the older posts that the emojis don't seem to be in keeping with the context.

My favourite board fuck up was so long ago I was only a lurker, must have been a predecessor board, probably 18 years ago! Everybody suddenly got access to someone else's account. If you've seen that scene from the Scooby Doo movie where the meddling kids minds get switched with different bodies, it was like that. Was hilarious reading everyone trying to work who they were and who was them. Having access to each others PMs probably less of a laughing matter however.... :D

• Haha 3

Not trying to be a more miserable git than usual but I find what I think is a relatively recent trait of describing the birthdays of people who've passed away in the present tense a bit strange - not sure whether it's being a grammar nazi or just finding it jarring but "is his birthday" just doesn't seem right to me.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

Not trying to be a more miserable git than usual but I find what I think is a relatively recent trait of describing the birthdays of people who've passed away in the present tense a bit strange - not sure whether it's being a grammar nazi or just finding it jarring but "is his birthday" just doesn't seem right to me.... 

Depends on the individual I guess. I much prefer to remember my Mam on her birthday than on the anniversary of the day she died. 

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Depends on the individual I guess. I much prefer to remember my Mam on her birthday than on the anniversary of the day she died. 

Absolutely - same here - but I would still say "would have been" rather than "is". 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Absolutely - same here - but I would still say "would have been" rather than "is". 

Being pedantic I actually think you're wrong. Your birthday is always your birthday I think. Saying something like "he's 90 today" is wrong of course but then I think people would almost all say "would have been 90 today" in that context. Nothing to be too bothered about, naturally. 

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 09:01, Renton said:

I think it’s both 

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...