Sir Bobby Robson passes away age 76

bobbyshinton

A great man who did so much in both Football and Charity terms. Although it was inevitable, it is a testament to his spirit that he managed to fight it off for this long. RIP.

Just can repeat what everyone are saying. Knew him to speak to never a bad word about anyone, wouldtalk football all day. Loved NUFC.

I I think NUFC loved him. By that i mean the supporters.

Now managing Heaven 11.

RIP no one can fill the void.

Very saddened to hear this news. What an awful day. :lol:

Bobby was a gent and a real football man who led a great life and a great career. Football has lost a true legend, thoughts with his family at this time.

RIP Sir Bobby, very upsetting news but happy that he enjoyed his charity match only days before passing. A real gentleman, legend and inspiration - he'll be greatly missed.

Christ, I'm gutted :lol:

He did so much for this club, taking us from the brink of relegation to the Champions League. I get the feeling he was hanging on to see that game on Sunday.

Cancer is such a bastard.

I feel absolutely devastated - he was the textbook footballing gentleman and thank goodness he was able to have his last stand on Sunday.

I hope that not only us but the footballing world as a whole give him a massive send off. Forget Moore, Ramsey, etc. This man gave his whole live to the game and to consider he was managing a Premiership team not less than 5 years ago epitomises his passion and love for the game.

The term 'legend' is thrown about far too loosely within football these days as far as I'm concerned. This man was the ultimate legend and the world is a poorer place for him not being here.

May he rest in peace - so long Sir Bobby. :lol:

So sad true gentleman and the best manager we have had. So glad he saw his final match as the tribute rather than a drossy toon game in the championship. True passion for the game and the club. RIP Sir Bobby :lol:

Gutting :lol: I know some people would scorn at the elevation we sometimes took him to, but for me he has been probably the best ambassador for football and our area in my lifetime. I remember meeting him at a reserves game up at Pont about 7-8 years ago. He had all the time in the world to talk to me. I think with his condition we all knew it was on the cards soon. Also when I seen him at the game the other night (on tv) you could see he just looked old. Thoughts go out to his wife and family. Sad sad news.

RIP Sir Bob, you made us stand tall.

Sir Bobby Robson Passes Away

NEWCASTLE United were deeply saddened today to learn of the death of Sir Bobby Robson at the age of 76.

Sir Bobby, who managed Newcastle United from 1999-2004, had bravely been battling cancer for a number of years and only last Sunday had enjoyed a hugely successful charity game at St James' Park.

United Managing Director Derek Llambias said: "Sir Bobby was one of the game's true footballing legends, a unique, passionate man who gave so much to the game.

"He will be enormously missed by the whole football community worldwide and we extend our sincere condolences to his wife Elsie and family.

"We may never see his like again."

Anyone wishing to lay tributes to Sir Bobby may gain access to St James Park today until 5pm and Saturday/Sunday 9am - 5pm via the Tunnel access at the North West Corner of the Stadium.

United players and staff, upon hearing the news, held a minute's silence at the Training Ground this morning.

On another note. Is it not really fucking sad that the bloke had to pass seeing the club he loved being ran into the ground.....