Sir Bobby Robson passes away age 76

bobbyshinton

As people has said, True Legend and will be missed. I'm sat on a client site in Manchester and the day is going to drag now.

At least he made it to the Charity match and got to see Shearer et al in action at SJP. Seems more fitting now that Shearer scored the winning goal.

Genuinely feel like crap now :lol:

I shall raise a glass to you tonight Sir. You brought me some of the best NUFC football I have ever witnessed.

My mam sat next to him on a plane in 2005 and said he was one of the nicest blokes she had met. Most 'celebs' these days want nowt to do with everyday folk but he was happy to talk about anything and everything.

For someone my age who was just a little too young too really appreciate Keegans return, Bobbys time at the club is the one I appreciate the most. 2003 when we finished 3rd and beat Feyenoord to get to the 2nd group stage in the champions league. We wont see times like that for a long time to come!

On another note. Is it not really fucking sad that the bloke had to pass seeing the club he loved being ran into the ground.....

Here's hoping that Ashley does the decent thing and expediates this sale.

My mam sat next to him on a plane in 2005 and said he was one of the nicest blokes she had met. Most 'celebs' these days want nowt to do with everyday folk but he was happy to talk about anything and everything.

For someone my age who was just a little too young too really appreciate Keegans return, Bobbys time at the club is the one I appreciate the most. 2003 when we finished 3rd and beat Feyenoord to get to the 2nd group stage in the champions league. We wont see times like that for a long time to come!

same here

Very sad. Whatever he was made of, it's in short supply. A good man who thoroughly earned the respect that he commanded. I wish and hope that those connected with the club allow themselves to reflect on what made him the man that he was.

same here

+ 1

A proper football man and a proper gentleman. It's hard to think of too many others left in the game like him.

There was no-one like him... and there never will be again. The man was unique.

On another note. Is it not really fucking sad that the bloke had to pass seeing the club he loved being ran into the ground.....

Too true! So sad, this is not what he would have wanted.

Just watched the footage of him at the England v Germany game, sad.

RIP Sir Bobby, will never forget the years you were manager at the club. Happy times.

All the memories of the games and the press conferences, the clips of him at training are coming flooding back. He loved life and lived it with such vibrance that it breaks your heart that he's not around.

Everything from dancing a gig of delight on the touchline despite being nigh on 65, that sly smirk he had when he was having a laugh with Journos. The way he had us playing, playing like we knew, no matter what*, we could win.

God I'm going to miss the man.

*Bramble

I hope there is a some kind of funeral procession in Newcastle. Imagine the city awash with B&W shirts, lining the streets. We all need to wave him off.

Christ I sound soft....

One of those rare occasions when you hear a piece of news and feel genuine sadness. Bobby Robson was a man who epitomised all that was good in our game.

Rest in peace, Sir Bobby from a Bolton Wanderers fan.