Sir Bobby Robson passes away age 76

bobbyshinton

God bless Sir Bobby.

I am a Blackburn fan but Sir Bobby transcended club rivalries, he was a true football man I'll be raising a glass to honour him tonight.

I cannot begin to imagine what he thought of what that fat clown Ashley has done to his beloved Toon.

RIP Legend.

It's a testament to the man that fans of clubs to whom he was never connected feel the same pang of loss that we do. I really hope that none of us forget what an example that he really is.

I'm totally devastated, but he can now rest in peace after his never ending battle with cancer.

I was at the charity game and when I saw him it reminded me of my dad who deteriorated very rapidly after being diagnosed with motor neurone disease and I knew he only had days to live. Very sad to see, but very privileged top be there.

I'll be going down to the stadium to give my respects. It's a very sad day, but we should all remember the memories we have of him. Very honest, great sense of humour down to earth and has time for everyone. Always positive, a true role model.

I really don't think there would be anyone else in English or possibly world football who would get such tributes for not just their sporting achievements, but also for how good of a human being they actually were.

This news has hit me badly, Sir Bobby Robson R.I.P

As mentioned before Robson really is my true hero, I was born when the Keegan reign was in motion but for obvious reasons I never lived through it. However, Robson's era I fully followed and to me he was my childhood hero apart from Shearer when growing up. It's tragic to see the clubs demotion, especially when you look back at Bobby's time here and realising we will never hit such heights again.

RIP Sir Bobby Robson, an inspiration, legend and icon.

Devestated.

Tell ya what and all, this is one of the few times a famous person has died and i haven't had a single joke or text sent to me within 15mins of it happening let alone the hours that have went past now, something Mother Theresa didn't even manage to avoid!

gutted, those two youtube movies and sir alex's quote :lol:

It would be nice to think that in future, people will think twice about making jokes when other famous people die.

Bobby Robson meant so much to us, and it's nice to not have to deal with the cruel "humour". Imagine how you'd feel now if you got a joke about him.

Even if we don't feel the same about the person who's passed away, to other people it feels the same.