Sir Bobby Robson passes away age 76

bobbyshinton

For me, its not about the achievements of the man even though he had success almost everywhere he went. The reason why he has been getting such public adoration is the way in which he conducted himself, the way in which he had time for everyone he met and the legacy he has left with his foundation when he could have just left the public eye altogether. Cloughie had a big drink problem which meant he wasnt a perfect role model, even though he was a fantastic manager. Ferguson who probably surpasses any other manager in terms of achievement, cant help being embroiled in mind games and sour grapes each year with whoever he is challenging. Bobby never showed any disrespect to anyone whilst in the spotlight of the media and was always gracious in competition.

''Just Call Me Bobby'' on BBC iPlayer

I have this on DVD but I was told there was a Sir Bobby Tribute program on last night but I missed it as I was in Liverpool.

Just watched a bit of it there and couldn't help but have a bit of a cry. It's the first time I have really seen the man in motion since he passed. Outside of an interview anyway.

No longer available on BBC iPlayer.

FFS! Would really liked to have seen that.

The BBC tribute was just the old Bobby documentary with a few minutes of the newcastle stuff cut out and replaced with Lineker narrating iver recent footage of bobby

And an outro playing The Long And Winding Road.

I have this on DVD but I was told there was a Sir Bobby Tribute program on last night but I missed it as I was in Liverpool.

Just watched a bit of it there and couldn't help but have a bit of a cry. It's the first time I have really seen the man in motion since he passed. Outside of an interview anyway.

Go here and get it Renton:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=48...son+documentary

I know the screen says it's no longer available, but the Download video - iPod/PSP to the right hand side still works. Downloads in MP4 format so viewable through QuickTime on a PC.

thought I read somewhere close to 50k tokens of affection had been left. Would it not be an idea to have one per seat? Cover St James' in a glorious celebration of Bobby?

I dunno maybe I'm a sentimental fucko. :jesuswept:

thought I read somewhere close to 50k tokens of affection had been left. Would it not be an idea to have one per seat? Cover St James' in a glorious celebration of Bobby?

I dunno maybe I'm a sentimental fucko. :jesuswept:

It's a great idea...but I can't see anyone at the club doing anything though....maybe NUSC could organise it though if they thought it was a good idea.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2814981

Sir Bobby Robson: Ipswich plan stand tribute

Ipswich chief executive Simon Clegg has revealed the club are considering naming a stand at Portman Road after Sir Bobby Robson.

The former Town boss, who won the FA Cup with the Suffolk club in 1978 and brought Uefa Cup glory to Portman Road in 1981, died at the age of 76 on Friday morning following a long battle against cancer.

His success at Ipswich is recognised at Portman Road by a statue and the Sir Bobby Robson hospitality suite. Clegg revealed he had discussed the possibility of naming a stand after Robson with the man himself.

"We have given serious consideration to a further permanent memorial and tribute to Sir Bobby. There are a range of ideas we are looking at and have been looking at over the past few months," Clegg said.

"Naming a stand after Sir Bobby is one of the options we have discussed and we spoke to Sir Bobby about it but he didn't feel it was appropriate until a period after he had passed away. We obviously want to respect that and will respect that.

"We will listen to what the supporters have to say and all ideas for a fitting tribute will be given all due consideration but at the end of the day it needs to be a football recognition, something identifiable with the club and Portman Road in particular."

Im not sure about that one Fish, it would mean us getting access to the ground and being able to organise something like that. Its a good idea I agree but it could be a little too difficult to organise.

I tell you what I would like to do for the first home game, get a hat like Bobby was wearing and place it on his seat. I hope that seat will not be given away at least for a while.

Logistically it could be difficult aye, was more a "wouldn't it be great if" thoughts.

Imagine a helicopter view of that though... :jesuswept:

anyhoo.

Im not sure about that one Fish, it would mean us getting access to the ground and being able to organise something like that. Its a good idea I agree but it could be a little too difficult to organise.

I tell you what I would like to do for the first home game, get a hat like Bobby was wearing and place it on his seat. I hope that seat will not be given away at least for a while.

is Sir Matt Busbys seat still kept free at everygame?? would be a fitting tribute imo

Guest Stevie
any1 watch the bbc1 tribute to bobby robson? what a tear jerker.. Dont think any of us realised how good we had it at the time

Well it weren't as good as 94-97 in my opinion, I thought it would get even better.