Keith Harris: Club may be sold this month, but not by our first game

Amir

I know someone over here in Abu Dhabi who has some friends in very high places & he was giving me some 'watch this space' hints a few days ago. Said that DIC had changed its target from Liverpool to Man Utd, but got knocked back by the Glaziers. Said that they are now looking at a long-term project, possibly in the Championship...

Put it down to a wind up at the time as he's a bit of a joker, as well as being a knob who has half a dozen supercars.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone over here in Abu Dhabi who has some friends in very high places & he was giving me some 'watch this space' hints a few days ago. Said that DIC had changed its target from Liverpool to Man Utd, but got knocked back by the Glaziers. Said that they are now looking at a long-term project, possibly in the Championship...

Put it down to a wind up at the time as he's a bit of a joker, as well as being a knob who has half a dozen supercars.

Well that's me convinced :lol:

Key one of them for me - thanks

The same bloke told me that City were going for Fabregas next week. :lol:

The same bloke told me that City were going for Fabregas next week. :nufc:

That wont happen, Arse wont sell three players to Citeh. So does that mean theres no takeover. :lol:

See now this is odd, I've just had word that the guy/consortium involved is South African, known to Sir John Hall and something to do with diamonds - vague but it does seem that something's afoot.

Edited by Armchair Penis

See now this is odd, I've just had word that the guy/consortium involved is South African. known to Sir John Hall and something to do with diamonds - vague but it does seem that something's afoot.

You've been warned before Penis, if its not stone cold FACT keep a lid on it.

hate to burst the bubble like but if there is something going on the papers havnt got a sniff of it.

Shearer back at BBC after Newcastle snub: Ashley can't find buyer for troubled Toon

Alan Shearer has confirmed that he will be back at the BBC next season and will not return to St James' Park to resume his role as manager of relegated Newcastle United.

On a poignant weekend when fans paid tribute at the stadium to former manager Sir Bobby Robson, the club he loved slid into a deeper crisis as it became apparent club owner Mike Ashley is now unlikely to find a new buyer.

Shearer, whose eight games in charge failed to prevent relegation, confirmed he will see United kick-off their opening Championship match at West Bromwich next Saturday from a BBC studio as a TV pundit.

'At this moment that's what I'll be doing, talking about the match which is live on television,' he said.

'Of course, things can change but I've heard nothing from anybody at Newcastle. I've another year of my BBC contract and obviously I've got to think about the future.'

Although Keith Harris, chairman of investment bank Seymour Pierce, is negotiating with an unidentified foreign buyer thought to be a financial services company, sources close to the deal admit there is a strong possibility it may not go through.

Harris, appointed by Ashley to find a buyer, returns from holiday next week. But discussions with the potential buyer have been slow and there are growing doubts about the deal. The club are hampered by a wage bill that last year cost £65million and although Michael Owen has moved to Manchester United, there are still at least eight players on more than £65,000 a week.

Projected income for next season is not expected to cover wages and although Harris has dismissed the prospect of going into administration, the inability to sell highly-paid players is a stumbling block.

Caretaker boss Chris Hughton will be in charge at The Hawthorns, barring a dramatic breakthrough in sale negotiations.

Harris was not concerned by the withdrawal of the Profitable Group last week as they were not seen as serious bidders but unless the anonymous foreign buyer shows intent soon, Newcastle will spend another season under the reluctant ownership of Ashley.

hate to burst the bubble like but if there is something going on the papers havnt got a sniff of it.

Shearer back at BBC after Newcastle snub: Ashley can't find buyer for troubled Toon

Alan Shearer has confirmed that he will be back at the BBC next season and will not return to St James' Park to resume his role as manager of relegated Newcastle United.

On a poignant weekend when fans paid tribute at the stadium to former manager Sir Bobby Robson, the club he loved slid into a deeper crisis as it became apparent club owner Mike Ashley is now unlikely to find a new buyer.

Shearer, whose eight games in charge failed to prevent relegation, confirmed he will see United kick-off their opening Championship match at West Bromwich next Saturday from a BBC studio as a TV pundit.

'At this moment that's what I'll be doing, talking about the match which is live on television,' he said.

'Of course, things can change but I've heard nothing from anybody at Newcastle. I've another year of my BBC contract and obviously I've got to think about the future.'

Although Keith Harris, chairman of investment bank Seymour Pierce, is negotiating with an unidentified foreign buyer thought to be a financial services company, sources close to the deal admit there is a strong possibility it may not go through.

Harris, appointed by Ashley to find a buyer, returns from holiday next week. But discussions with the potential buyer have been slow and there are growing doubts about the deal. The club are hampered by a wage bill that last year cost £65million and although Michael Owen has moved to Manchester United, there are still at least eight players on more than £65,000 a week.

Projected income for next season is not expected to cover wages and although Harris has dismissed the prospect of going into administration, the inability to sell highly-paid players is a stumbling block.

Caretaker boss Chris Hughton will be in charge at The Hawthorns, barring a dramatic breakthrough in sale negotiations.

Harris was not concerned by the withdrawal of the Profitable Group last week as they were not seen as serious bidders but unless the anonymous foreign buyer shows intent soon, Newcastle will spend another season under the reluctant ownership of Ashley.

Think Shearer's quotes are from a few days back mind. This is prob just paper talk shite to fill up the Sunday papers....

Not really sure Lazarus...

Have a look here and see what you think of what Thomo is saying: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/...62360.7830.html

Someone on a football forum is swearing blind they know it's true, must be the real deal then :lol:

If we go by that philosophy, we'd have signed Leighton Baines. It'll be a stronger source before I start believing it.

If i can add my 2 pennefth worth I've heard from the bloke I sit next to at work who plays golf with Shearer's best mate that he was told by club not to go on holiday with his family a few days ago as he needed to be here, so he stayed and family went on their holidays.

For what it's worth.......

If i can add my 2 pennefth worth I've heard from the bloke I sit next to at work who plays golf with Shearer's best mate that he was told by club not to go on holiday with his family a few days ago as he needed to be here, so he stayed and family went on their holidays.

Interesting. Is that true or are you just messing?

Interesting. Is that true or are you just messing?

True, it's what I was told.

What does that mean Amir?

Meaning that this is most likely bollocks. Im still going to wait and see what happens on Tuesday.

The thing is the people who came up with this keep defending themselves, Im actually thinking this might be legit. Crossing my fingers.

Edited by Amir

Aye, I originally thought that thread was directed at the fans but it seems to be a dig at NewsNow.

Yeah, they wanted to be the first to pass on the story so that they could attract more members by spreading the story around other media sites to generate interest in their own site - nowhere does it say that they made the rumour up themselves just to get new members.

Aye, I originally thought that thread was directed at the fans but it seems to be a dig at NewsNow.

Yeah, they wanted to be the first to pass on the story so that they could attract more members by spreading the story around other media sites to generate interest in their own site - nowhere does it say that they made the rumour up themselves just to get new members.

Fucking hell, can it actually be, Finally getting rid of Ashley... Kind of feels like overcoming the plague. :lol: