• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOUTH AFRICAN BILLIONAIRE IS TALK OF TOON

He has unearthed a wealthy South African

Sunday August 2,2009

By John Richardson

A South African diamond billionaire introduced by former Newcastle United chairman Sir John Hall could be set to lift the Toon’s gloom.

Hall, who along with Freddy Shepherd sold out to Mike Ashley two years ago, is frustrated by the club’s relegation from the Premier League and Ashley’s failure to off-load it.

Now Hall has utilised his own business contacts and Sunday Express Sport can reveal that he has unearthed a wealthy South African, who owns diamond mines.

It’s believed the diamond prospector has expressed an interest in meeting Ashley’s asking price – and that substantial cash would be available for new players.

So far every prospective take-over has failed as Ashley digs his heels in over the £100million asking price.

He also wants some compensation in order to write off a £100m interest-free loan.

Ashley has clawed back £9m from the sale of Oba Martins to Wolfsburg and is set to collect another £2m from Aston Villa for Habib Beye.

Beye put in a written transfer request after he was involved in a dressing room bust-up with Alan Smith after the 6-1 defeat at Leyton Orient.

Hmmmm

SHEARER BLOW FOR NEWCASTLE

By Brian Mcnally 2/08/2009

EXCLUSIVE: SHEARER JETS OUT

Alan Shearer appears to have given up hope that he will be appointed Newcastle boss before the Championship season starts at West Brom on Saturday.

Shearer has headed for Portugal on a family holiday and has no plans to return before the new season starts.

A lack of communication from Newcastle has convinced Shearer to abandon his waiting brief on Tyneside and to take his family on a summer holiday.

Shearer insists to close friends that he hasn't turned his back on his home-town club, but has grown frustrated with the club's failure to sort out the ownership issue. A source close to the former Newcastle and England captain said: "Alan has waited patiently since May to find out if he was going to get the Newcastle job on a permanent basis. But he has heard nothing.

"Managing director Derek Llambias has suggested the club could be sold this week, but Alan can't put his life on hold because there have been so many false dawns.

"He would still love to become Newcastle manager, but he can't wait for ever.

"Hehas gone to Portugal onholiday and the ball is now in Newcastle's court if they want him."

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21564772/

Similar rumours appeared on Skunkers around the same time as the story appeared on N-O

Interestingly, the skunkers rumour posters in this case aren't normally known posting shit.

I'll still believe it when I see it mind.

Sunday August 2,2009

By John Richardson

A South African diamond billionaire introduced by former Newcastle United chairman Sir John Hall could be set to lift the Toon’s gloom.

Hall, who along with Freddy Shepherd sold out to Mike Ashley two years ago, is frustrated by the club’s relegation from the Premier League and Ashley’s failure to off-load it.

Now Hall has utilised his own business contacts and Sunday Express Sport can reveal that he has unearthed a wealthy South African, who owns diamond mines.

It’s believed the diamond prospector has expressed an interest in meeting Ashley’s asking price – and that substantial cash would be available for new players.

So far every prospective take-over has failed as Ashley digs his heels in over the £100million asking price.

He also wants some compensation in order to write off a £100m interest-free loan.

Ashley has clawed back £9m from the sale of Oba Martins to Wolfsburg and is set to collect another £2m from Aston Villa for Habib Beye.

Beye put in a written transfer request after he was involved in a dressing room bust-up with Alan Smith after the 6-1 defeat at Leyton Orient.

So, for the benefit of Noisewater... "Ahem"

... "Told you so!"

:jesuswept:

Sunday August 2,2009

By John Richardson

... "Told you so!"

Nothing concrete there. I'll not believe it until the inks dry on the contract.

Sunday August 2,2009

By John Richardson

... "Told you so!"

Nothing concrete there. I'll not believe it until the inks dry on the contract.

That's fair, and neither will I for what it's worth. Just pointing out that all I'd posted before was something I'd heard, looks like someone else heard it too. Let's hope at least one of these takeovers has legs!

I've seen a few irate Tweets from Liverpool fans, I still don't believe it but it's good to see them squirm.

No matter how many message boards carry the story it doesnt make it true, in fact its the ones that fly around the fastest that are probably bollocks.

If some billionaire diamond merchant or multi-trillionare oil baron were buying us then we wouldnt have a clue until the deal is done, these blokes dont talk to their mates in the pub loudly, they dont slip it into conversation at a dinner party to impress the big titted blonde next to them. No they do it using solicitors and let it all go through without a word.

Its a piece of piss in this day and age to get major news corporations to take bollocks as stories and write them up themselves, they like to do it because if they dont and it does turn out to be true then it looks like they knew nowt. Now with newsnow it doesnt even have to be the likes of the BBC or The Sun, some little website can make up a story and have it published worldwide in a minute. In this case it wasnt even that they made up a story. All they did was state that "they'd heard rumours we were going to be taken over" any of us could have done that and it would have been 100% true, we're sitting here now debating the fact.

People then see a story and think "I'll look in the know" and come on with some bollocks about "a mate in the pub" or "a lad at work heard" and suddenly because we're all desperate for something it gets picked up on and added to, each time more and more people think "well if that daft little gobshite knows something then Im not going to look clueless" and add a bit more.

People have given up on ridiculing them after the event because it would become all we did.

This site seems to have a good concentration of mature, level headed posters yet we rarely see posts of that kind, is it because we're not in the know? is it because the likes of toon-talk and N-O are stuffed to the brim with people who move in the circles of arab billionaires and yank computer magnates? or could it be that there are more bullshitters on certain other boards?

How many times has someone on here linked to a post on N-O and said "according to such and such its a done deal"?

How many of those deals have been done?

Seems to me that when recent takeovers have occurred they've been concluded fairly rapidly. The amount of time this is taking (plus the 'end of the week' shite) just makes me think there's a big problem with the sale.

I suppose that the only difference this time pud is that it seems like two people (Thomo and Obi - who are definitely toon fans with a couple of years presence on forums like this and not WUM's as far as I can see) have said that they have heard it from a source at the club itself who they trust. No idea if they both have the same source or what but they seem to have heard it independently. The only thing that concerns me about it is the ultimate source may be Llambias himself, who we all know is a lying shit who makes stuff up to try to generate interest in the sale or maybe just to piss us fans off by raising our hopes.

No matter how many message boards carry the story it doesnt make it true, in fact its the ones that fly around the fastest that are probably bollocks.

If some billionaire diamond merchant or multi-trillionare oil baron were buying us then we wouldnt have a clue until the deal is done, these blokes dont talk to their mates in the pub loudly, they dont slip it into conversation at a dinner party to impress the big titted blonde next to them. No they do it using solicitors and let it all go through without a word.

Its a piece of piss in this day and age to get major news corporations to take bollocks as stories and write them up themselves, they like to do it because if they dont and it does turn out to be true then it looks like they knew nowt. Now with newsnow it doesnt even have to be the likes of the BBC or The Sun, some little website can make up a story and have it published worldwide in a minute. In this case it wasnt even that they made up a story. All they did was state that "they'd heard rumours we were going to be taken over" any of us could have done that and it would have been 100% true, we're sitting here now debating the fact.

People then see a story and think "I'll look in the know" and come on with some bollocks about "a mate in the pub" or "a lad at work heard" and suddenly because we're all desperate for something it gets picked up on and added to, each time more and more people think "well if that daft little gobshite knows something then Im not going to look clueless" and add a bit more.

People have given up on ridiculing them after the event because it would become all we did.

This site seems to have a good concentration of mature, level headed posters yet we rarely see posts of that kind, is it because we're not in the know? is it because the likes of toon-talk and N-O are stuffed to the brim with people who move in the circles of arab billionaires and yank computer magnates? or could it be that there are more bullshitters on certain other boards?

How many times has someone on here linked to a post on N-O and said "according to such and such its a done deal"?

How many of those deals have been done?

Very true.

I can confirm howver that I was in the pub the other day and I heard some one saying that the club was going to be sold not one to start spreading shit but I think it's true the club will be sold. :jesuswept:

I suppose that the only difference this time pud is that it seems like two people (Thomo and Obi - who are definitely toon fans with a couple of years presence on forums like this and not WUM's as far as I can see) have said that they have heard it from a source at the club itself who they trust. No idea if they both have the same source or what but they seem to have heard it independently. The only thing that concerns me about it is the ultimate source may be Llambias himself, who we all know is a lying shit who makes stuff up to try to generate interest in the sale or maybe just to piss us fans off by raising our hopes.

They're (the club sources not the posters) the ones I trust the least. Unless Thomo and Obi happen to know Mike Ashley, Dekka Llambias or someone from Seymour Pierce whos involved in the sale directly then anything else is hearsay (or Llamearse propoganda). Nobody at the football club would be told about the sale until it was necessary and if thats before the club is sold then they would need to be high up and therefore by default it would be more than their jobs worth to pass that info onto anyone else.

If we go back through the last year of sale threads you'll find numerous posts saying "a friend who works at the club" and none of them have turned out to be true.

When did we all become american?

skeptical?

Isn't it from ancient greek originally? The Skeptics.

Skepticism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In classical philosophy, skepticism refers to the teachings and the traits of the 'Skeptikoi', a school of philosophers of whom it was said that they 'asserted nothing but only opined.' (Liddell and Scott) In this sense, philosophical skepticism, or Pyrrhonism, is the philosophical position that one should suspend judgment in investigations.[1]

Edited by Ir0n_Duk3

Seems to me that when recent takeovers have occurred they've been concluded fairly rapidly. The amount of time this is taking (plus the 'end of the week' shite) just makes me think there's a big problem with the sale.

Assley.

They're (the club sources not the posters) the ones I trust the least. Unless Thomo and Obi happen to know Mike Ashley, Dekka Llambias or someone from Seymour Pierce whos involved in the sale directly then anything else is hearsay (or Llamearse propoganda). Nobody at the football club would be told about the sale until it was necessary and if thats before the club is sold then they would need to be high up and therefore by default it would be more than their jobs worth to pass that info onto anyone else.

If we go back through the last year of sale threads you'll find numerous posts saying "a friend who works at the club" and none of them have turned out to be true.

This was what I was thinking last night, when reading the stuff on N-O. If persons - even 'high up' persons - at NUFC had been told of a sale, surely it would be completely out in the open now, rather than being passed on to one or two friends.

I remain unconvinced.