Keith Harris: Club may be sold this month, but not by our first game

Amir

Guest Stevie

Would be great if he's officially offered the job and turns it down. He's said himself he's a coach, the players have said it, and it's no criticism of him. It just feels that the PTB, are just trying to make as big a mess of it all as possible, maybe some form of sick retribution. If 12 months ago someone had said, this is the next 12 months NUFC are going to have, you would've thought it would be beyond fiction, and the nightmare is no where near being over.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting to the stage where whenever someone mentions Newcastle Utd I withdraw in to myself, crawl in to the corner and start rocking back and forth... :jesuswept:

Guest Stevie
It's getting to the stage where whenever someone mentions Newcastle Utd I withdraw in to myself, crawl in to the corner and start rocking back and forth... :jesuswept:

I know. I was in London in the office on Friday, and I deflected all comments and conversations away from NUFC very quickly.

I've become numb to all of this now. As has been said - too many false dawns. I've resigned myself to the fact that this will not get sorted out inside the next 4 months never mind the start of the season.

I just hope that when it does get sorted out, there is time to rescue the season.

I don't think MA is hangin on out of spite, nor to I buy the argument that he'll use it as an excuse to not spend any money over the summer. For a start, wasn't / isn't there some kind of bank imposed embargo on players? I think MA is hanging on to try and squeeze as much as he can out of the deal to recoup as much of this original investment as possible. He's been bleeding money for the last 6 months or so in all of his businesses and is reportedly worth a qtr of what he was 12months ago is he not?

He wont sell on the cheap, but the longer he holds out the less chance there is of anyone meeting his price imo. If we start the season badly (as I expect us to) then we will be worth even less come Jan; when the next realistic opportunity will be for the deal to have been completed.

If hes getting a contract then that means we are officially arent getting sold!?

Probably just a case of same wages for more shit, just like last season.

I've become numb to all of this now. As has been said - too many false dawns. I've resigned myself to the fact that this will not get sorted out inside the next 4 months never mind the start of the season.

I just hope that when it does get sorted out, there is time to rescue the season.

I don't think MA is hangin on out of spite, nor to I buy the argument that he'll use it as an excuse to not spend any money over the summer. For a start, wasn't / isn't there some kind of bank imposed embargo on players? I think MA is hanging on to try and squeeze as much as he can out of the deal to recoup as much of this original investment as possible. He's been bleeding money for the last 6 months or so in all of his businesses and is reportedly worth a qtr of what he was 12months ago is he not?

He wont sell on the cheap, but the longer he holds out the less chance there is of anyone meeting his price imo. If we start the season badly (as I expect us to) then we will be worth even less come Jan; when the next realistic opportunity will be for the deal to have been completed.

The so-called embargo was self-imposed by Ashley wasn't it? I.e. not worth the fag packet it was written on.

If hes getting a contract then that means we are officially arent getting sold!?

Yeah but MA reckoned he wasnt going to appoint a manager and was going to let the new owners pick their own. Same with us not selling players.

The Martins sale and Hughton appointment look like hes resigned to keeping the club.

And I dont think even Hughton is daft enough to accept the managers job without a little raise in his wages

We'll probably be in administration long before then.

I'm sure this was another of t0m's arsehole windups on Skunkers.

It's bollocks, innit?

Really? I mean don't get me wrong I'm still fed up with it all.

Yeah but MA reckoned he wasnt going to appoint a manager and was going to let the new owners pick their own. Same with us not selling players.

The Martins sale and Hughton appointment look like hes resigned to keeping the club.

And I dont think even Hughton is daft enough to accept the managers job without a little raise in his wages

I just don't think either Martins going or Hughton getting the job mean there's been any developments. The 'embargo' was just another tactic to get the fans to hope something was happening imo and Martins was always going to be sold if a decent offer came in. As for Hughton, he may be getting a bit more but he's still probably a cheaper option than anyone decent and knowing the way Ashley does things he probably still owes Shearer and Kinnear money.

Direct quotes attributed to Derek Llambias by Sky Sports last week (30th July 2009)

"We are dealing with several people and giving most of our time and attention to the sale," he told The Sun.

"You must remember that some parties make offers but when it comes to putting up proof of funds they are a long way from sealing a deal.

"But I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week."

Llambias confirmed that Hughton will remain in charge of team affairs until new owners are appointed, insisting it would be foolhardy to make a permanent appointment in the current climate.

He added: "It's Catch 22 - anyone who signs a deal will want their own choice of manager.

"Look what happened when Mike took over, Sam Allardyce was already in place and he didn't want him."

As much as it's probably a pack of lies I'm going to try and bury my head in the sand and hope it's the truth until I read differently from an official source.

Bunch of cunts, all of them :jesuswept:

I don't think MA is hanging on out of spite, nor do I buy the argument that he'll use it as an excuse to not spend any money over the summer. For a start, wasn't / isn't there some kind of bank imposed embargo on players? I think MA is hanging on to try and squeeze as much as he can out of the deal to recoup as much of this original investment as possible. He's been bleeding money for the last 6 months or so in all of his businesses and is reportedly worth a qtr of what he was 12months ago is he not?

The so-called embargo was self-imposed by Ashley wasn't it? I.e. not worth the fag packet it was written on.

Ah, was it? That makes more sense then.

Thing is, if that is the case, why haven't sales of many of our high earners not been expedited? Surely he will just be looking at this short-sightedly in the sense that he needs to get the costs down and fuck the long term stability idea (it will be someone else's problem). The longer he leaves player sales, the less he will get as people know we need to get the wages bill down. He's more likely to be forced into accepting a stupid price at the end of the summer as he'll be more desperate to get the running costs down.

Christ, that has me analysing it all again. I'm honestly not excited about the coming season..... at all.

Hughton to be named manager......we are well and truly fucked

Where's this like? :jesuswept:

Skysports supposedly, hopefully its bullshit.

D. Craig: "Llambias informed me that Hughton has given exceptional service to the club and deserves the job after steadying the ship (!) through a difficult period."

:lol:

I've had a feeling for the last 4 or so days something is going on. What with all the claims and counter-claims, the sale of Martins for me was a sign that things are starting to move. Some of the recent hoop-la has been weird ie asking for offers via the club site (e mail). This at the time reeked of desperation/panic, but imo actually means that Ashley really does want out.

The other theory that holds some water is that all the smoke and mirrors have been generated to keep MA out of the firing line for the whole of the summer only for 'service as normal' to resume a week or so before the first match, but if this really was the case I think we would have sold more players by now.

That's it, I've had enough. I am not supporting this rabble anymore.

I am going to start supporting the mackems.

:jesuswept:

I've had a feeling for the last 4 or so days something is going on. What with all the claims and counter-claims, the sale of Martins for me was a sign that things are starting to move. Some of the recent hoop-la has been weird ie asking for offers via the club site (e mail). This at the time reeked of desperation/panic, but imo actually means that Ashley really does want out.

The other theory that holds some water is that all the smoke and mirrors have been generated to keep MA out of the firing line for the whole of the summer only for 'service as normal' to resume a week or so before the first match, but if this really was the case I think we would have sold more players by now.

Maybe nobody wants our shite? Or there have been offers but MA is holding out for unreasonable prices (which wouldn't surprise me). Also, who have we lost from contract expiration? Owen, Viduka and Cacapa?

Caretaker Chris:

"Everybody is aware the owner is trying to sell the club," he added.

"We know it could be any day. We're hoping, of course, the sooner the better - then everybody can get on with their roles and know where they stand.

"But until we're told otherwise, all we can do is do the job we're doing at the moment and prepare the team for what's going to be a very tough campaign.

"I've been asked to perform a role and the general consensus is that once a takeover is in place, a new manager will come in.

"But until that does happen I've got to work with this group of lads - and at the moment they're a very spirited group of lads."

I hope that's an indicator that something is still on and that it's just a matter of time.

I've read on various boards and threads and I still feel like I have no clue.

What's hindering the sale, if there are serious interested buyers ?!

Ashley is desperate to sell, so is he simply setting the asking price too high ?

Are there some "shadowy" repayments (infrastructure, players, transfers) to be made on top of the buying price and the running costs, which have not been made common knowledge and only show up when they open the "books"?

I can understand the buyers wanting to push the price down and therefore waiting to conclude a deal.

Still sporting wise it makes little sense, since at the same time, targeted managers and players join other clubs and the start of the new campaign gets closer and the transfer market won't be open forever either.

Edited by Ben7