£10m bid for Bassong from Spurs turned down.

Craig

I think there's bigger issues than that.

I doubt people could actually care less so don't flatter yourself :jesuswept:

A bigger issue than your best player leaving you to sign for us?

Couldn't care less? Do me a favour

If you've been reading the board, you'd know people have long been resigned to Bassong leaving whether Ashley stays or we have new ownership. So do us a favour. Totally unsurprised to see you slink back on here under the guise of mourning SBR - it was just a question of when you'd show up, not whether.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally unsurprised to see you slink back on here under the guise of mourning SBR - it was just a question of when you'd show up, not whether.

Just what I was thinking.

If you've been reading the board, you'd know people have long been resigned to Bassong leaving whether Ashley stays or we have new ownership. So do us a favour. Totally unsurprised to see you slink back on here under the guise of mourning SBR - it was just a question of when you'd show up, not whether.

What I said about SBR was totally genuine, I hold him in the highest regard.

Just dont talk rubbish, it would hurt as much as if roles were reversed.

We've all believed for a long time that Bassong will go. However if you think we're bothered about his destination you're very much mistaken - we have far bigger issues to deal with.

We've all believed for a long time that Bassong will go. However if you think we're bothered about his destination you're very much mistaken - we have far bigger issues to deal with.

Really? More important than the sale of your best player?

To be honest most clubs lose their best players when they get relegated, it's an expectation. However not many clubs are in the position to refuse bids more than 20 times what they paid for the player.

It could be Spurs or the Jamaican Bob Sleigh team mate, we couldn't give a fuck.

If he's going he's going, he has no major connection to the club as it is so don't flatter yourself you gin soaked cockney gimp.

To be honest most clubs lose their best players when they get relegated, it's an expectation. However not many clubs are in the position to refuse bids more than 20 times what they paid for the player.

It could be Spurs or the Jamaican Bob Sleigh team mate, we couldn't give a fuck.

If he's going he's going, he has no major connection to the club as it is so don't flatter yourself you gin soaked cockney gimp.

You're right, you obviously don't give a fuck. My mistake.

You've evidently had your eyes and ears closed all summer.

More of a comment on the man than the situation.

How deluded are you?

Seriously...

More of a comment on the man than the situation.

How deluded are you?

Seriously...

Denial. Turns out it isn't just a river in Egypt.

All hinges on Lescott. Moyes looks like he's not going to cave in and I'm sure we'd gladly take some of City's gazillions. Putting this story out has just let City know they can get him for less than Lescott, but more than £10m.

I'm not taking you on over SBR. What I am saying is that if you really had come back solely to pay respects, you wouldn't still be posting. The truth is you've just used an excuse to come back on here and start spewing your pathetic tripe again. Have you noticed that Spurs have not even been mentioned while you weren't here? It's because we don't care in the least about your tinpot London club. We have plenty of our own problems in case you hadn't noticed.

Nobody cares where Bassong is going. Nobody is 'hurt' that he might be going to Spurs. Even if he were going to Sunderland, I doubt it would 'hurt' us, simply because although he was our best player last season and we gave him the acclaim he rightly deserved for that, he has hardly spent enough time here to develop any sort of bond with the city or the fans. It certainly wouldn't be a Sol Campbell or Carlos Tevez moment. So no, it doesn't matter where he's going, Spurs, Villa, IFK Goteborg, nobody cares. The fact is that he's going, and that's all there is to it. Now, why don't you do one?

Jesus christ, this cunt again?

Exactly, the wiki-warrior is back and he's still a tedious bastard.

I echo the sentiments above. We've been fairly quiet on here, admittedly, but I think the peace is rather more appealing than having this knob cheese back. Fuck off, plank.

10 million is not that much for him, when you consider what losing him could cost us.

I know it's a pretty forlorn hope, and not one I'd be laying any hard earned down on, but ultimately we'd like to at least be challenging for a playoff spot with the potential to go back up to the Premier League.

Bassong is a player who will be a great asset in an attempt to do so (if he doens't get too far ahead of himself). Of the good players that we do have he's the one that is on the lowest wages - probably one of the only players in the team that is on appropriate wages for the championship. If we sell him for 10 million and try to bring in anyone of lower but similar quality/athelticism we'll be behind by a significant amount on wages alone.

He is contracted to us for a few more years, so at the very least they should hang onto him for a while and use him to help bring us back up. If that doesn't work them they can think about selling him, when there is ample time to replace him. His value may have slightly gone down at this point (possibly not is you use Lescott as an example) but the value he will have provided in the meantime will be far in excess of that.

Got to hurt that its Spurs though. :jesuswept:

do fuck off you arsehole. We are tired of you now.

I'm not one for banning people from message boards , but your constant username changing and boring posts would have got me to fuck you off ages ago.

To act a cunt when using that username is beyond a joke. Danny, You can either change it and behave or just fuck off. It's entirely up to you.

To act a cunt when using that username is beyond a joke. Danny, You can either change it and behave or just fuck off. It's entirely up to you.

This. The mods should change his username to something amusing. God knows his posts aren't atm.