£10m bid for Bassong from Spurs turned down.

Craig

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't surprise me if he's thrown a hissy fit at the bid being rejected.

It would be difficult to blame him if that was the case. Ashley probably wants him to submit a transfer request first.

Bassong is happy to stay, from what Ive heard the club offered him £17k a week, he was happy to accept 25k, his logic not being that he wanted more through greed but that there were numerous "lazy bastards" there earning 40k+ while he was working his arse off on 5 and a half.

To put it into perspective we pay some players agents more per week than Bassong wants.

Redknapp's denying the bid....

It is not true. Not since I have been here today," said Redknapp.

"He is a player that I was interested in. I like Bassong, he is a young player with a good future and a good central defender.

"I don't think we have made an offer as far as I know. I am sure the chairman has not made an offer."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5467102,00.html

"He is a player that I was interested in. I like Bassong, he is a young player with a good future and a good central defender.

"I don't think we have made an offer as far as I know. I am sure the chairman has not made an offer."

Levy bidding for players behind his back? Surely not... :jesuswept:

Levy bidding for players behind his back? Surely not... :jesuswept:

Droopy is currently in Asia with the Spurds team, I wouldn't be surprised :lol:

Not like him to blatantly tap up a player via the media like.... the droopy faced cunt.

I fucking hate that prick.

'Sky Sports understands'. What does that mean? 'appy 'arry the cheeky cockney chappie has phoned them with some tidbit to get the player unsettled ????? As for the £10m bit, I reckon 'appy 'arry will have just added £2m to any real bid and Sky Sports another £2m to the total.

I don't like the fact that Bassong didn't feature today, I smell a rat with this story.

Bassong and Beye will be gone in a couple of days - whether Harry is doing his usual act of talking about signing a player before he mentions it to the club involved remains to be seen - I can only hope that if Bassong does go to Spurs he takes up the mantle that Kevin Scott left behind when he went there.

I still think Ashley is fishing for bids.

I reckon a genuine 10m offer for Bassong should be accepted in the current climate (he doesn't want to be here anyway) but if he is after more then he may once again shit in his own nest - personally i think he has already gone and its just a matter of time before the yellow ticker announces a medical on the go

Bassong is happy to stay, from what Ive heard the club offered him £17k a week, he was happy to accept 25k, his logic not being that he wanted more through greed but that there were numerous "lazy bastards" there earning 40k+ while he was working his arse off on 5 and a half.

To put it into perspective we pay some players agents more per week than Bassong wants.

Bassong and Taylor should have been the cornerstone of our premiership defence for many years.

Bassong and Taylor should have been the cornerstone of our premiership defence for many years.

I have to say totally agree with you here. Cant see it now to be honest he'll be gone. I think with a couple of seasons together they would of been solid

I have to say totally agree with you here. Cant see it now to be honest he'll be gone. I think with a couple of seasons together they would of been solid

really. taylor is far too error prone... !

I was referring to the club he was signing for.

What the fuck difference does it make to us if he signs for Spurs?

You have the chip on your shoulder, not us.