A Good Read.........

FriendlyMackem

The topic of this week’s Big Shout was whether Newcastle FC can return to the Premiership. Plenty of newsprint has been devoted to the same topic and Romily and myself decided to have our say in the FIFA 10 Podcast, simply because I’m annoyed at the presumption that Newcastle are a big club that deserves to be in the top flight.

Where does this idea come from?

They last won the FA Cup in 1955 and the closest they got to Premier League glory was when Man Utd pipped them to the post in 1997 after they squandered a 12-point lead. Now that’s hardly the pedigree of an elite team that belongs in the top tier of English football.

In fact, their only unique contribution to English football over recent years has been the sight of fat Geordies crying in the stands as their side was relegated. These shaven-headed topless men have had plenty to cry about in their time. All it takes is for a manager to lose two games on the trot and then these fans are blubbing away and calling for his head.

I doubt that Ruud Gullit, Graeme Souness, Glenn Roeder and Sam Allardyce would share the view that Newcastle fans are the best in football. At the first sign of trouble they’re baying for blood.

The simple fact is that Newcastle is a comedy team. They’re the footballing equivalent of a chimp dressed up as a human. Funny to watch as it parades about with ideas above its station, desperately trying to pass itself off as one of the big boys, but ultimately failing to convince anyone.

However, if reports are true then the punch line to this laughable affair could be the return of Kevin Keegan as manager if a Dubai tycoon buys the club from Mike Ashley. But that’s a joke we’ve all heard before.

Yup, spot on.

Are you the new Danny B?

I could also go on about a good chance at the league coming under SBR. We could have won it with only a few games to go until Bellamy got injured.

I fucking love these weekend geezer football fans. They're the people who enable Tim Lovejoy to have a career. They're twats to a man, full to the brim on stuffed crust pizzas and ready to 'ave it. Opinions by numbers but it beats thinking.

Seriously, it's like repeating catchphrases off Little Britain and thinking you're a comedian.

I look down upon you and your ilk. :(

I know this guy isnt exactly a football pundit, but he sums you up perfectly imo, thoughts?

Link

Crying Geordies? Boo Hoo Sunderland supporters must have been contemplating suicide the season where they only got 15 points on the board. One thing remains, Sunderland will never experience what we did during 1993-96 seasons, and thats plain and simple you will always be there just to make up the numbers, just another Bolton and less important than Hull City.

Fuck off back to RTG.

Newcastle FC? :lol:

Also, we didn't have a 12 point lead in 96-97, that was the season before. Knows his stuff obviously.

We never had one in 95-96 tbh - common mistake the media like to beat us with. It was 9pts with Man Utd having a game in hand.

Newcastle FC? :lol:

Also, we didn't have a 12 point lead in 96-97, that was the season before. Knows his stuff obviously.

We never had one in 95-96 tbh - common mistake the media like to beat us with. It was 9pts with Man Utd having a game in hand.

Thought it was 12 with them having a game in hand although you may well be right Craig. Either way though it shows a lack of knowledge on the author's part. Not sure if it's just a recent trend due to the rise of the internet etc. but you seem to get so many pieces now that just seem intent on getting as many rises out of people as possible with facts being a minor consideration. Tiresome stuff imo. I'd have been embarrassed to put my name to anything remotely resembling that.