Matchday

Christmas Tree

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and the references to our yellow shirts are going to grow old quicker than Motty's fetishlike obsession with timezones at the 2002 World Cup did :lol:

It'a amazing how UN-disgusting the shirts became after the first 15 mins of football. To normal folk, anyway.

Oh, and the references to our yellow shirts are going to grow old quicker than Motty's fetishlike obsession with timezones at the 2002 World Cup did :lol:

It'a amazing how UN-disgusting the shirts became after the first 15 mins of football. To normal folk, anyway.

I got a laugh or two out of them because my mother had been living under a rock for the past month or two. Twenty minutes into the match I got "eeeee! Are we in yellow!?"

Jonas -shit

Smith - more than adequate stand in for Butt

Understatement about smith like. Had a solid game. Moved around, didnt seem to tire, won possession plenty, passed it off well and didnt get booked. All the stuff Butt doesnt do these days. Does seem to share his shooting skills though.

As for Jonas, he's still prob the best we have.

My biggest fear is more likely to be sold :lol:

Totally agree about Smith had a good game.

Oh, and the references to our yellow shirts are going to grow old quicker than Motty's fetishlike obsession with timezones at the 2002 World Cup did :aye:

Yep, shirts have definitely grown on me.

He strolls about the place like he's walking his dogs on a Sunday morning

:lol::panic::aye:

WBA fan here, I think a draw was a fair result to be fair and from an albion fans point of view i think WBA were woeful and i think it's going to be a long hard season for WBA and Newcastle. Good luck for the season guys.

I got a laugh or two out of them because my mother had been living under a rock for the past month or two. Twenty minutes into the match I got "eeeee! Are we in yellow!?"

Aye I got the same. "Whos Joey Barton playing for now? West Brom!?"

Why Hughton took of Carroll, who had battled all day long and left that piece of unmitigated gash on the pitch I do not know, but it's proof we need a manager as soon as.

That was a shocking decision, I can only think that he must've had a knock.

I felt Mark Lawrenson was a bit harsh when Krul came on when he said most Newcastle fans wouldn't have heard of him... usual crap comment. no wonder he doesn't appear on MOFD Highlights as often any more.

I had a feeling we would loose 2-1 before the game, so am happy that we got a draw. Nice to see a game involving us where we had a lot of the ball. But the same old problem as last year, mainly in the first half where José Enrique and Jonas Gutierrez showed they haven't learnt anything and are still crap at crossing the ball. what the hell where they doing over the summer? you would have thought they might have improved.

We were alot better than I thought we would be, but I stand by my opinion that Ameobi is a donkey. everytime he had a chance to head towards goal or shoot, he hit the opposing player! Also bit dissappointed that Gutierrez seemed to go down at times way to easily and that Coloccini actuallys calls himself a central defender as most of the time his positioning is terrible.

Slightly worrying that the teams heads seem to go down when we went 1-0 down. hopefully that will wear off quickly as surely we will not find outselves losing as often as we did last year

But on the plus side, was impressed by Smith as I wasn't sure he could do the holding midfielder role effectively and be a good captain, but had a good game.

Feel sorry for Steve Harper, spends so long trying to get first choice. Finally does it. First game with the number 1 shirt and only lasts half the match. Although fantastic replacement in Tim Krul. Any of us that remember the match against Palermo in the UEFA cup know he has a lot of talent, and it was good to see him get his chance.

I couldn't believe that Hughton went, what I saw as negative when he replaced Carroll with Barton as we don't seem to have the same threat with only 1 up front... more so when that 1 person is Mr Donkey. Personally would have liked to see Xisco given a chance as we paid all that money for him so might as well see what he can do at this level as we didn't give him much of a chance in the premier league.

Overall, I have slightly more optimism for the rest of the season from that showing, but the delivery of the ball into the box has to improve alot and the defending needs to be alot quicker as players seem to mess about with the ball instead of just clearing it

WBA fan here, I think a draw was a fair result to be fair and from an albion fans point of view i think WBA were woeful and i think it's going to be a long hard season for WBA and Newcastle. Good luck for the season guys.

I thought we were the better team but you lot had the better chances

Anyone else notice after Shearer spoke at half time about pushing Nolan higher up the pitch? Low and behold, beginning of the second half that's where he was!

Swear to god he winked at the camera after saying it. :lol:

Anyone else notice after Shearer spoke at half time about pushing Nolan higher up the pitch? Low and behold, beginning of the second half that's where he was!

Swear to god he winked at the camera after saying it. :lol:

We noticed. :panic:

Stunned that Shola started.....we need to give Ranger a go.

I thought the summer just hadn't happened - a performance identical to so many last year - spells where you think we could have a half-decent team followed by frustration at shitness beyond measure.

Harper is still average at best, R. Taylor is still garbage, Enrique is a half-decent defender who can't pass to a teammate no matter how ludicrous the fucking strip is, Collocini is still a fanny, Guttierez is still toothless and Shola is still the shittest piece of shit in shitsville. Smith was canny though.

Given that we've lost our only half-decent players and have nobody new, frankly I'd be more worried if I was a West Brom fan - what's their excuse for being shite?

Pleased with a point and with Smith's performance. I hope to see more of the same from him. Although I am and have been one of Jonas's more consistent defenders, he was terrible today. Krul, of course, was unbelievable.

If we tighten up our defence a bit we can be a success in this league, at least on today's evidence. But let's not forget WBA are a team who try to play football. When we're up against the cloggers we'll see if our lads fancy it.

Jonas was extremely annoying today.

The guy is so unproductive it's pretty strange. Plus he was acting like a right diving cheat most of the time, the ref was spot on with pretty much every single decision involving our Argie.

Really wouldn't be upset to see him go.

Jonas was extremely annoying today.

The guy is so unproductive it's pretty strange. Plus he was acting like a right diving cheat most of the time, the ref was spot on with pretty much every single decision involving our Argie.

Really wouldn't be upset to see him go.

I think we should get rid of him and go in for Brunt tbh.